• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

santi_yo

7pzvg.jpg

oh god, he's awesome
KuGsj.gif

TheDanger

Banned
It's extraordinary how often they show hot girls on TV during the matches, yesterday the commentator said "This is attractive football" while they were showing another hot football chick.

Noirulus

Hey guys, couldn't watch the Portugal-Netherlands game live with GAF :( I was at a friends' for the game because my internet was breaking down every 5-10 minutes.

I was thoroughly happy with the way Portugal played today. Strong mid-field and good defense, imaginative passing, and a lot of mental strength and grit. We really wore down the dutch. There was some diving that I was disappointed with though, and I really hope they can remove that for the remaining of the tournament.

Ronaldo had an amazing game today. So happy for his brace and he almost had a third! Him and Nani provided some great passes.

I still remember when most people were counting us out for this tournament, they thought it'd be a tough group but Netherlands and Germany are surefire candidates for the top 2 spots. I kept faith in the team because we've historically over-performed in the last decade when it comes to major tournaments. My faith was rewarded!

Is it just or are people watching different games than me? I really think this German team is way inferior to the one we've seen last world cup. I can't even get excited for the games anymore because they play sluggish and crude to be quite honest.
Özil is lacking the creativity he is known for, which is also the fault of the unflexible positioning of Gomez. Podolski seems to be a completley different player without Klose around him and Müller... well lets just say his main charm was the way he always darted into the striker position and created scoring opportunities.... but since Gomez doesn't move away of this position and isn't creating spaces by pulling the defensive line apart Müller's play is totally ineffective.

Germanys play looks static and as soon Bayern players get the ball any kind of momentum and speed gets killed (Tempoverschlepper No.1 Kroos... thank good he isn't playing much), valueing possession more than creating goal scoring opportunities.
I'm also not impressed by Badstubers performance. Good opening plays from the defense but lacking "true defensiv skills" e.g. marking, tackling, headers.

This Euro killed all the love I had for this team. :(

Noirulus

DerZuhälter;38978374 said:
Is it just or are people watching different games than me? I really think this German team is way inferior to the one we've seen last world cup. I can't even get excited for the games anymore because they play sluggish and crude to be quite honest.
Özil is lacking the creativity he is known for, which is also the fault of the unflexible positioning of Gomez. Podolski seems to be a completley different player without Klose around him and Müller... well lets just say his main charm was the way he always darted into the striker position and created scoring opportunities.... but since Gomez doesn't move away of this position and isn't creating spaces by pulling the defensive line apart Müller's play is totally ineffective.

Germanys play looks static and as soon Bayern players get the ball any kind of momentum and speed gets killed (Tempoverschlepper No.1 Kroos... thank good he isn't playing much), valueing possession more than creating goal scoring opportunities.
I'm also not impressed by Badstubers performance. Good opening plays from the defense but lacking "true defensiv skills" e.g. marking, tackling, headers.

I also thought that Germany has been playing a little lackadaisical. I haven't watched today's game but Ozil hasn't played much of a factor in the first 2 games. Definitely not the same as the 2010 team.

I also thought that Germany has been playing a little lackadaisical. I haven't watched today's game but Ozil hasn't played much of a factor in the first 2 games. Definitely not the same as the 2010 team.

Yes Germany has been playing lazy IMO
As soon as they get in front they start playing like the don't care about getting more goals .
They pass about the ball and don't bother to create more chances .
2010 WC team was better than this.

Hieberrr

DerZuhälter;38978374 said:

I pretty much agree. In 2010, the team played a much faster paced game than they do now. Players loved to run and play one-touch football, but now it's extremely slow paced and static. Players aren't making runs on the wings, counter-attacks are extremely slow, and chances are really rare. I miss the days when this team was really something to be feared on offence.

Seanspeed

Banned
Just a small request, can the OP please refrain from putting spoilers in the subject header.

For some of us the games are on at 5am so not possible to watch them live and then go to work. So watching the full games via dvr or torrents is the only to watch the full games.

Definitely. Especially with the quarter finals coming up. Or maybe move the thread to the Off-Topic Community or something so I can check on Off-Topic without having any games spoiled for me.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, can't lie. I expected the unexpected. First 20 mins was so good. Can't hate on portos tho, Ronaldo played great

Seanspeed

Banned
Real Football GAF is in there.
Sure, but its a big tourney worth its own thread. Either stop the spoilers in the thread titles or move it to the OT Community section where somebody trying to follow, but cant watch games live, can easier avoid spoilers.

Or you just watch it live and stay off the internet. It's the information age. It isn't up to the info to avoid you.

Pretty much. If the match results are that important surely you can watch that the first thing in the morning, watch them live or maybe even just stop reading the thread title when you read Euro 2012...

Seanspeed

Banned
Or you just watch it live and stay off the internet. It's the information age. It isn't up to the info to avoid you.

Really? C'mon. There's a big effort in most threads about whatever subject to avoid spoiling things for people. I dont see why this one should be the exception.

Watching these races live isn't always an option for some of us.

I'd like to be able to follow the tournament and still be able to use the internet. I dont think thats asking a whole lot. The solution is pretty simple, dont you think? Is it really too much to ask to not have spoilers in the thread title? :/

jtb

Banned
How can a result/current event possibly be construed as a spoiler?! Spoiler: Osama's dead. These things are meant to be experienced in the moment - if you can't handle that, then it's your own responsibility to get off GAF imo.

Big-E

How can a result/current event possibly be construed as a spoiler?! Spoiler: Osama's dead. These things are meant to be experienced in the moment - if you can't handle that, then it's your own responsibility to get off GAF imo.

Ya, you cant complain about sports spoilers if you are on the internet. You want to save it then you need to go on blackout. Turn off the car radio, turn off the TV, do nothing.

sneaky77

I agree.. that's why I avoid this place if I tape a match to watch later.

I saw the post is about the changing thread titles... I agree about that, I am ok with the thread title not being a spoiler..

Also to the the threads title's credit, if you are careful enough and can control your reading urge, it's not so hard to be spoiled.... For example if you carefully read thread titles in the OT from left to right, you could start with "Euro 2012 |OT2| of..." and stop right there, don't look or read any further, and you can avoid spoilers.

Maybe we can also suggest to Kabouter to actually use "..." after "of" as in literally
"Euro 2012 |OT2| of...Ronaldo...etc." Just a suggested to those who are complaining about being spoiled, at least the extra "..." gives them time and space to stop reading?

I watched the first half of England - Sweden, then had to go out, when I came back I lurked the Gaming section only, downloaded the second half, and watched it, and it was well worth it.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm a big racing fan and I do actively avoid major racing sites and forums because I do watch things later. But this is a video game forum and the OT has a huge variety of subjects that are covered, so I dont feel I should have to avoid GAF altogether just because people aren't thoughtful enough to hide spoilers within the thread instead of just posting it outright for everyone to see whether they wanted to or not.

I dont know. Like I said, I dont feel its asking a lot. Its not pertinent to have some witty line in the topic title that gives away results. It sucks that I'm basically gonna have to resort to avoiding GAF completely until the tournament is over just because this small little compromise cant be made.

Personally, I dont feel like news about Osama being dead is anywhere near the same thing. Its more like a movie/TV show/book. You dont want to know what happens at the end before you even get a chance to start. It ruins all the suspense and fun of watching.

sneaky77

Also to the the threads title's credit, if you are careful enough and can control your reading urge, it's not so hard to be spoiled.... For example if you carefully read thread titles in the OT from left to right, you could start with "Euro 2012 |OT2| of..." and stop right there, don't look or read any further, and you can avoid spoilers.

Maybe we can also suggest to Kabouter to actually use "..." after "of" as in literally
"Euro 2012 |OT2| of...Ronaldo...etc." Just a suggested to those who are complaining about being spoiled, at least the extra "..." gives them time and space to stop reading?

the issue with me is checking my subscribed threads... I know the score is going to be in the thread.. but I can avoid clicking in it.. either way I been avoiding clicking my subscribed threads alltogether for that reason during the week anyway.. so no big deal really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom