• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

England were playing like they didn't know what the scoreline was and were playing for a draw.

We didn't score in open-play against Iceland, Slovakia and Russia. Think about that for a second. We beat Germany 3-2 in March playing in a system (4-4-2) and with players we haven't used since, also sans Rooney and Hart. We arrived in France with a supposed surplus of good strikers, 50 Premier League goals between just Kane & Vardy coming up against the centre-backs of Krasnodar and Malmö, and yet they've never been able to play together in an appropriate system.

If we got Iceland, Slovakia and Russia in a tournament qualifying group we'd be licking our lips at the prospect of easy qualification as we have done since the failure of 2008 but yet again against weaker teams in actual tournaments (USA, Algeria, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Russia, Slovakia, Iceland) we come up short.

We got exactly what we deserved.

I honestly don't know why I bother with football.

Ipswich Town and England.

I am NEVER going to see a team I support win a fucking thing.

Why fucking bother? Why?

Piece of shit wank!

I don't think holding a press conference where you talk about how fantastic your players are and how they did everything you asked of them after THAT performance, and then having the fucking cheek to say you're taking no further questions is very dignified. Poor show from Hodgson.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
aVTb.jpg

Brilliant.

Just brilliant.

Linkyn

So I just watched England get knocked out by Iceland in a Glasgow pub, and I'm graduating from university tomorrow.

This may just be the best day ever.

GeeTeeCee

I fully expect to see a few Facebook/Twitter posts from some of the nuttier Brexiters suggesting this was some sort of EU-backed fix to try and humiliate England.

DemonNite

thank fuck Roy is gone.

Iceland deserve everything today and were the better team by miles. Really happy for them as they're having a good tournament and wish them the best.

Oh well, time to watch Wimbledon

Oersted

"What a game Iceland!! Wow! Congratulations. Brexit effect allready? #EURO2016 #Iceland ⚽️❤️"

Lol Malström

England were playing like they didn't know what the scoreline was and were playing for a draw.

We didn't score in open-play against Iceland, Slovakia and Russia. Think about that for a second. We beat Germany 3-2 in March playing in a system (4-4-2) and with players we haven't used since, also sans Rooney and Hart. We arrived in France with a supposed surplus of good strikers, 50 Premier League goals between just Kane & Vardy coming up against the centre-backs of Krasnodar and Malmö, and yet they've never been able to play together in an appropriate system.

If we got Iceland, Slovakia and Russia in a tournament qualifying group we'd be licking our lips at the prospect of easy qualification as we have done since the failure of 2008 but yet again against weaker teams in actual tournaments (USA, Algeria, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Russia, Slovakia, Iceland) we come up short.

We got exactly what we deserved.

q9146kZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom