• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humidex

Real talk, was Roy Englands worst manager ever?

3a163b379b1ebaee93896ee4e704ee4306e4b2b6.jpg

El Topo

I'm not saying they were favourites or anything; but I firmly believe that this was on paper a mostly strong team (barring Hart and Sterling) that Hodgson squandered.

Oh, absolutely. You could have done better with the team. I mean, there is *some* amazing talent.

Inversive

I was watching the game with my old man and the exact thing I said at 70 minutes is where is Rashford? Young player, little pressure/expectation, fast and skillful.... But no, Roy keeping that Kane/Sturridge combo going and Sterling for a good chunk.

Yep said the same to my mate, roy was clueless.

GeeTeeCee

I wondered if this might end Joe Hart's status as England's number one keeper, but then I remembered he plays for a Big Club and is thus guaranteed the role forever. We also must find a space for our eternal talisman Rooney, shiteness be damned.

I wondered if this might end Joe Hart's status as England's number one keeper, but then I remembered he plays for a Big Club and is thus guaranteed the role forever. We also must find a space for our eternal talisman Rooney, shiteness be damned.

Rooney can take over as GK after a stint as a CB.

elty

How horrible is each individual for England? I heard is Kane is horrible. Did Dier played horrible too since he got sub?

derExperte

He'll need to improve tenfold if he wants to survive more than one season under Pep.

Floody

So how does each individual players play? All I heard is Kane is horrible.

Rashford played for 5 minutes and was by far the best player for England tonight, should tell you everything you need to know about the rest. Kane, did nothing all game and spooned a few set-pieces at the end, it's probably why he's currently getting most of the stick.

RaginRoss

My personal highlight of the typical English arrogance was the half time analysis:

'Do they drop Joe Hart for the quarter final?'

You just can't make it up. They'll never learn.

Skele7on

Banned
It's all that shampoo in the eyes, you imagine trying to be a goal keeper in that state.

That's why afterwards he was seen punching his head, trying to wash it out.

He was anything but flake free though.

My personal highlight of the typical English arrogance was the half time analysis:

'Do they drop Joe Hart for the quarter final?'

You just can't make it up. They'll never learn.

Best part of that arrogance was the ITV guys all said Roy should keep him in the team.

Just mental.

At least these BBC guys seem to see whats wrong with the team, rather than pretend Iceland just pulled of a cheeky fluke.

AngryMoth

Southgate at 2/1 to be the next manager? Fucking hell. Stand by for more of the same

Lol, Shearer putting his hat in the ring on MotD right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom