• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

I imagine the English team's playlists are going to be switching from repeated listens of "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" to "Train in Vain"

Big-E

Holy shit TSN is being fucking savage to the English! One of the analysts outright called England overrated and nowhere near the superpowers they think they are.

Its the truth. They have done NOTHING FOREVER. Their WC win was on home soil. They have done absolutely nothing and you got teams like Italy who on paper field their weakest squad in decades and are able to do something against strong top flight teams.

Kickz

Roy has quit

hOJJhas.png

noshten

Was rooney this bad even with man utd last season ? it pains me to see him playing so bad.

Yes, he was nearly as bad as this. Sadly instead of dropping him all together from the squad Woy not only took him, he put him in midfield and gave him the armband.
Useless manager who bows to player power and this is why England can't have nice things. Tonight not only was he playing Looney in midfield when he shouldn't even be in the squad - he played the most talented England player on the wing in a position where he was always ineffectual ever since he was moved to the right wing at Chelsea to accommodate that PoS Torres.

Xater

I don't even care how Germany does now. England losing to Iceland is just one of the greatest gifts this Euro could have given us.

BKK

Its the truth. They have done NOTHING FOREVER. Their WC win was on home soil. They have done absolutely nothing and you got teams like Italy who on paper field their weakest squad in decades and are able to do something against strong top flight teams.

To be fair, it's not a we or they situation, most English would agree with this assessment. Fortunately I'm old enough to remember Italia '90 when we went out of the Semi's to Germany on penalties. Unfortunately that means that I'm also old enough to remember that we have never got that far since!

I've always believed that we've had good enough players to do well, just not the management. Unfortunately the English FA have an issue with certain English managers, they always have to be squeeky clean, regardless of ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom