• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, Arjen, you suck!
http://www.kicktipp.de/gamblerseurogaf/
dbh3F.png

I thought I kicked you in the balls real hard, but it turns out you kicked yourself, lol :(

So should we continue (not counting the extra questions, so: 37-8=29 vs. 20 Pts.) or do you want to bail out altogether? And I'd let you bail only because Holland failed so miserably :p

Kem0sabe

platini.jpg

I wonder which teams Platini has decided will go through today. He already made up his mind that the Final should be Spain - Germany... but how to get there with the minimum of fuss is the big question.

xbhaskarx

platini.jpg

I wonder which teams Platini has decided will go through today. He already made up his mind that the Final should be Spain - Germany... but how to get there with the minimum of fuss is the big question.

Are you serious? So the head of UEFA is behind a conspiracy theory that has the two best teams in Europe reaching the finals? Well of course there's no way crappy teams like Spain and Germany would ever reach the finals based on ability, so if it happens we will know you're right!

Divius

France and England to both win and advance today? I think so.

I wonder if Rooney will be able to put his mark on the match.

Kem0sabe

Are you serious? So the head of UEFA is behind a conspiracy theory that has the two best teams in Europe reaching the finals? Well of course there's no way crappy teams like Spain and Germany would ever reach the finals based on ability, so if it happens we will know you're right!

Spain didn´t deserve to in the last WC, they passed with an offside goal against Portugal.

Heck... how do you think the Bosnians feels right now? it´s not like:

2006 WC qualifiers. Bosnia is winning against Spain (in Spain), Referee starts throwing yellow cards against Bosnia in 90th minute, red cards a Bosnian player in 91st minute, extends the injury time to 7 minutes. In 97th minute Spain equalizes. Bosnia doesn't get to qualify.

2012 Euro Qualifiers Bosnia is winning against France (in France) again Bosnia is winning 0:1, Nasri dives outside the box, France gets a penalty. Bosnian player gets penalized in France's box doesn't get a mention. Also countless other yellow cards against Bosnian players over obvious dives, each time the ref is in good position to see. If you watch the video I linked, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the game is rigged.

Do you really believe matches are fixed in one way or another?

Kem0sabe

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who did, pray tell?

A team who did not really on 1-0 wins and bad referee calls to win it?

People seem to take it in their stride what happened last night in the Bosnia - Spain game, and the bad referee decisions that keep following them and a few other teams around.

xbhaskarx

If a few bad calls are enough to prove a conspiracy, then every country can make the claim that FIFA/UEFA/etc are conspiring against them. Every nation has a few huge calls that have gone against them over the years, and that their bitter "what if" fans complain about incessantly. Hell there were half a dozen just at the last World Cup (I'm American, therefore FIFA is conspiring in favor of Slovenia!!)... Yeah maybe it's all rigged... or maybe the referees are humans who make mistakes. Occam's Razor.

Today France and England will shine and advance to the next round. Hopefully Ibrakadabra pulls himself together and at least show us one last time that he is (was) a true great player before he leaves the international stage of fame and glory. Sad for the Ukraine to drop out at this level they deserve to get ahead but for personal interesent and future matches I hope England will be in the next round.

He won't be too old in 2014 (32). He can still shine at the WC (if Sweden qualifies) and his contract at Milan runs through 2015.
I'm sure he can perform at the top level for at least 2 years to come.
I agree that France & England will go through today, can't really see Ukraine winning vs. England - as sad as it is.
/edit
Spain vs. England should be fun.

Gregorn

France and England to both win and advance today? I think so.

I wonder if Rooney will be able to put his mark on the match.

Even though it would be better for England if France lost so we wouldn't have to face Spain, I still want France to win. Sweden sucks lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
If a few bad calls are enough to prove a conspiracy, then every country can make the claim that FIFA/UEFA/etc are conspiring against them. Every nation has a few huge calls that have gone against them over the years, and that their bitter "what if" fans complain about incessantly. Hell there were half a dozen just at the last World Cup (I'm American, therefore FIFA is conspiring in favor of Slovenia!!)... Yeah maybe it's all rigged... or maybe the referees are humans who make mistakes. Occam's Razor.

I don't think it's the case of the last WC (or the Euros for that matter) at all (and "rigged" is a big word, lol at the finalists being decided up front) but let's not try to pretend this kind of shit can't happen: maybe the referees are humans who make mistakes? Yep, of course. It's not aleays the case tho. It's been proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that at least some of Japan/SK WC 2002's matches where South Korea played were rigged (Bayron Moreno lol). Who knows what other shit happened that hasn't surfaced yet. Fuck, I actually remember the world's media calling the italians crybabies over that infamous match, even spaniards... only to scream "robbed" shortly after when the same happen to them, haha, I guess it really takes to be put in that kind of position to see things throughly. Unfortunately, it's something that can happen in any kind of competition, there always will be the chance something dirty can happen: sports ain't any different and football most definitely isn't.
I actually think that Euro 2012's refs have been mostly up to the task so far, WCs are more tricky and always will be till FIFA understand that having quality refs which are used to the big games (and also less prone to bribes) is more important than throwing a bone to South America, Oceania, Africa and such by having their refs there without taking into account if they're actually good or not.

Clearly? Bonucci said he was speaking in English and has no idea what he was trying to say....

Since it's my first language it's not so hard to tell, and why would Bonucci should have to tell the media what they want the most of that guy.
I would've cover him as well.

Linius

What a wonderful goal from Super Mario yesterday :D

For today I've predicted the following (this was before the EC started)...

Sweden 1 - 1 France
England 2 - 0 Ukraine

tirant

A team who did not really on 1-0 wins and bad referee calls to win it?

People seem to take it in their stride what happened last night in the Bosnia - Spain game, and the bad referee decisions that keep following them and a few other teams around.

zGpkY.jpg

Doopliss

He was clearly saying "Figli di put..." ( son of a bi...) while rotating the finger, which stays for "to all of you" towards the irish

Funny guy
The BBC pundits thought that whatever he was saying was directed towards the Italy bench. That would seem to make more sense than insulting the Irish team... but then it's Balotelli, so who knows?

The BBC pundits thought that whatever he was saying was directed towards the Italy bench. That would seem to make more sense than insulting the Irish team... but then it's Balotelli, so who knows?

He had nothing against the players, it was for who greeted him with hisses and such

Acheteedo

Just been looking over all the England tournament knock outs this century, god those were some painful games, every time. You can rely on some drama when England crash and burn, especially when we face Portugal.

Arjen

Things are starting to surface what the hell went wrong this EC in the Dutch team.
Apparantly the group was divided in two camps.
Sneijder who wanted a more attacking team.
RVP who wanted a more defensive team.
Huntelaar was really close to being sent home apparently.

Wessiej

Things are starting to surface what the hell went wrong this EC in the Dutch team.

And Bouma punched the doctor.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

He said "son of a bitch, all of you..."
Nothing to do with the players, it was directed at the fans since, ya know, they booed him since the firsf minute he laid feet on the pitch. It was the last straw I guess, after the monkey chants by the spaniards and the racist slurs (with bananas thrown on the field ffs) during the Croatia game.

Linius

Have you seen VI Oranje yesterday? Van der Gijp was quite funny in describing how the Dutch squad was divided in camps. Van der Wiel was the lonesome cowboy in the group :p

Wonder what Huntelaar said/did to get close to be send home.

Have you seen VI Oranje yesterday? Van der Gijp was quite funny in describing how the Dutch squad was divided in camps. Van der Wiel was the lonesome cowboy in the group :p

Wonder what Huntelaar said/did to get close to be send home.
I would guess that Van Marwijk didnt like him complaining that van Persie sucked ass and should be on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom