• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

My predictions for today's matches are

Italy 4 - 0 Ireland
Croatia 1 - 3 Spain

Hopefully Italy will make a show of it. From what I understand they have to score at least three times to make a better chance of advancing trough the next round.

Divius

So long Oranje avatar, we hardly knew ya.

eKXbB.jpg

Vitet

I'm with you, brother. Croatia only needs a draw to go on, I'm sure they have it in themselves.

I post it for the new page:

Only in the 1-1 scenario. In case of draw, I think it works this way. Online calculators are not reliable:

Spain 0 - Croatia 0 / Italy wins -> 1. Italy 2. Spain. Croatia can't go through. Italy is first place because they have more goals in the tied matches than spain (1-1 / 1-1 VS 1-1 / 0-0)
Spain 1 - Croatia 1 / Italy wins by less than 3 goals -> 1. Spain 2. Croatia. Spain is first because they have better GD than Croatia
Spain 1 - Croatia 1 / Italy wins by 3 or more goals or 2 goals if the result exceeds 4-2 -> 1. Spain 2. Italy. Italy 1st place if they beat Spain GD
Spain 2 - Croatia 2 or higher / 1. Spain 2. Croatia. Italy can't go through. Spain is first because they have better GD than Croatia

Spain always qualifies with a draw because they will always have a higher GD than Croatia

Croatia doesn't always pass with a draw

Linius

So I was right about the three goals. It would be wise of Italy to just go for it. Better be safe. The odds of Croatia and Spain tying 2-2 or higher are very small imo.

Nyx

Worst EC ever.

Hope Van Marwijk quits or gets fired, and that the new coach goes back to oldschool 4-3-3 with real wingers.

Linius

Worst EC ever.

Hope Van Marwijk quits or gets fired, and that the new coach goes back to oldschool 4-3-3 with real wingers.
This.

Hopefully Narsingh will become a class A winger for the future. And we need some new defenders as well.

Bwahahahahaha, I just received a hilarious PM from Kenka:

Kenka said:
Phantast2k, you hate Bayern ?

I must warn you, even if it is so, please restrain. We are all on the same ship and would want to appreciate the space. If you are willing to be aggressive with other members please stop because if I have to choose between your presence among us and the joyful mood of Bundes-GAF, I wouldn't hesitate. I'll ask a mod to read through your post history and ban you in consequence.

I wouldn't cost me a leg to do so. I am afraid you are the one among us who stirs for controversy.

Now please, stop making hating comments on Bayern, it is tiring and unpleasant.

P85Jj.jpg

Linius

So, I went to the supermarket this morning to get some groceries. And in The Netherlands we get free Panini stickers for every ten euros of groceries at the Albert Heijn.

Found this guy inside, stupid troller

This.

Hopefully Narsingh will become a class A winger for the future. And we need some new defenders as well.

Van Rhijn, Douglas, Gouweleeuw... our defense will be solid in the future. I'm more concerned about our midfield and offence.

But I don't blame van Marwijk much.

Linius

Van Rhijn, Douglas, Gouweleeuw... our defense will be solid in the future. I'm more concerned about our midfield and offence.

But I don't blame van Marwijk much.
Maybe Anita gets his chance in the near future. He was of great value for Ajax' last year's title. And Adam Maher could become a great player.

Linius

Aren't Afelay and Robben real wingers? Didn't they play like that against Denmark?
Nope. Van Marwijk positioned Robben at the right wing (lefty) so we never got a decent cross. Both Afellay and Robben went inside the box instead of reaching the end line to give a cross.

(edit: ^ I just quoted his PM and bolded the threatening part)

I'm not sure but I think threatening to go to a mod is, er, frowned upon?

Hmm, not sure. I didn't want to get him banned, but rather make ppl. point & laugh at him :p
He's probably still young and at some point I'm sure he'll learn not to take the sport too seriously (hopefully right about now).

Acheteedo

Ugh, everything was so civil before that Netherlands Portugal game.

Hoping for a Croatia win, for England's sake (assuming we get out of the group).

fuenf

Oh shit, if only someone had told me earlier that Phantast2k is a Bayern hater. Cant believe it, i just thought he had a crush on Gomez and was just afraid to admit it. :(

RJT

I'll be supporting Italy. Love the food, love Rome, and Pirlo is one of my favorite players.

Forza Italia!!!!

Linius

Hope Croatia will get trough. No favourite between Spain and Italy. It's tough being an FCB supporter but also not liking Spain's national team since 2010 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom