• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, back in Portugal...

9VV8A.jpg

John Dunbar

correct about everything
you realize every team you've been on has lost? if you choose TEAM ITALY, they will lose too. just join us, my friend, on TEAM ESPANA

it's both a blessing and a curse. every team i'm ever for loses. bright side is that i make a lot of money from bets by wagering against my heart.

now i will go portugal > italy > germany, with spain finally winning, and i'll be a sad wabbit.

if ANYONE got this, its zidane vs buffon 2006. perfection! (sorry i dont have a gif).
He was quite lucky to have that go over the line. He also roofed it where there is no chance the goalie could have gotten to it. Going straight down the middle is a little more boss if I may say so. It worked out well for Zidane though. It was a nice shot, if not a bit lucky. Then again Pirlo was lucky Hart was in net. lol Penalties are a crapshoot.

Andrefpvs

Excuse my previous posts portuguese fans, some of the bullshit that i read here in the last days made me lost my head ;(

The problem is not my post history, but some of the comments posted here before (and during) the match.

Come on man, your team won, just celebrate. You're on the internet, you'll ALWAYS read stuff you don't like. It's not worth it to take it all personal ;)

Melfice7

"Yo coach, you see what Drogba did in CL final ? Yee I wanna be a hero like dat, make sure im fifth"

Ronaldo easily could have stepped in and taken whichever penalty he wanted, just like Nani did when he stopped Bruno Alves from kicking.

The order of penalty shootouts is predefined and cant be changed, Nani took the spot because Alves mixed the order

Im heartbroken but we played like champions against the champions so im also proud

Let's Go World Cup 14! :D

That penalty shootout sums up Ronaldo for me. He wanted the spotlight that comes with taking the last penalty. But in the end he didn't even get to take one.

He's the captain of that team but he put himself in front of his teammates. And as a result Portugal went out. He's their best penalty taker but elected to go last for selfish reasons.

This is yet another international tournament where Ronaldo has failed to live up to expectations.

Seems like a bit of a reach to me. Just as likely the coach put him there for strategic reasons which backfired.

Also, when the players around Ronaldo can't provide the service and play they do in his club side, it's no wonder he struggles to perform at that level, as with Messi at times - although he's been in marvellous form for Argentina of late. The last player I witnessed who could truly carry his national team toward glory, through individual performance, is Zidane. Players like that are true anomalies.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nothing against Portugal but the endless sucking up the BBC commentators do everytime Ronaldo is on the ball had me rooting for Spain to win big-time.

I can't be the only one, surely?

aeroslash

I'm catalan and fcbarcelona fan and this isn't true today, that's your Catalunya Radio and TV3 regime doctrine.

What¿? I've watched every Euro game on t5 or cuatro. And that's what has happened on every match. They've been amusing in every way. Specially when the same comentators who hated barça game, are now saying how good spain is playing..LOL

tv3 and Catalunya Radio have nothing to do in this discussion.

Acidote

And one more thing, Portugal should be praised for facing the match bravely. They had the match at their fingertips for that reason. Maybe Spain wouldn't be there if other teams had done the same instead of parking the bus.

Spiegel

Portugal played a better match the first 90 minutes but no one deserved the win, really.

Still, I'm glad to see Spain on a final again.

What¿? I've watched every Euro game on t5 or cuatro. And that's what has happened on every match. They've been amusing in every way. Specially when the same comentators who hated barça game, are now saying how good spain is playing..LOL

tv3 and Catalunya Radio has nothing to do in this discussion.

Paco Gonzalez hates Barça?

Go away with your inferiority complex, please.

Juaner

Boring Spain ,They'll ruin the final :(

Why? Cause they're going to win again?

If you want to win against Spain you must be better. No team has been yet. Who's more boring? I tell you: all the planet.

Cry me a river mama.

Pirlo, you're out of date, Ramos is the new macho.

Empty

Nothing against Portugal but the endless sucking up the BBC commentators do everytime Ronaldo is on the ball had me rooting for Spain to win big-time.

I can't be the only one, surely?

best bit is whenever he has a freekick. having spent a minute talking it up like it's the first lunar mission taking off, the quiet disappointed comment by them after he blazes over is great.

aeroslash

Paco Gonzalez hates Barça?

Go away with your inferiority complex, please.

Inferiority what? My posts have nothing to do with Barça or Madrid, so please go yourself away or don't keep derailing my posts.

I'm just stating facts. The comentators who have been Madrid supporters for years are now saying good things about how spain is playing when they've been talking shit about how Barça plays for some seasons now.

tv3 and Catalunya Radio has nothing to do in this discussion.

Who te fuck hated barça game? They always talk highly of Barça in most media, that's bullshit that Catalonian media bring out but isn't true, because their favorite tactic is to play victim. Same about Pepe, they always said he's mad but is a really good defender. Even some Madrid media asked to sell Pepe this year, because he make Madrid image bad.

You don't know what you're talking about and you should shut up beacuse this is not the thread to spout bullshit.

Konosuke

Not sure why everyone is drilling on Ronaldo, you'd want the team captain to take either the first or the last PK. In 2006 he took the last penalty against England.

boingball

Spain is playing some boring football. This does not look good for the final.

Italy would probably defeat them in the final. Germany probably not. Hopefully the game between these two will be more interesting.

tirant

Spanish supporters are always insoportable. And this is coming from a catalan.

Spain wasn't the best today. And that's all. Maybe they'll win the Euro though.

You guys would love to watch the spanish tv where all the comentators are Madrid supporters saying things like that Pepe is a murderer when they've spent all the season saying he is the best central in the world. Sum this to CR7, and the barça players to have some awesome bipolar moments..xD

Man, that happens everywhere.

FootballFan

I'd like to say that Pedro once again was fantastic, he surely has earned himself a starting spot. In the last 2 games he has been Spains best player after coming on.

Clegg

Ronaldo had a brilliant season for Madrid but was very disappointing during this tournament. He had one good game and was mediocre to poor for the rest.

Coentrao and Moutinho were the best Portuguese players in the Euros. Nani played pretty well too.

Spiegel

Inferiority what? My posts have nothing to do with Barça or Madrid, so please go yourself away or don't keep derailing my posts.

I'm just stating facts. The comentators who have been Madrid supporters for years are now saying good things about how spain is playing when they've been talking shit about how Barça plays for some seasons now.

Ahahahaha

Yes, poor precious Barça. All of them are Madrid supporters who hate Barça

Go cry somewhere else.

As a neutral, I'm glad to proclaim that posts which contain the words "haters", "salt" and/or "tears" are rather obnoxious.

Rather boring game. Either side deserved to go through. Congratulations, Spain.

I seriously don't get that bullshit, both teams were good, Spain lucked out and scraped by at the end, It was never a definitive victory, why be so hostile and obnoxious in here? Either post something congratulatory like a mature adult or just go celebrate that your team won.

Ronaldo had a brilliant season for Madrid but was very disappointing during this tournament. He had one good game and was mediocre to poor for the rest.

Coentrao and Moutinho were the best Portuguese players in the Euros. Nani played pretty well too.

Surprised by this. If he only played this good with Madrid.

ektoll

Hahaa, my girlfriend and I were watching the game, we just doozed off for a few minutes and when I opened my eyes, there were ads and I was a little anxious because I didn't know how it ended!

Congrats to Spain, but I must admit that they indeed are boring to watch :D

Andrefpvs

Just one thing. Can we stop with the "salty tears" thing? It's just a prettier "CRY MOAR!" and it's becoming annoying.
Come up with better, funnier trash talk pls :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom