• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

How do you not see that? That's two meters at least.

I would guess that the issue would be rather more not being aware of the moment when the pass begins rather than not seeing it as offside. I wonder how you'd be best to handle it as a line judge being that you need to view two events that are very distant from one another.

spidye

was laughing more at his intro where he showed neuer how to properly eat weißwurscht
the usual stuff you expect from a player. yes the defence is good but we can be better, we played good and have 9 points but we can play a lot better etc.
didnt know he played a year together with hummels in his youth years, also that he played midfield and hummels was a striker.

cool. thanks

Sweden 1-0 France (Ibrahimovic)

untitled-5s4xwu.gif

This gif reminds me of Henrik Larsson for some reason. Fantastic goal.

It really baffles me why it so hard to get those cameras to the goal line. For example in ice hockey they have used goal cameras for ages.

But had there been cameras then the said goal would have been recognized despite the fact that it's illegitimate due to being offside.
So in this case one human error compensated for another human error :O

However I'm still not opposed to goal line tech.

nice job ibra.

england v. italy should be good. on paper and by performances this tourney italy should destroy them but you never know.
I think you're being harsh on England, sure they've given away the ball but the results are in favour of England 4 wins in 5 games, with 1 draw. They handle pressure decently and I think today was the only time their defence was awful. I'm optimistic for a Germany England semi final.

Smeghead

Honestly would rather be playing France than England.

Yes England are the shitter team but i can see them pulling a Chelsea and nicking a win.

Some of the most obvious "phantom goals" that were given in Germany:

itYgn0JxDR4.gif

iPG9BD16ZygaL.gif

Yup, that one too. But hey, it's Bayern and German referees follow the rule: when in doubt decide for Bayern.

fuenf

Prediction League Top 20 after Matchday 3:

i1x8gBDkk82tp.png
i5wn24TRrHx8U.png

Don't forget to submit your quarter-finals predictions (after extra time => a draw is possible).

Kinan

What a sad evening, we gave it all, and were much better team. England did not deserve to advance, but we were extremely unlucky today... Such a stupid goal to go in, and so many good chances were not used... We really put all our hearts in the dream of going further, but were hit by tough ukrainian luck again....

What a sad evening, we gave it all, and were much better team. England did not deserve to advance, but we were extremely unlucky today... Such a stupid goal to go in, and so many good chances were not used... We really put all our hearts in the dream of going further, but were hit by tough ukrainian luck again....

We did, because we did

Visceir

We did, because we did

Yah, england had their strategy in place and it worked well for them. Them holding back and defending was all intentional, as was the sudden push in the first minutes of second half. They definitely had more in them than they needed to show and showed today.

I don't think you're grasping the meaning of the word "deserve"....

For me, you deserve what you get on the pitch barring clearly poor decisions from the officials and exceptional circumstances. England got the qualification, and the only poor decision in our favour occured literally seconds after, and within the same phase of play as a poor decision that went against us and led to the oppurtunity

mxgt

Banned
I hate all this talk of who deserves to win, it's such bullshit. whoever takes their chances deserves to win, simple as that

I hate all this talk of who deserves to win, it's such bullshit. whoever takes their chances deserves to win, simple as that

Fucking this.

Also, do people still not understand what constitutes an offside?!? Shit refereeing all around, the ball crossed the line, but it was also offside so two wrongs did make a right, somehow. Still pretty galling to see people talking about how Ukraine were robbed etc... It was offside by at least a yard.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
England played like shit, but they got the results and that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom