• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Portugal got Spain against the ropes during the first half.

Shit got even in the second half, with Spain winning more steam near the end.

Spain got Portugal cornered during the prorogue.

The ref sucked for both teams.

I don't know how anybody could dispute any of this.

cube444

OMG, Argentinian supporters are having a field day on the internet with Ronaldo.

Some serious fucking vitriol, son.

i7n8U.jpg

Kasra_2x4

Why? Cause they're going to win again?

If you want to win against Spain you must be better. No team has been yet. Who's more boring? I tell you: all the planet.

Cry me a river mama.

Pirlo, you're out of date, Ramos is the new macho.

Nope.Not this time buddy.Germans wont let them this time.
And let's talk about Ramos.Did you know his penalty ball against Bayern hasn't found yet?

Say what you want about the penalties, but Portugal should have closed the lid on the game with the counter-attack in the 89th minute of the game. It was a 3vs2 situation in which Ronaldo gets taken completely out of pace because of a shit pass, yet still, if you wanna be a real hero and win the Ballon D'or he still should have made more out of this situation.

Juaner

that's irrelevant. no matter what happens, the game will be a snoozefest because that's what spain does. therefore the final will be boring.

thanks spain for shitting up the tournament.

The only possibility for a funny final is Italy. The only team with balls enough to play football against us. No Germany, no Netherland, no Portugal. But Spain shits up the tournament, yay.

Come on Italy, fuck the germans, do it for the olive oil, those guys fries potatos with shit.

Clegg

Not sure why everyone is drilling on Ronaldo, you'd want the team captain to take either the first or the last PK. In 2006 he took the last penalty against England.

In 2006 he was a 20 year old. He wasn't the captain then and still had Luis Figo as a mentor of sorts.

Fastforward to 2012 and he's the second best player in the world. He's scored over 100 goals in 2 seasons and is the main penalty taker for Madrid and Portugal. He needed to step up first to set the example for the rest of the team.

Andrefpvs

DerZuhälter;39303878 said:
Say what you want about the penalties, but Portugal should have closed the lid on the game with the counter-attack in the 89th minute of the game. It was a 3vs2 situation in which Ronaldo gets taken completely out of pace because of a shit pass, yet still, if you wanna be a real hero and win the Ballon D'or he still should have made more out of this situation.

Yeah, they should have scored that one.

FootballFan

If Iniesta has a decisive performance in the final is it likely that he can win the Ballon d'Or?

No. Balon d'Or discussion has to stop, unless we are talking about who will get 2nd and 3rd.

Messi is the best so he will get it. He will. 2nd most likely Ronaldo. Depending what happens in the Euro final, Iniesta or even Ozil could get 3rd.

tirant

The only possibility for a funny final is Italy. The only team with balls enough to play football against us. No Germany, no Netherland, no Portugal. But Spain shits up the tournament, yay.

Come on Italy, fuck the germans, do it for the olive oil, those guys fries potatos with shit.

You dont know what you are missing, senor.

dont start over with this shit :( saddest day of my fan-life.

germany brings the revenge tomorrow ;P
Revenge for whom? Germany or France? Even if Germany beat Italy tomorrow it will still never make up for Italy breaking the entire countries soul at home in that World Cup '06. I mean that had to be the worst feeling ever for Germans. Only way you equal that is to take Italy out at home in the same fashion. Tomorrow could help ease the pain a little bit for the Germans though (6 years later still stingin' I bet).

As for France? Well they are not in this tournament anymore so there is no revenge for them to be had.

2MF

Whichever team wins tomorrow, I hope they beat the shit out of Spain in the final. At least Germany/Italy don't need to go on the referees' laps...

Leonsito

God, every fucking single day the same fucking discussion of Messi-Ronaldo or Madrid-Barça, just shut the fuck up guys.

Happy that Spain won, but I think Portugal is a fantastic team, they started the Euro in the group of death and they were 'robbed' a final in the PK.

Ramos was MotM, deserved, he has been impressive so far in this Euro.

The most worrying thing for Spain is that Xavi is playing bad, I don't know if it is confidence, bad form... He needs to come back to be the Xavi he was all season in Barça.

what
lol.gif

germans fry potatos with shit? :\

sneaky77

"Yo coach, you see what Drogba did in CL final ? Yee I wanna be a hero like dat, make sure im fifth"

Ronaldo easily could have stepped in and taken whichever penalty he wanted, just like Nani did when he stopped Bruno Alves from kicking.

I am not sure what happened there, but you cannot change the order once is submitted.. for all we know the players got confused.

derwalde

Revenge for whom? Germany or France? Even if Germany beat Italy tomorrow it will still never make up for Italy breaking the entire countries soul at home in that World Cup '06. I mean that had to be the worst feeling ever for Germans. Only way you equal that is to take Italy out at home in the same fashion. Tomorrow could help ease the pain a little bit for the Germans though (6 years later still stingin' I bet).

As for France? Well they are not in this tournament anymore so there is no revenge for them to be had.

oh cmon. im german and i followed zidanes carreer as a fan since 1996. dont argue with me about that. btw, we will beat you tomorrow, so its kinda my personal revenge ;)

(if we wont beat you, ill root for you in the finals:p).

Pleease, it wasn't half as bad..
We won the WC in Italy too, you're blowing it out of proportion.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If Iniesta has a decisive performance in the final is it likely that he can win the Ballon d'Or?

he didn't do much during the season to be honest. his best season was 2008/2009 imo.

The most worrying thing for Spain is that Xavi is playing bad, I don't know if it is confidence, bad form... He needs to come back to be the Xavi he was all season in Barça.
he is tired, probably cant even carry the weight of his balls.

God, every fucking single day the same fucking discussion of Messi-Ronaldo or Madrid-Barça, just shut the fuck up guys.

Happy that Spain won, but I think Portugal is a fantastic team, they started the Euro in the group of death and they were 'robbed' a final in the PK.

Ramos was MotM, deserved, he has been impressive so far in this Euro.

IMO Xavi was somehow a bit mediocre already in the last part of the season with Barça.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This match showed that Spain plays better with fast wing players, we really need Pedro, Llorente and Navas to play together some.

Not the most exciting game, but happy we got the job done. Bring on Germany ;)

Also, now that Spain is finally a national team powerhouse its hilarious how many haters show up. Back when we didnt win anything nobody seemed to care.

Ikael

Portugal played extremely well during the first half, and more teams should take note: if you want to disrupt the hated tiki - taka, better put some preassure on Spain like Portugal has done rather than turtling up. That being said, if we Spaniards play like on the first half against Germany, we will get steamrolled. However, if we play like on the Extended Time since the first minute, well, this could be an Eurocup final for the ages.

Either case, good Match Portugal, you went down with honor (unlike a certain team captain).

Glad to hear from some senbsible portugal supporters.

Cheers on you.

From my point if view, Portugal played better and nullified our game.

Fair. I think we played better but that came from outsmarting Spain's usual game, not exactly the amount of chances and domination we had. Spain goes through and deserves it for being superior on the PKs. And no one can argue against that. They were better there, which was ultimately when it mattered.

And for those that didn't agree with me, it really was 50-50 for a good part of the game, except for the ET where we were tired ;) We didn't cower, and it showed. Take a note France.

Kinyou

Someone should just throw an egg at Materazzis house, that's all I'm asking for :p

Pleease, it wasn't half as bad..
We won the WC in Italy too, you're blowing it out of proportion.
But Germany didn't eliminate Italy in Italy. They didn't even play each other that world cup. You are referring to 1990 right? I had to wiki it just now. We are talking about revenge. I'm just saying it wouldn't be equal if Germany beat Italy tomorrow to make up for what Italy did to Germany in 2006. That guy brought up revenge so I was just trying to understand what he meant by Germany or France getting revenge tomorrow.

oh cmon. im german and i followed zidanes carreer as a fan since 1996. dont argue with me about that. btw, we will beat you tomorrow, so its kinda my personal revenge ;)

(if we wont beat you, ill root for you in the finals:p).
ahh okay you are german! Makes a bit more sense. I though because you were all in love with Zidane that you were French. :D

Well I like Germany. I don't mind Spain all that much either. If Italy lose I won't care either way who wins. I guess I'd root for Germany just to bring Spain back down to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom