• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Think someone mentioned France had like a 16 game unbeaten streak. Rather unceremonious end to it.

Edit: ESPN just said it was 23.. wow.

But you dont have 5th referees in the park...? I mean i understand that its not your opinion, but who can say this with a straight face?

It's a lot easier to find 2 more people then it is to add the tech to parks around the world. I'm sure they will change their minds if TV revenues ever start to drop though.

Gandie

Since you keep persisting with it, you do know that there has to be some intent in the handbal to award a penalty. You can't just kick the ball at someone's standing arm and then claim a penalty, especially if the handball doesn't prevent a clear goal. In short, it wasn't intentional and didn't prevent what would otherwise have been a goal. Not a penalty.

That's bullshit. There's no rule claiming that a handball has to prevent a clear goal to be punishable. It has to be intentional and in the above gif it is not clear if intent is present or not.

xbhaskarx

WTF on the ESPN feed did Ian Darke REALLY just say Parker "symbolizes England's warrior spirit"??

1340134374112.gif

Since you keep persisting with it, you do know that there has to be some intent in the handbal to award a penalty. You can't just kick the ball at someone's standing arm and then claim a penalty, especially if the handball doesn't prevent a clear goal. In short, it wasn't intentional and didn't prevent what would otherwise have been a goal. Not a penalty.

1. Parker falls forward on purpose, and then moves his hands forward, from below his head to above.
2. Just because John Terry was in a similar position at the World Cup doesn't mean having your hands above your head as you're horizontal on the ground is a natural position. If that was the case on set pieces the defenders could keep their arms above their heads and claim that any contact was unintentional and ball-to-hand.
3. My comment was about how Ian Darke, in typical delusional British fashion, said Parker "symbolizes England's warrior spirit" in a game where he was crawling around on the ground.

King_Moc

Banned
You don't even have that in normal regular matches. But yeah, the arguments against it are shitty, Blatter is saying shit like "Other sports regularly change the laws of the game to react to the new technology. We don't do it and this makes the fascination and the popularity of football".

So change = bad. It has been tested quite a bit in matches around different leagues lately though.

While i agree with goal line technology, it's worth noting that the correct decision was reached here. The technology wouldn't have picked up on it being offside.

Mac_Lane

We just got totally assraped by the Swedes, well done guys.

We're going to be destroyed by Spain.

God that game was unwatchable. Painful to watch, I wanted to slap every single one of them in the fuckin' face.

pringles

Sweden's played more fun football than England and France, if only we didn't somehow lose against Ukraine we'd be through :-/

Spain and Italy are gonna destroy the Brits and Frenchies.

What bullshit! I know people laugh at Greece for being anti-football, but I'm yet to find a team that is as boring to watch and lucky as the England team... France being my second favorite team this tourney, they deserved to lose this match, they sucked ass, and won't make it far if they keep this up. But fuck England for beating Ukraine, so unfair.

I'll take England any day of the week in a euro quarter final. Going to be a good one. No expectations either way going into that game. Should be good.

Shoogoo

What a shitty group, hard to believe that England and France are going through. They may as well go home already.

Something that bothers me is England's offense, shouldn't they stop spending shit tons of millions to bring foreigners in premiere league and instead spend that money on kids in England? Milner and Young both looked pathetic all 3 matches, Milner especially, what the hell is wrong with that guy.

And what's worse is that he'll still be aligned next match, dafuq Coach?

Have two teams ever limped over the finishing line like that?

Have to say, goal-line controversy or not, there's no denying that Roy's done a hell of a job so far results-wise. I expected 4 or 6 points from this group.

Can't wait til the media pretend that Rooney had a great game and single-handedly won the game

Saty

You don't even have that in normal regular matches. But yeah, the arguments against it are shitty, Blatter is saying shit like "Other sports regularly change the laws of the game to react to the new technology. We don't do it and this makes the fascination and the popularity of football".

So change = bad. It has been tested quite a bit in matches around different leagues lately though.

They can't even give the ok to use that white spray that they use in south-america to note where the ball and wall should be.

Ianan

1. Parker moves his hands forward, from below his head to above.
2. Just because John Terry was in a similar position at the World Cup doesn't mean having your hands above your head as you're horizontal on the ground is a natural position.

Seriously, it was not a hand ball in the slightest. He had shown no intent of blocking it with his hands, his hands were there to protect his face from hitting the ground, natural human reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom