• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
the Ukraine forward was offisde in the buildup to that goal, though ive no doubt that fact will not be remembered
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Kinyou

Why are you guys ignoring the offside guy before the no goal call? I am confused, haha.
It's one thing if the referees are not able to see an offside pass, it's a completely different thing if they aren't able to tell the one thing the whole game is about.

That stuff like this can happen is an embarrassment.

Hand ball, should have been a penalty kick:
1340134374112.gif

Ball over the line, should have been a Ukranian goal:
vlc2012-06-1921-07-03mekgr.png

It could be Ukraine 2 England 1 right now.
I'm sure the British media will be all over this... especially considering Ukraine won't get destroyed 4-1.

No, it should still be 1-1. The run leading up to the second goal was offside, meaning that it wouldn't count anyway.

Leonsito

Btw, I recommend following this guy: @2010MisterChip, he normally tweets only in Spanish, but during the Euro he's doing it in English too.

It's one thing if the referees are not able to see an offside pass, it's a completely different thing if they aren't able to tell the one thing the whole game is about.

That stuff like this can happen is embarrassing for the whole sport.

I see your point.

But it seems that specific sequence evened itself out, by bad reffing x2.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is not about Ukraine being robbed (they didn't, guy was offside). It's about FIFA/UEFA's officials and/or ineptitude at keeping up with the game because of stupid decisions from the top.

jtb

Banned
England clearly would've gone on to win that match if they hadn't been screwed over

clearly.

handball! can't feel too bad for the french though, they've been appalling. and smh @ blanc. Malouda before Giroud? Mexes anywhere near the side?

xbhaskarx

England clearly would've gone on to win that match if they hadn't been screwed over

Of course... it's not like they were thoroughly outplayed by a far more talented team as the English ran around like chickens with their heads cut off with no concept of tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom