• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Casillas is so awesome

1340055860_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

leroidys

Yeah, teams don't give a fuck when they go out in the first round as long as they played well. Stop talking shit.

I'm not talking about the teams' feelings, I am talking about the spectators'.

This is hilarious. If you want to be entertained, go watch clowns.

I don't find clowns entertaining?

Look, if I was Spanish, I would love the team as they have an incredible record. I am not Spanish, so I do not enjoy watching them play boring as fuck football.

Should I love the Spanish just because they win? Isn't that the definition of a bandwagoner?

Arnie

Hmmm. ;)

Otherwise agreed 100%. Would also like to point out that there normally aren't any pure neutrals when it comes to football fans. People normally take a side and rarely favour the champions/favourites.
The first point was referring to the general apathy within footballing communities towards Spain's style; the second was more my own opinion. Should have clarified.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not talking about the teams' feelings, I am talking about the spectators'.

I will point to thousands of Chelsea fans who enjoyed beating Barcelona and Bayern despite playing very defensively.

Honestly it's a load of cock. You're honestly saying supporters don't want their teams to win? They just care if they tippy tap the ball around the pitch?

Edit: hold on, you're arguing against Spain? The fuck?

leroidys

I will point to thousands of Chelsea fans who enjoyed beating Barcelona and Bayern despite playing very defensively.

Honestly it's a load of cock. You're honestly saying supporters don't want their teams to win? They just care if they tippy tap the ball around the pitch?

Edit: hold on, you're arguing against Spain? The fuck?

Sorry I am not presenting myself well. I mean from the point of view of a neutral.

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry I am not presenting myself well. I mean from the point of view of a neutral.

The thing is neutrals shouldn't even be part of the equation. The reason sport is played on such a level is so that people can taste success. The Euro Championship exists so that a team can win the thing. Every player of every nation wants to win it.

Each supporter of each team wants to win it. The reason it's on television and available to neutrals is because of money.

Socreges

Banned
Should I love the Spanish just because they win? Isn't that the definition of a bandwagoner?
You actually seem to hate them just because they win.

I mean, "boring as fuck"? Really? Today's game was relatively boring for sure, but are we going to pretend that the Spain/Italy and Spain/Ireland matches were exactly the same? Or ignore that they normally get a lot of chances on goal?

Maybe stick to club football then?

I don't watch the Copa America because none of the teams represent my heritage and I don't have the hubris to demand that teams in that competition play entertaining football to satisfy my interest level.

Nolan.

Teams should have three appeals to call on video technology. Play on until the ball stops, then ask to look at it. It'll stop dick heads calling for every single thing, because now they can prove it, and secondly it'll stop people from pulling shirts and gaming the system because now they can be easily caught.

I don't really think that would work as well as it sounds to be honest. Mainly because not all teams make decisions quickly and it would slow down a match and most likely also play into tactics along with falling over every five minutes. I think the refs just need to stop being so scared to make a call when it's in the box, within the same match you'll see a ref make calls on seemingly minor things then when a player is impeded in the box or there is a handball the ref is more hesitant.

leroidys

You actually seem to hate them just because they win.

I mean, "boring as fuck"? Really? Today's game was relatively boring for sure, but are we going to pretend that the Spain/Italy and Spain/Ireland matches were exactly the same? Or ignore that they normally get a lot of chances on goal?

I don't hate them. I am not enthralled with them, and according to many here that is simply inadmissible.

Spain/Italy, Spain wasn't particularly thrilling. Spain/Ireland played out like... anyone in the tournament vs. Ireland.

Maybe stick to club football then?

I don't watch the Copa America because none of the teams represent my heritage and I don't have the hubris to demand that teams in that competition play entertaining football to satisfy my interest level.

Hah, point taken.

sneaky77

I wish Del Bosque would get rid of the stupid double DM midfield.. is completely unnecessary and Biscuits and alonso get in each others way more than complement each other.

Also if you put Navas to open up the field.. maybe put Llorente in to be able to head some of the crosses Navas will get? ugh so frustrating.. but we advanced and in tourneys like this, that's what counts.

Beez

Banned
Oh boy I just thought of something, the way they're both playing could Greece and Italy meet in the final?? My mom and dad would be so freaked out if that happened. It might cause a family fight. :-/

Visceir

Oh boy I just thought of something, the way they're both playing could Greece and Italy meet in the final?? My mom and dad would be so freaked out if that happened. It might cause a family fight. :-/

Greece's captain and goal scorer is out for the next game. There is no way Germany is going to lose to that team, lol.

They could meet in the semi finals, not the final. And I'm Italian and Greek too but because my greek dad is a doucher and left us at a young age, I don't have as close a connection with my Greek side or relatives. I always consider myself more Italian (even if not technically) than I do myself Greek. I love Greek culture though so I'm proud to be Greek. It would be a pretty crazy emotional match for me if those two met. It will never happen though. If it did miraculously happen, I'm rooting for Italy no question. :)

Beez

Banned
They could meet in the semi finals, not the final. And I'm Italian and Greek too but because my greek dad is a doucher and left us at a young age, I don't have as close a connection with my Greek side or relatives. I always consider myself more Italian (even if not technically) than I do myself Greek. I love Greek culture though so I'm proud to be Greek. It would be a pretty crazy emotional match for me if those two met. It will never happen though. If it did miraculously happen, I'm rooting for Italy no question. :)

My dad would kill me if I went against Greece but my mom would make me cry if I went against Italy. Oh brother.

keit4

Banned
I just realized that Spain is the top scorer team and the team with least goals against (along with France) in the group stage till now... Not bad for a team who plays a boring football!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
btw for people who watched the italy game: how did abate play?

Worse than Maggio would. Decent defensevely, but he was non existant up front, basically never dribbled the opposing player to out number the defense line nor he could pull a decent cross inside the box for his life. 5/10.

At least Giaccherini was out as well, he was one of the worst against Spain and horrible versus Croatia (not his fault, he was phisically unable to play in that position and more so against those big Croatian dudes). Thiago Motta needs to stay on the fucking bench as well, rework the midifield with De Rossi, Pirlo, Nocerino.
Really disliked the position De Rossi was played in by Prandelli.
Also Cassano was subbed 10 minutes too early, opposite of what Prandelli should have done when facing Croatia. And we needed Pepe and a proper CF for this Euros, either Borriello or Pazzini (even if their season was bad they would've come in handy as the fifth striker).

Btw, yay Italia, I had 12 friends come over and we watched the game on my 3m screen/projector... I spent a little fortune in beer/alcool/food (they DID offer to pay me back -I declined- so my friends are awesome, plus they brought cake) and it was a pain in the ass to clean/prep home but man we had a blast and it was the first time I had a nice time since leaving the hospital :)

FORZA ITALIA!!

can't believe I'm finally free to say it that way again, fucking Berlustronzi

criesofthepast said:

Join us son, you know we love ya.
edit: I wanted to add a "welcome with open arms".jpg... Note to self: never ever Google that again, WTF Chigago police

that sucks about your dad, but I bet the other people on your family that you care for are awesome

IceCold

I just realized that Spain is the top scorer team and the team with least goals against (along with France) in the group stage till now... Not bad for a team who plays a boring football!

Having a team like Ireland in your group can do that.

Fry

All of their matches in the WC after the group stages ended up 1:0. ZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzz

Worse than Maggio would. Decent defensevely, but he was non existant up front, basically never dribbled the opposing player to out number the defense line nor he could pull a decent cross inside the box for his life. 5/10.

At least Giaccherini was out as well, he was one of the worst against Spain and horrible versus Croatia (not his fault, he was phisically unable to play in that position and more so against those big Croatian dudes). Thiago Motta needs to stay on the fucking bench as well, rework the midifield with De Rossi, Pirlo, Nocerino.
Really disliked the position De Rossi was played in by Prandelli.
Also Cassano was subbed 10 minutes too early, opposite of what Prandelli should have done when facing Croatia. And we needed Pepe and a proper CF for this Euros, either Borriello or Pazzini (even if their season was bad they would've come in handy as the fifth striker).

Btw, yay Italia, I had 12 friends come over and we watched the game on my 3m screen/projector... I spent a little fortune in beer/alcool/food (they DID offer to pay me back -I declined- so my friends are awesome, plus they brought cake) and it was a pain in the ass to clean/prep home but man we had a blast and it was the first time I had a nice time since leaving the hospital :)

FORZA ITALIA!!

can't believe I'm finally free to say it that way again, fucking Berlustronzi

Join us son, you know we love ya.
edit: I wanted to add a "welcome with open arms".jpg... Note to self: never ever Google that again, WTF Chigago police

that sucks about your dad, but I bet the other people on your family that you care for are awesome
Thanks :). My mom was born in Rogliano Cosenza and I visit my family there every few years. My relatives there are amazing. I miss my little cousins so much. Plan on moving somewhere in the Calabria region before I'm 30. I love the south so very much. Proud calabrese. :D

IceCold

Thanks :). My mom was born in Rogliano Cosenza and I visit my family there every few years. My relatives there are amazing. I miss my little cousins so much. Plan on moving somewhere in the Calabria region before I'm 30. I love the south so very much. Proud calabrese. :D

You're half Greek, half Calabrese? You're pretty much full Greek :p

Gor@n

Neo Member
Can anyone hit me up with a quality HD english stream? Have no way of watching here in Aus, without getting cable tv and plus an additional fee to watch the games.

bjaelke

A belated congratulation to Portugal and Germany for making it through group b. We kept getting updates during the game, but for 4 minutes it was actually quite ecstatic being in the stadium. I reckon our national did well considering the material and the group we were in. Oh well, time to watch the rest of the tournament as a "neutral" spectator.

hylje

Can anyone hit me up with a quality HD english stream? Have no way of watching here in Aus, without getting cable tv and plus an additional fee to watch the games.

Using Apple device and BBC iPlayer (global) would do it with a small fee. Too bad ITV most likely does not have such and half the games are there. Otherwise rebroadcasting in such from here (Europe, I'm from Finland), is illegal streaming and piracy. So basically you're on your own.

Bento

Lustig was benched last game? He came on as a sub. Surely he wont start today?
Hmm. I thought our defensive line up was Lustig, Olsson, Mellberg and Olsson? With Jonas Olsson being the new addition to the squad. I might be recall that incorrectly though, regardless, we're going to get humiliated with or without Lustig :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom