• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

That penalty shootout sums up Ronaldo for me. He wanted the spotlight that comes with taking the last penalty. But in the end he didn't even get to take one.

He's the captain of that team but he put himself in front of his teammates. And as a result Portugal went out. He's their best penalty taker but elected to go last for selfish reasons.

This is yet another international tournament where Ronaldo has failed to live up to expectations.

Erimriv

LoL Spain. They are trolling the bitter haters badly :)

And that Ramos penalty wow. Someone should make a gif with that.

Hope tomorrow Italy makes the final. Nothing against Germany, I think Joachin Löwe and the players are a class act but we need to make it to the final.
Forza Italia!!!

Rad-

Meh, it's going to be boring if Spain wins again. Too much domination is never good for any sport.

That penalty shootout sums up Ronaldo for me. He wanted the spotlight that comes with taking the last penalty. But in the end he didn't even get to take one.

He's the captain of that team but he put himself in front of his teammates. And as a result Portugal went out. He's their best penalty taker but elected to go last for selfish reasons.

This is yet another international tournament where Ronaldo has failed to live up to expectations.

Well nobody else in that team can step up and win matches like he can. Not his fault most Portugal players are crap.

Binabik15

I hope Germany smash Spain now.

Hopefully the high tempo Germany play will beat Spain, like Portugal did in the first half to decent effect.

I'd like my home country to FINALLY win a big title after placing third again and again with great games and only losing in the semi-finals, but the way they fumbled passes in the last game, I don't know. I guess they'll either manage to blitz Spain early and get that confidence boost or get horrible crushed under Spain's defence, like last time.

I was rooting so hard for Portugal, but my soon to be brother in law as a half-German, half-Spaniard must have had a hell of a time today. So many close moments. In the end the wrong team won, but he won't see it that way, of course.

LoL Spain. They are trolling the bitter haters badly :)

And that Ramos penalty wow. Someone should make a gif with that.

Hope tomorrow Italy makes the final. Nothing against Germany, I think Joachin Löwe and the players are a class act but we need to make it to the final.
Forza Italia!!!

Your country is bad and should feel bad! *shakes fist* Revenge, we need revenge!

Acidote

I wish Italy had another chance at Spain because I think we match up and have the best shot against them in a final. Unfortunately I'm not too confident for tomorrow and I think Germany will beat Italy (surprise me being pessimistic!).

I haven't honestly been very impressed by Spain all tournament. They aren't dominating or anything. They're just somehow getting things done and I guess thats all that really matters in the end.

To be fair, I think Italy deserves the title the most in this Euro, and if we loose to you in the final, I can only sincerely congratulate you.

tirant

News flash, you guys were not the better team, but hey, you still won. That's all that matters. I'm moving on, you focus on the final.

Do you really think Portugal was better? Both teams played like shit. Extra time was a little bit more interesting, and Portugal didnt do anything there.

feel

Bento decided the order, except for the Nani/Bruno swap.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The Spanish hate is hilarious. The fact is this, they are through to their 3rd consecutive final.
It's never been done. Spain is not playing their best football in this tournament, yet they still remain the better team. I'm french and I applaud this golden generation.

FootballFan

Because he saw Drogba become a hero shooting last in the Champion's league final.

^This. So much this. He really should have taken the penalty as soon as Alonso had his saved. Spain miss, your captain scores = confidence to the max. But nah, lets let Bruno Alves and Pepe take the penalties.

This game was the classic "someone had to win" game.

Was rooting for Portugal cuz Moutinho, Meireles, and Coentrao played so well, but whatever. Bring on tomorrow's game!

Hope Schweini doesn't play. 70% Schweinsteiger isn't as good as Toni Kroos. Just not.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
WTF went on with Alves and Nami? Nobody on earth could score having to make the walk twice.

ihDcqYbzZ7PF.gif

"I've made a huge mistake."

We need this now.

Kinyou

Maybe there's a 0.0000001% chance that he actually didn't feel like he was able to shoot a good one. In that case stepping back would actually be quite honorable.

Do you really think Portugal was better? Both teams played like shit. Extra time was a little bit more interesting, and Portugal didnt do anything there.

Overall? Hard to tell, on the first 90 minutes? Most definitely, but Spain was much more superior on OT then any other time during the 90minutes.

Alx

Disappointing conclusion... but Portugal did an ok match, especially at the beginning. It was less boring than I anticipated. Too few goal opportunities though.
Even the PK started ok with both keepers showing some skill, and then it was just luck.

After the group stage there hasn't been a single interesting game for neutral viewers.

Edit: I'm also surprised at how there are zero bans after these games. Some people are incredibly retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom