• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously this can't happen now - but how would a group be decided if all the games in it ended as 0 - 0 draws?

From the rank list. So Germany and Netherland would go through.

Joke post?

Obviously.

What he say?

Danish fans were chanting "MESSI MESSI" after him all match, then Ronaldo came out and said this afterwards :

"You know where he was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said after the match. "I think that's worse, no?"

lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
Have you recently started to watch and follow the Italian national football team?

No...I'm Italian...and he made himself representative.

Secondly he should stop these war of words with the press...

A few weeks ago he was complaining about the press hounding players who place bets and are caught up in match-fixing...if your a card carrying member and you place bets you should be under the microscope.

Buffon is not interested in knowing the truth, he attacks the newspapers because they write big headlines to do with his sport, which are hardly objective of course, but include some truth anyway with regards to betting scandal etc. He doesn't moan when they write "Buffon is the best goalie in the universe", why does he moan when they write about odd movement of money regarding him? Because if one looks closely when you move that type of money he has it looks shifty to say the least.

Buffon thinks of himself as a politician...and if he wants to get into politics he should wait till he quits the game...for now he needs to shut the fuck up as he is not paid to speak.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon is right though. Unless you disagree with him?

This whole biscotto thing is fucking embarrassing/offensive.

He has a point though. Ronaldo gets shit for playing bad in the national team, whereas Messi gets a free pass for playing like crap at a tournament. With him it's the trainer's fault, or the tactic, the system, the other players.

Ronaldo randomly attacks Messi there though, without Messi saying anything. Hilarious he lets chants like that get to him, no one actually seriously comparing them on their national teams or anything, was just some random chants from fans.

Raist

Banned
He has a point though. Ronaldo gets shit for playing bad in the national team, whereas Messi gets a free pass for playing like crap at a tournament. With him it's the trainer's fault, or the tactic, the system, the other players.

I think the shit he's getting has a lot to do with his behaviour, not just him playign bad.

Overdoziz

Banned
Maybe Ronaldo wouldn't get as much shit if he didn't have such an enormous ego. Just a wild guess.

Well, he's been mocked by fans (and media) with Messi comparisons throughout the tournament, so I can kinda understand why he would lose his cool at some point. I still don't like him though, he always comes off kinda like an egocentric ass. I just fear that all the hatred and dislike has reached an unwarranted level at this point.

and now he's only going to make it much worse when he's dumb enough to respond like that. Expect dutch fans to do the exact same today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnzvW4U4YaI

Battle of Nuremberg ,........ the cards

Let this happen again.

fuenf

I'm talking about the possible Greece-Germany game.

I know, i was just bewildered by the notion that a Greek team –that didnt convert its last three penalties – could take out a GERMAN team in penalty shootout ;) I know that Greece has its chances but i wouldnt bet on them in a penalty shootout...

Wilbur

Banned
I know, i was just bewildered by the notion that a Greek team –that didnt convert its last three penalties – could take out a GERMAN team in penalty shootout ;) I know that Greece has its chances but i wouldnt bet on them in a penalty shootout...

Oh yeah those Germans with their Bayern players and whatnot, they're a shoe in to win!

Rad-

Ronaldo randomly attacks Messi there though, without Messi saying anything. Hilarious he lets chants like that get to him, no one actually seriously comparing them on their national teams or anything, was just some random chants from fans.

Hardly random, they were obviously trolling him with the Messi chants. Still very pointless of Ronaldo to say that though.

Hardly random, they were obviously trolling him with the Messi chants. Still very pointless of Ronaldo to say that though.

Yeah didn't mean randomly. But pointlessly then, it's not like Messi has anything to do with this personally. So Ronaldo comes off looking like an even bigger twat, resulting in more people hating and taunting him.

Blablurn

image-364791-galleryV9-auid.jpg

F#A#Oo

Banned
Again : Wasn't it at the press conference? In that case saying he made himself a representative is stupid, the Italian FA did.

He's vice chairman to the players union under the president Tommasi...not a paid role nor a role where one is voted in.

He use to be the president but then re-election happened and Tommasi won (duh)...but during his reign he used his position as training for politics...lol making big statements and saying things he knew he could never do or fufill ala politician...his No.1 target being the media and he would do and say thing to antagonize the media at any opportunity.

Buffon is right though. Unless you disagree with him?

This whole biscotto thing is fucking embarrassing/offensive.

I don't disagree with him...but the nature of the media is to hype things up and write big headlines...sensationalist headlines = more copies+more talk+more advertising.

Buffon wants the media to write only positive things with regards to football and to ignore the negative stuff...he doesn't get it goes both ways. He wants it one way.

Bento

Son of a bitch... Fuck him if he doesn't play.
He will play, he actually confirmed that he's going to keep on playing for the national team which I did not expect.
På en punkt var anfallaren extra tydlig. Hans framtid i landslaget är inte på något sett ett frågetecken.
– Jag fortsätter absolut. Jag har två år kvar i Milan. Allt känns bra. Inget känns tvärtom bara för att vi inte lyckades här. Jag är fortfarande motiverad, vill mycket och ska göra mycket mer. Jag fortsätter köra på. Det här betyder ingenting. Vi kör på. Jag blir bara ännu mer motiverad. Det ger mig den effekten.
I assume Wes quote is not about our upcoming match but about the European Championship as a whole perhaps? Can't find it in the Swedish press :p

He will play, he actually confirmed that he's going to keep on playing for the national team which I did not expect.

I assume Wes quote is not about our upcoming match but about the European Championship as a whole perhaps? Can't find it in the Swedish press :p
Of course he is. The part about not caring who's winning refers to the winners of the whole Euro tournament. The quote is taken out of context.
Cool. Put money on Sweden, so I got a bit worried there.

Kabouter

http://u.goal.com/103600/103615hp2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.footballticketsbarcelona.com/fc-barcelona-news/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/1303935366_0-300x272.jpg[IMG]

Let´s hope there isn´t any of this today.[/QUOTE]

I'm more worried about more of this:
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/large_403221xhzfi.jpg
274068845_b63463aaccboaup.jpg

methodman

Banned
Probably to avoid any advantages the later game would get (knowing if they specifically need a draw/win, and by what goal difference)

Oh yeah, my bad. Definitely makes sense. Just sucks that I only get one game on my TV (through ESPN). Guess I'll just stream the other one. <3 Internet Streams.

Arjen

Not trying to be a dick here, but for everyone suprised that the matches are at the same time. Is this the first euro you're following? It's been this way for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom