• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
France against Spain could be good with all the talk from France about spanish sports and doping.

Couldn't they just use another official in a video booth to review these types of calls? The robbed team could just have a designated player to clutch his face and roll about whilst the official makes the call.

Saty

How can i be expected to fully invest myself in the sports when i know how quickly and irrevocably the outcome is decided by stupid rules and not got enough referees?

Sky Chief

michel-platini_1125537c.jpg

What a douche

xbhaskarx

How can i be expected to fully invest myself in the sports when i know how quickly and irrevocably the outcome is decided by stupid rules and not got enough referees?

Unlike... which other sport? I guess bowling and maybe golf, can't think of any others. Certainly not any of the major team sports...

Meier

From ESPN:

Another French change as Giroud comes on for M'Vila and misses a free header from six yards with his first touch!

No wonder they're happy to sell him to Arsenal ASAP.. Giroud isn't helping his value this tournament. Missed quite a few seemingly easy ones.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
You know the solution to all these bad calls is pretty low tech - have someone watching the replays and then radioing the referee to tell him whether to call offside or if the ball passed the goal line. They just don't want to implement it because CONTROVERSY.

Grath

You know the solution to all these bad calls is pretty low tech - have someone watching the replays and then radioing the referee to tell him whether to call offside or if the ball passed the goal line. They just don't want to implement it because CONTROVERSY.

What's the official reasoning for not doing this? Clearly it can't be 'controversy is good'... Is it too expensive for all 1st division matches?

soepje

Somewhat offtopic: But for the longest time the Kaiser Chiefs where singing about Rooney instead of Ruby.. I found it strange, but i thought it was just an English thing...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
It's the slippery slope argument, if the goal had been given die to goalline tech, then England would be aggrieved at an offside goal given against them.

They would then be told to shut the fuck up, cause there was a flagrant handball that earlier wasn't called on them. England can't have it both ways.

Saty

Unlike... which other sport? I guess bowling and maybe golf, can't think of any others. Certainly not any of the major team sports...

The impact bad calls have on football games is far greater than any other sports i watch.
Anyhow, all major tennis matches have hawk-eye on top of it a sports where a single point probably won't decide an entire match. Unlike football where one call can the be all and end all.
Milan would have probably won the league if Muntari's goal was allowed by the ref.

Just got up , I expected to see France and England winning but it looks France is in some trouble .
With not allot of time left to save them self .

Edit just saw the goals thanks to sunhi gifs 1 awesome goal and the other one is funny as hell .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom