• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Özil was great after a disappointing start.

He played terribly in the group stages. Played well against Greece. Middling against Italy.

Gomez is not the striker for this German team, that much is pretty clear.

Schweinsteiger was horrible in every match. Should have been dropped way sooner.

He played fine against Holland. When no one was willing to kick him.

He's been poor ever since he returned from injury in March. Shame. He was having the season of his life before Gokhan Inler broke his collar bone.

from the bench

ff8lm.jpg

we'll see next sunday, but I have the feeling Torres will be the starting striker.

Nah, definitely an upset, I agree. Italy totally deserved it, it just wasn't expected. The Germans were the favorites and they looked good heading into the game. Italy totally took them apart.

I disagree. It´s not an upset since Italy is as powerful as Germany. The game would have always ended with either team winning.

spidye

Schweinsteiger was horrible in every match. Should have been dropped way sooner.

nope. he looked bad in this game too.
he had one good game. guess the opponent.

How could he bring Gomez and Poldi when they scored 4 goals without them?

you mean against greece. yeah. should have played with klose and reus instead. that was germany's reaon to conceade two goals.

I'm still pissed we got 4 mins of ET and a penalty. And the missed chances. Should have been 5-0 final. The history books will show the final score and people will think this was a close game; it wasn't close. Italy dominated

But I knew that penalty was coming. Somehow I just knew. Fuck this ref.

I know it's 30 seconds per sub but how many subs did we get?

bjaelke

I'm still pissed we got 4 mins of ET and a penalty. And the missed chances. Should have been 5-0 final. The history books will show the final score and people will think this was a close game; it wasn't close. Italy dominated

You're forgetting Mario's cramp?

FootballFan

Confused as to why Schweinsteiger didn't hoof the ball into the box with that last free kick...

Anyways, was a pretty good game and Italy definitely deserved it. So congrats to them. Bad defending from Hummels on Cassano for the first goal. 2nd goal was just great stuff from Balo.

Also, something that has been bugging me last couple of matches. The jeering/whistling when teams complete 3 passes at the back.. Seriously, do those people in the stadium really want these teams to play like Stoke and just keep hoofing it ? :S

Wes

venison crêpe
I've figured out how to win a major competition:

A) Have the most talented team in a generation.

or

B) Have your top domestic league embroiled in corruption scandal a month before the tournament.

jtb

Banned
Torres should start, I think. VDB values loyalty and it'd be a nice shot at redemption with the Euro 08 goal and all that. At the very least, the Negredo experiment will be considered a failure (and Llorente won't get a shot anyways, so who cares about him). Plus, they drew in the opening game, VDB might be looking for that extra edge with an actual number 9.

I think that's the reason Buffon was so pissed off at the end, he wanted to end it goalless.

It's our biggest problem right now, we can't convert the chances. Same with England.

Nolan.

It's Löw's fault. The strongest german team ever, but some guys shouldn't be starter.

I don't think it would have mattered personally, what Italy had going for them is that they had to fight their way out of their group and adapt, they've proven that they've done it better than other teams imo. I think that Germany just got too comfortable/cocky with the games they've had coming into this, many things from the Italians were obvious but they refused to address them and got punished. I think that even though this might not be the best Italian side, they have the tools to dismantle their opponents and counter, they've gotten progressively better at it through the tournament.

zou

Such a disappointing showing. In 2006 at least it seemed like a pretty close game with a unfortunate ending. But this time Italy was clearly the superior team. :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Buffon really wanted his clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom