• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kem0sabe

Dunno why but Portugal - Holland games always degenerate into battlefields.

Guess we could blame Dutch pirates for raping Ronaldo´s long lost cousins in Madeira... that one holds a grudge :)

CassSept

Aaaand here we are. Sigh, so sad. Deservingly though, we played a horrid horrid second half so it is understandable that Czechs won easily.

soepje

Dunno why but Portugal - Holland games always degenerate into battlefields.

Guess we could blame Dutch pirates for raping Ronaldo´s long lost cousins in Madeira... that one holds a grudge :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E-XVX_5-iI

4 red cards and 17 yellows .. those where the days. We have something to live up to tonight.

^^ Wiki.. lol, 10 minutes of actual play. Ticket money well spent. Thanks F#A#Oo and Kem0sabe for clearing that up.

CassSept

still blows my mind that poland couldn't go through with that squad in their own turf.
manager's fault?

Hell knows. We had terrible problems with endurance. Every match was the same. About 20-30 minute burst and then absolute opposite. We dominated the first half with Greece and Czech and second with Russia. But on half is not enuogh.

spidye

Hell knows. We had terrible problems with endurance. Every match was the same. About 20-30 minute burst and then absolute opposite. We dominated the first half with Greece and Czech and second with Russia. But on half is not enuogh.

a real shame aboout poland.
I liked them.

modulaire

the odds for Germany winning are going down.

From 1.75 yesterday to 1.55 today. I guess more and more people are betting on Germany.

Konosuke

Ready to drink :)
iB2mCMmS0r1Re.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I assume Wes quote is not about our upcoming match but about the European Championship as a whole perhaps? Can't find it in the Swedish press :p

You had to ruin it didn't you?

I don't disagree with him...but the nature of the media is to hype things up and write big headlines...sensationalist headlines = more copies+more talk+more advertising.

Buffon wants the media to write only positive things with regards to football and to ignore the negative stuff...he doesn't get it goes both ways. He wants it one way.

I understand, I just don't get why you're upset if you agree with him. Someone had to say it while the media was busy with Del Biscotto puns and biscuit photoshops.

In the end, he wasn't speaking on behalf of anyone (even though he can), it was just his opinion.

F#A#Oo

Banned
You had to ruin it didn't you?

I understand, I just don't get why you're upset if you agree with him. Someone had to say it while the media was busy with Del Biscotto puns and biscuit photoshops.

In the end, he wasn't speaking on behalf of anyone (even though he can), it was just his opinion.

I'm not upset...I just feel Buffon needs to shut up from time to time. Just because I agree with him doesn't mean I'm ok with him speaking...

He should put his energy into getting Prandelli to stop playing Giaccherini on the left...Balzaretti should be there. :(

Rulza

Neo Member
He will play, he actually confirmed that he's going to keep on playing for the national team which I did not expect.

I assume Wes quote is not about our upcoming match but about the European Championship as a whole perhaps? Can't find it in the Swedish press :p

Fuck, that's bad news.

Bento

Fuck, that's bad news.
Meh, I think he has been decent this championship. He's never going to reach his potential in the national squad but I'd argue that without him we would have been a weaker team (however I'd gladly see some other attacker step up their game and take his spot).

Yager

Banned
Meh, I think he has been decent this championship. He's never going to reach his potential in the national squad but I'd argue that without him we would have been a weaker team (however I'd gladly see some other attacker step up their game and take his spot).

What are you doing here? You should be preparing tonight's match!

shiroryu

From the Guardian liveblog

Andrei Arshavin has reportedly said this to Russian fans at the airport: "It's not our problem we didn't meet your expectations. It's your problem."

F#A#Oo

Banned
From the Guardian liveblog

Andrei Arshavin has reportedly said this to Russian fans at the airport: "It's not our problem we didn't meet your expectations. It's your problem."

Haha legend...

I still remember when a fan asked him advice on her dad not allowing her to see football matches his responce was "Listen to your dad"...

Booya

Neo Member
Oh well, polska :(
We have a giant "Volksfest" (i googled it, its the correct term :p) currenty in my town with food-stands from all over the world. Went to get me some Pierogi and Bigos after the match. It was raining hard and you could just feel the sadness all over the polish folks. :(

As for today, id love to see a 1:1 between schland and danmark (i recently heared that living where i am i can proclame myself into a dane any time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom