• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

Tbh Rashford was playing against a tired Iceland. Rooney and Kane were still woeful though.

Yeah true, but at least he actually decided to run at the Iceland defence, everyone else was either just passing it sideways, running backwards or just standing around doing nothing, would have given them much more trouble if we had even one more player willing to do that.

Southgate at 2/1 to be the next manager? Fucking hell. Stand by for more of the same

Lol, Shearer putting his hat in the ring on MotD right now

Shearer's been trying to get back in to management for a while. Tried to get the Cardiff job when they let go of Malky Mackay. He's dying for a job back in dugout, I think he'd make a decent coach (not manager).

Tweet's been deleted, what did it say?

Welsh team watching the game on TV, celebrating at the final whistle.

Zutroy

I was at the match tonight, supporting Iceland since I'm a Scot 😋

Was super tense the whole second half. The Iceland fans were amazing and full of energy!

As a Welshman, I'm all for a bit of friendly mockery. Outright celebrating it as a team seems kind of off though.

I mean, England's loss does give Wales the distinction of being the only team in the UK that's still in the Euro. Perhaps they're cheering about that. :p

Or maybe they were rooting for Iceland like everyone that's not English. Either or.

kromeo

Only Alan Pardew can save England now.

giphy.gif

Baleoce

Remember England winning 3-2 germany? After that they thought the Euros would be a breeze.

England have a habit of going into tournaments not knowing their strongest system, and leaving it in much the same fashion. That's what they really need to work on. It brings a lot of instability to their game plan.

elty

When you think about it, Spain, Germany and Italy all drafted their players from their top team... and England can only get people from Spurs who suffered a horrible end of the reason....

I don't think there's a single English manager out there who is good enough to get the job. I mean, if Gareth Fucking Southgate is the best candidate out there then we might as well all jack it in now and move to Iceland.

My 9 year old son has no interest in football so when I asked him who the next England manager should be, he said "Beyonce". Quite honestly, I'd rather have Beyonce than Gareth Fucking Southgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom