• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Greece would roll Portugal.

Amazing passion shown over that dodgy yellow card when it should of been a penalty. Nice to see real men playing football for a change.

Greece would roll Portugal.

Amazing passion shown over that dodgy yellow card when it should of been a penalty. Nice to see real men playing football for a change.

After that player getting carried out looking like he was about to die and then instantly jumping up again, as soon as he got off the pitch, it's hard to call them "real mean". :p

MMaRsu

Haha I don't have much faith..the only way we can win this if we really change up our formation. And the guys need to give 110%, I haven't even seen them giving it 90%.

Denmark - Germany 1-3

I wanna hold off on my Netherlands - Portugal prediction until I know more about who's playing.

Wessiej

If we don't play with a whole other team I want the KNVB to fire Van Marwijk on the spot. Just there. Let Aad de Mos take over, yeah.

Arnie

I'm going: Denmark 1 - 1 Germany
Holland 2 - 1 Portugal

This way our man in the stadium Bjaelke gets to see his Denmark go through.

If we don't play with a whole other team I want the KNVB to fire Van Marwijk on the spot. Just there. Let Aad de Mos take over, yeah.
Yeah I have to agree. The Dutch commentators were saying how Narsingh and Luuk De Jong should maybe get a chance, I don't know if I agree completely, but yeah. Willems was disastrous in the last game, he should be replaced. It's just too early for him. With Portugal's speed he would be an even bigger disaster.

fuenf

It is not just UEFA. The premiere league only pays referees around £1500 a match. Assistants get less than half of that.

Thats roughly the amount a german ref gets for a second division game (2000€). In the Bundesliga they get 4500€ per game.

Wessiej

Yeah I have to agree. The Dutch commentators were saying how Narsingh and Luuk De Jong should maybe get a chance, I don't know if I agree completely, but yeah. Willems was disastrous in the last game, he should be replaced. It's just too early for him. With Portugal's speed he would be an even bigger disaster.

Not scared of Nani though, last season we had Ajax-United, and all our LB where injures, so Koppers played. Guy was 17, never played. Nani couldn't do anything. So yeah, not afraid of him, one bit.

Not scared of Nani though, last season we had Ajax-United, and all our LB where injures, so Koppers played. Guy was 17, never played. Nani couldn't do anything. So yeah, not afraid of him, one bit.

Nani is one of the best in the world on his day. Always be afraid of him

Pedro Proença received 5000€ for the Champions League final according to a local Portuguese news outlet.

Yup. Think it's 5000 for all the CL matches no matter finale or group stage or whatever, cause a danish ref said that amount too for group stage match too once. In the danish league they only get around 1000 per game. So them not getting fantastic money and not having a very long ref career on the biggest stage, they obviously want something to fall back on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Buffon blasts Italy 'loser talk'

buffon-conf-annoyed-490ai_3.jpg

“For two days people have exclusively been talking about a biscotto. A biscotto here, a biscotto there, a biscotto up, a biscotto down... it’s as if we’d already beaten Ireland,

“As if others didn’t have the sacrosanct right to feel offended by such insinuations,

“As if the others didn’t have the privilege to think Giovanni Trapattoni could consider doing us a favour (which he absolutely won’t),

“As if we owned the culture of suspicion and were the only ones who could use it,

“As if drawing a match is the same as getting a 2-2 result,

“As if settling for a result (that satisfies both teams) in the last 20 minutes is the same as fixing a game,

“As if the others were always the guilty parties,

“As if the responsibility was never on our shoulders,

“As if finding themselves in a favourable situation was never down to hard work, but simply good fortune,

“As if admitting our opponents were better is an unacceptable blow to our ego,

“As if in order to hide our insecurity and fragility we always need an alibi,

“As if knowing there are two homosexuals in the squad was the only thing the entire nation was interested in,

“As if at the end of these days in which we chased scapegoats we discovered they are better than us elsewhere...

“As if these thoughts were of any use to anyone...

“Let us focus on ourselves and try to win the match. The rest is hot air, bar talk, the conjecture of mediocrity and thinking like losers...”

Kem0sabe

Yup. Think it's 5000 for all the CL matches no matter finale or group stage or whatever, cause a danish ref said that amount too for group stage match too once. In the danish league they only get around 1000 per game. So them not getting fantastic money and not having a very long ref career on the biggest stage, they obviously want something to fall back on.

To be honest, with some of the refereeing i see in Spain, Italy, England and Portugal, i would refuse to pay them even that much.

WJD

Nani was in a very bad run of form and it was his first game back from injury against Ajax.

He's looked much sharper this tournament too, so that's a bit of a silly statement.

Visceir

Holland will probably start strong and if they manage to score on the first 10 minutes they will ride that wave all to the end, scoring more goals and winning the game. If they won't score early on they will most likely never get their game going and lose the game.

Linius

Since he scored the last game I guess he will. Though there was some discussion about him in Portugal from what I understand.

Yager

Banned
Buffon blasts Italy 'loser talk'

Totally boss. Can't do anything else than agree with him.

F#A#Oo said:
What did he say about messi?

After last match, a portuguese reporter asked him about the shouts of 'Messi! Messi!' that were heard at the stadium. He answeerd 'do you know where was Messi a year ago? Being kicked off the Copa America in his own country. I think that's worse'

Rad-

Just realized Italy actually has a decent chance of not getting through. They can win the next game and still fail to advance. Would be pretty shocking considering they are one of the best teams in the tournament.

Has that happened often? I don't really remember many teams doing that. I mean a team that has actually looked like strong winner candidate (I don't mean just hype wise but the way they have played) but still failed to qualify from the group stages.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is Postiga starting?

Predicted Portugal XI: Patricio, Pereira, Pepe, Alves, Coentrao, Veloso, Meireles, Moutinho, Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo

Predicted Germany XI: Neuer, Bender, Hummels, Badstuber, Lahm, Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Müller, Özil, Podolski, Gomez

Predicted Denmark XI: Andersen, Jacobsen, Kjær, Agger, Poulsen, Kvist, Zimling, Mikkelsen, Eriksen, Krohn-Dehli, Bendtner

Predicted Holland XI: Stekelenburg, van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Willems, de Jong, VDV, Robben, van Persie, Sneijder, Huntelaar

Funky Papa said:
One of the few Italian players I actually tolerate.

What's wrong with Marchisio and Pirlo
i2HoQGJ7AdNLT.gif

Jay Sosa

Not scared of Nani though

The only people that should be scared of Nani are United and Portugal fans.

I doubt it. He has always underwhelmed for Portugal. Making him the captain probably just made that even worse, what a shit decision that was.

Yep, it's obviously a mental issue. Putting him under even more pressure might not be the best way to deal with it.

Raist

Banned
So I must be missing something, but how the hell is Greece going through when then have as many points as Russia and a worse goal average. Is it because it was between Russia and them and their win over Russia matters more than GA?

Wessiej

So I must be missing something, but how the hell is Greece going through when then have as many points as Russia and a worse goal average. Is it because it was between Russia and them and their win over Russia matters more than GA?

They settled it in a riot out of the stadium. People from Greece know how to riot.

Jay Sosa

coin toss

Buffon needs to shut the fuck up...

No one made him representative...of the players and national team...

He's our captain, and was chosen by our NT manager. He's one of the few players that should be allowed to speak with the press, not Cassano, Balotelli and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom