• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kottila

That's bullshit. There's no rule claiming that a handball has to prevent a clear goal to be punishable. It has to be intentional and in the above gif it is not clear if intent is present or not.

The arm also has to be in a somewhat natural position. You can't spread them out and then claim that you didn't intend for the ball to hit your arm. I would given them a penalty as he's crawling around and his hands are blocking off parts of the pitch.

Randdalf

I'm more worried about playing Italy than playing Spain. We beat Spain not so long ago, and we know that the Chelsea defense works wonders against a team that just wants to pass. Italy will be difficult to break down and difficult to defend against, especially with Balotelli.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Man those were some dull matches. If only Sweden had played like that before in other matches!

Oooh, nice thread title too.

This England match is a reason why we should have goal-line video technology. (even if looking at the replay, it looks like it was offside)

Just to end the debate about the goal being allowed, it was offside:

rgvis.jpg

IceCold

If Ronaldo plays like he played against Netherlands for the remainder of the tournament, then Portugal has a very good chance of winning this.

1. Parker falls forward on purpose, and then moves his hands forward, from below his head to above.

I don't think we can determine if it was intentional or not from a slo-mo .gif. It looks to me like he stuck his hands out to brace his fall, and momentum kept him going forward. But, tbf, I didn't see the match.

Even if cameras existed in football matches, they would clearly see that the Ukrainian player was offside anyway, therefore the non-goal would've stood regardless.

Also my boss and another co-worker are both Italian and are following Italy in this tournament obviously so definitely gonna be some trashtalking for the rest of the week. Definitely wearing my England shirt on Friday.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
No one enjoys England schadenfreude more than me but you have to be fucking blind to not see an offside. The goal should have never counted anyway.

Randdalf

Hopefully the media will take the opportunity to further pressure Uefa to use technology. I know they trialed it somewhere recently.

Sweden's played more fun football than England and France, if only we didn't somehow lose against Ukraine we'd be through :-/

Spain and Italy are gonna destroy the Brits and Frenchies.
Pedantic but England != Brits

Excited for the quarters. I'd be happy if England made it to the semis.
Hopefully the media will take the opportunity to further pressure Uefa to use technology. I know they trialed it somewhere recently.
Hell Ukraine is the fucking host they should throw a fit, not just the media.

Saty

And you don't even need a camera. Put a chip inside the ball that makes a sound when it fully crosses the line.

soepje

NoRéN;39044886 said:
Ukraine, just Ukraine. Why the people say The Ukraine? Even on ESPN the say The Ukraine.

Ok, back to being bitter about Ukraine being eliminated.
I agree, from now on i´m from Netherlands, instead of the Netherlands X-(.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, what do you say? It feels good to finish in style, of course, but then you naturally start thinking "what if...?". What if we had played like this in the first two games? Would we have made it through? Probably. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom