• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
My problem is that the whole "players we have not used since" implies that there is this stellar English team that Hodgson just holds back because he's a moron.

There might actually have been one, though. I mean Kane was absolutely fantastic in the League this season; the disparity between that and this is striking.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
WhoScored.com ✔ @WhoScored
Marcus Rashford: No player completed more successful dribbles in England vs Iceland than Rashford did (3) in just 5 mins #ENGISL

Syder

My problem is that the whole "players we have not used since" implies that there is this stellar English team that Hodgson just holds back because he's a moron.
Maybe not 'stellar' but Hodgson was almost definitely holding us back. If Vardy can't get a start after scoring 24 goals and winning a title, there's something seriously wrong.

El Topo

There might actually have been one, though. I mean Kane was absolutely fantastic in the League this season; the disparity between that and this is striking.

Sometimes players just don't deliver for the national team. Not saying England is bad, there is talent, but I fear fans have deluded themselves a bit too much into how good the squad actually is. See e.g. De Gea.

Maybe not 'stellar' but Hodgson was almost definitely holding us back. If Vardy can't get a start after scoring 24 goals and winning a title, there's something seriously wrong.

He's your Erich Ribbeck. Okay team, but it never worked.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Has this been posted already?

Cl_MxCuWAAUKjbl.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes players just don't deliver for the national team. Not saying England is bad, there is talent, but I fear fans have deluded themselves a bit too much into how good the squad actually is.

I'm not saying they were favourites or anything; but I firmly believe that this was on paper a mostly strong team (barring Hart and Sterling) that Hodgson squandered.

Skele7on

Banned
Sometimes players just don't deliver for the national team. Not saying England is bad, there is talent, but I fear fans have deluded themselves a bit too much into how good the squad actually is. See e.g. De Gea.

Rooney has been in the squad for years...

Is this true? lol

Assistant coach yes...

The coach was the Sweedish coach who's never lost to England as a manager...

Inversive

WhoScored.com ✔ @WhoScored
Marcus Rashford: No player completed more successful dribbles in England vs Iceland than Rashford did (3) in just 5 mins #ENGISL

18 year old was our best player despite being on for 5 minutes and garbage like Sterling starting ahead of him. woy??????

Audioboxer

18 year old was our best player despite being on for 5 minutes and garbage like Sterling starting ahead of him. woy??????

I was watching the game with my old man and the exact thing I said at 70 minutes is where is Rashford? Young player, little pressure/expectation, fast and skillful.... But no, Roy keeping that Kane/Sturridge combo going and Sterling for a good chunk.

I was watching the game with my old man and the exact thing I said at 70 minutes is where is Rashford? Young player, little pressure/expectation, fast and skillful.... But no, Roy keeping that Kane/Sturridge combo going and Sterling for a good chunk.

Roy has his favourites, like his hard-on for Jack Wilshire who brought fuck all to the table when he came on.

He was willing to screw the team over to play his people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom