• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

soepje

Kind of off-topic, but I never knew so many referees on such a level as the EURO 2012 had a 'side-job'. I´m quite surprised.

Howard Webb: Professional referee (used to be a police officer)
Carlos Velasco Carballo: Professional referee
Stéphane Lannoy: Video games distributor
Wolfgang Stark: Bank assistant
Viktor Kassai: Printing sales
Nicola Rizzoli: professional referee
Björn Kuipers: entrepreneur
Pedro Proença: Financial adviser
Craig Thomson: Lawyer
Damir Skomina: Tour operator and real estate agent
Jonas Eriksson: Full-time referee, salesman, multi-millionaire
Cüneyt Çakır: insurance agent

Neo C.

Kind of off-topic, but I never knew so many referees on such a level as the EURO 2012 had a 'side-job'. I´m quite surprised.

Howard Webb: Professional referee (used to be a police officer)
Carlos Velasco Carballo: Professional referee
Stéphane Lannoy: Video games distributor
Wolfgang Stark: Bank assistant
Viktor Kassai: Printing sales
Nicola Rizzoli: professional referee
Björn Kuipers: entrepreneur
Pedro Proença: Financial adviser
Craig Thomson: Lawyer
Damir Skomina: Tour operator and real estate agent
Jonas Eriksson: Full-time referee, salesman, multi-millionaire
Cüneyt Çakır: insurance agent
It has been known for years that UEFA, FIFA and many of the national organisations haven't done enough to professionalize the referees.

fuenf

Netherlands
-
Portugal
Denmark
-
Germany

Believe.

still amazing turn of events for you guys, survive the group stage (50-50 imo) and you can book your semis place. guess that means 2 more years of Bert & Bommel!

What do they get for an average group stage match?

Someone posted some pretty great wages the other day, the national leagues around aren't that bad either. The problem is that they have to retire early (mid 40's) and obviously need something to fall back on, so keeping up with the job market is probably not a bad idea at all.

Yager

Banned
I'm sorry for the portugese Gaffers, but I really hope that Potugal goes home today. Why? Because of what CR said about Messi the other day. He deserves to eat his own words.

I posted this in the football thread, but I think it'll probably be suitable for this one as well. Is it frowned upon to make the same post in two threads?

Post I made on another forum about where I'd like to see the England team go:

What about
-----------------Hart
Johnson-Terry-Lescott-Cole
--------------Parker
--------Gerrard---Milner
-------------Rooney
--------Welbeck---Carroll

I really like that, although Milner will be just as shite there as he is on the wing, and in a more dangerous position in which to have a player playing poorly. If we could replace him with a player similar to a left-footed Gerrard (not completely similar, a central player who often drifts to the wings and delivers a wicked cross,) it'd be a very good team as everyone would contribute to the style of play. Roy would never do it though. If we ever used that formation, I'd honestly rather have Baines there than Cole, purely for his much superior delivery and ability to get into dangerous crossing positions. Would make great use of either Johnson, Walker or Richards as well, as attacking full-backs would be vital to the system.

Only problem is the lack of the left sided midfielder (could Wilshere fill that role?) and general lack of depth when it comes to players able to play that sort of system.

GK: Hart, a myriad of mediocre keepers

CB: Cahill, Lescott, Terry, Jagielka, Jones, Smalling, Kelly (in the future)
RB: Johnson, Walker, Richards
LB: Cole, Baines. Hopefully Robinson in 3 or so years time

DM: Parker. That's about it, which is really worrying
RCM: Gerrard, Lampard(?,) Henderson, Milner, Carrick(?)
LCM: Wilshere, Powell soon (is he left-footed?,) the RCMs if needs be

AMF: Rooney, Young, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gerrard, Milner (if needed)

CF: Welbeck, Carroll, Rooney. Sturridge, Holt, Crouch, Walcott(?)

Players who'll be unavailable soon: Gerrard, Lampard, Terry (either way)

How I'd see that formation in 2 years time:

433140_England.jpg

That is a huge question mark though in the middle, and Parker's lack of back-up would kill us if he were to be unavailable. Johnson or Walker are interchangable, and both suit the formation more than Richards imo. Take your pick between Smalling and Jones. Carroll's place is up to him. If he carries on as he has in the last few months, he'd be there if it was up to me, but I wouldn't be incredulous if Sturridge was used in his place.

Thoughts?

(Original formation suggested by arcticus on everybody's favourite fan-forum)

Arjen

My predictions

Germany - Denmark 0-1
Netherlands - Portugal 1-2

My predictions have al been shit, hope it goed the same for this one, i just want to see a good Dutch squad tonight, i don't even care if we make it trough, just one awesome match to be proud of please.

Xater

Everyone expecting Germany to loos sound like crazy people. I can only see the Portugal/Netherlands match go either way.

Wilbur

Banned
Germany would go through then. Portugal needs Denmark to draw or lose.

Depends on the scores. For instance if Denmark beat Germany 2-0 and Portugal win 2-0 then head to head Denmark will have scored 4, let in 3, Portugal will have scored 5 let in 3 and Germany will have scored 1, let in 2.

I think I'm right...

Kem0sabe

Would be a huge injustice is Germany went out of the tournament today, same for Portugal.

Germany has practiced some of the best football in the tournament. They were soemwhat lucky agaisnt Portugal but then completely demolished the Dutch.

Portugal didn´t deserve to loose against the Germans and had a good overall performance, then they had a spirited win against the Danes.

The Netherlands on the other hand, has 0 points and has done very little to deserve more than that, especially after their performance against the Germans.

Well, the Danes have been scoring point´s, most undeservedly, against Portugal, for a few years now. They always get lucky with their shots... let´s hope this isn´t one of these occasions.

fuenf

Would be a huge injustice is Germany went out of the tournament today, same for Portugal.

Germany has practiced some of the best football in the tournament. They were soemwhat lucky agaisnt Portugal but then completely demolished the Dutch.

Portugal didn´t deserve to loose against the Germans and had a good overall performance, then they had a spirited win against the Danes.

The Netherlands on the other hand, has 0 points and has done very little to deserve more than that, especially after their performance against the Germans.

Well, the Danes have been scoring point´s, most undeservedly, against Portugal, for a few years now. They always get lucky with their shots... let´s hope this isn´t one of these occasions.

I see where you are coming from but if the Danes beat Germany they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom