• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

2San

edit: What's with the sudden animosity against us?

Anyway, we are done, i´m not sure who to support now, part of me wants to go for Germany, but at the same time that goes against my natural instinct.
I thought it was pretty easy, to support Germany especially after watching them at the WC, while watching our boring gameplay(we still won, so that made it bareble).

Though I heard Müller doing a dick move. Van Nistelrooy was pretty pissed about him.

Clegg

Germans, and people that call it soccer. Nice list.

Nice avatar too, who is that ?

I don't call it soccer and neither am I German.

Ronaldo is a great player. He doesn't always play well when the pressure is on but he's still the second best in the world.

Messi is just better.

Chuckie

Oh, also, to act like a few Dutch fans did when commenting on Greece:
"LOL fucking bunch of losers, couldn't even win one. Disgrace to football. Fuck the Netherlands, good riddance".

Fun times.

Lol... so your response to the acting of some Dutch fans you really hate... is acting the exact same way. Well congrats... you are a cunt just like them.

Kem0sabe

My question now is how Mourinho will take credit for this Portugal win... *hmmm*

162974hp2.jpg

Shoogoo

Is this thread always turning to shit after the two matches or is it just today?

Genuine question, I'm usually in my bed at this time of the night. (day off tomorrow :D)

CrunchyB

What just struck me is how van Marwijk chose Luuk de Jong over Ricky van Wolfswinkel :S

Luuk de Jong is a more promising player, by far. But I'm a card-carrying Luukinho fanboy ;)

But neither are as good as van Persie or Huntelaar. Van Marwijk dropped the ball on capitalizing on their winning streaks. He also should have used AC Milan's Emanuelson instead of Willems. We might have survived the group stage with those changes, but there is no way in hell we would have beaten a team like Spain with our current team.

Maxrunner

Yes. Yes, it is. Ronaldo is lucky to be playing in the same generation Messi is playing. It ups his game. He needs though to stop obsessing on Messi and start to focus on his own performance and what he needs to bring to the team. No more, no less. He needs to start thinking of why people scream Messi name when he plays on totally unrelated games and stop commenting on Messi completely.

i still think the Manchester United Ronaldo is the best Ronaldo...

Chuckie

salty.jpg

This does not make sense at all. How is the fact I think someone acts as a cunt JUST like some Dutch fans 'salty'?

Admit it... you saw some orange in my avatar and thought... I am gonna post some funny pic about saltiness without actually reading his post!

IceCold

Portuguese opinion of Ronaldo after the Denmark game: Fuck him. I hope he gets benched in the next game etc.

Portuguese opinion of Ronaldo after the Netherlands game: I love you Ronaldo!

lol.

To all the haters:

ctc8G.jpg

Netherlands has good players. This tournament wasn't good for them but I'm sure they'll bounce back for 2014.

RJT

What's up with the hate on this thread? We are witnessing the best Euro in ages, we should all be celebrating!

It was a brilliant group, and Holland and Denmark would surely go to the play-offs in some other groups. Holland really needs a better coach, because you guys have brilliant players (except the defense, obviously).

<3 from Portugal

Kem0sabe

Portuguese opinion of Ronaldo after the Denmark game: Fuck him. I hope he gets benched in the next game etc.

lol.

Still hate his guts, and any other player would have been benched for his antics. Still, he had a great game *shrug*

soepje

edit: What's with the sudden animosity against us?

I thought it was pretty easy, to support Germany especially after watching them at the WC, while watching our boring gameplay(we still won, so that made it bareble).

Though I heard Müller doing a dick move. Van Nistelrooy was pretty pissed about him.

I know, i know, but it´s.. difficult :p. Germany it is though, they´ve been playing very nice.

Also: Where are all those acclaimed posts of the arrogant dutchies? I really did not notice this/missed this? Would one of those posters bitching about it be so kind so summarize the highlights of these arrogant posts?

TeegsD

lol.

To all the haters:

ctc8G.jpg

Netherlands has good players. This tournament wasn't good for them but I'm sure they'll bounce back for 2014.

That's the bitter Portuguese fans who are mad that Ronaldo can't seem to bring his seasonal game to the national team. Those people also tend to not know much of football to begin with. Ronaldo got a big wake up call at the Denmark match and I think that we will be seeing a lot more brilliance from Ronaldo before Portugal exit/win this cup.

2San

It was a brilliant group, and Holland and Denmark would surely go to the play-offs in some other groups. Holland really needs a better coach, because you guys have brilliant players (except the defense, obviously).
The coach could've done better, but still our defensive line just wasn't there(including the DM's) and we had close to nothing to offer in replacements. We simply lacked the quality this time around and the tenacity wasn't there(though you could attribute that to lack of match fit players).

hertog

Didn't expect to lose to Denmark.
Expected it against Germany and Portugal.

Hopefully Germany wins the whole thing and Portugal gets destroyed in the next round.

CR7 BITCHES.

I love it when people talk Ronaldo/Messi, some funny shit. Someone said Messi is a better man and always will be, how do you even come to that conclusion :lol

Visceir

Didn't bother placing any bets on Italy winning tomorrow's game since the odds are so heavily against Ireland and I'm afraid of that very tiny chance of Italy fucking it all up. I did however place bets on Italy winning first and second halftime and the same for Spain.

End results:
Italy 3 - 1 Ireland
Spain 2 - 1 Croatia

Just a small request, can the OP please refrain from putting spoilers in the subject header.

For some of us the games are on at 5am so not possible to watch them live and then go to work. So watching the full games via dvr or torrents is the only to watch the full games.

Tabris

DEUTSCHLAND!!!

Thank god the "Ballack and Kahn era" is officially over (great players but they were cursed in international play) Now it's time to win!

Corto

Just a small request, can the OP please refrain from putting spoilers in the subject header.

For some of us the games are on at 5am so not possible to watch them live and then go to work. So watching the full games via dvr or torrents is the only to watch the full games.

I think only mods have the ability to edit thread titles. You need to ask a mod.

Wilbur

Banned
Germans, and people that call it soccer. Nice list.

Nice avatar too, who is that ?

Holy fucking shit hahaha the ignorance in this post is outstanding. Outstanding.

Thread's turned to shit. Everyone agrees Holland were fucking crap, yet we still keep talking like the Dutch aren't saying that.

If people want to think Ronaldo's better than Messi, fine. It isn't true but fuck being second isn't a bad thing. Curries are second to Chinese food, doesn't mean I don't want to fuck them both.

I'm a United fan. I love Ronaldo. I also think he's a cunt.

People on here are just hilarious

Munin

Just don't visit GAF for that time then, surely you can manage that?

Holy fucking shit hahaha the ignorance in this post is outstanding. Outstanding.

Thread's turned to shit. Everyone agrees Holland were fucking crap, yet we still keep talking like the Dutch aren't saying that.

If people want to think Ronaldo's better than Messi, fine. It isn't true but fuck being second isn't a bad thing. Curries are second to Chinese food, doesn't mean I don't want to fuck them both.

Lol

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom