• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the official reasoning for not doing this? Clearly it can't be 'controversy is good'...

FIFA believe the game should be the same at every level, from the park to the biggest stage & they believe that technology would ruin that.

Well then.... I mean just to get one tech and not the other would be stupid. If they're doing it they should do it right.

Expand that & the game would last another 20-30 minutes.

WTF on the ESPN feed did Ian Darke REALLY just say Parker "symbolizes England's warrior spirit"??

1340134374112.gif

How was this even handball

rinse82

Well, Italy vs England.

Looking forward to it; living in Toronto and growing up in York Region around tons of Italians, I've always cheered hard against them.

Perfect.

Well, Italy vs England.

Looking forward to it; living in Toronto and growing up in York Region around tons of Italians, I've always cheered hard against them.

Perfect.

Nah, just when you walk and they say something stupid just fall over and say they pushed you down. Scream bloody murder. Pour some water on your knee, and then run off.

Bo-Locks

WTF on the ESPN feed did Ian Darke REALLY just say Parker "symbolizes England's warrior spirit"??

1340134374112.gif

Since you keep persisting with it, you do know that there has to be some intent in the handbal to award a penalty. You can't just kick the ball at someone's standing arm and then claim a penalty, especially if the handball doesn't prevent a clear goal. In short, it wasn't intentional and didn't prevent what would otherwise have been a goal. Not a penalty.

But you dont have 5th referees in the park...? I mean i understand that its not your opinion, but who can say this with a straight face?

You don't even have that in normal regular matches. But yeah, the arguments against it are shitty, Blatter is saying shit like "Other sports regularly change the laws of the game to react to the new technology. We don't do it and this makes the fascination and the popularity of football".

So change = bad. It has been tested quite a bit in matches around different leagues lately though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom