• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

14670673063250ouu2.jpg

I don't know, I would say letting Leicester win the league was nearly as bad, but then again it is Iceland.

"Embarrasement"
"Gullibillity"

Floody

I don't think there's a single English manager out there who is good enough to get the job. I mean, if Gareth Fucking Southgate is the best candidate out there then we might as well all jack it in now and move to Iceland.

My 9 year old son has no interest in football so when I asked him who the next England manager should be, he said "Beyonce". Quite honestly, I'd rather have Beyonce than Gareth Fucking Southgate.

Kinda on this topic, just had a similar discussion and came to the conclusion that someone like Rafa Benitez could do pretty good as the England manager, he usually does well in tournament football and somehow almost saved that awful Newcastle side last season, so is still capable of getting a crap team performing. It'll never happen though, FA will give it to some other mediocre manager.

I don't think there's a single English manager out there who is good enough to get the job. I mean, if Gareth Fucking Southgate is the best candidate out there then we might as well all jack it in now and move to Iceland.

My 9 year old son has no interest in football so when I asked him who the next England manager should be, he said "Beyonce". Quite honestly, I'd rather have Beyonce than Gareth Fucking Southgate.

Yet another example of England playing themselves due to fear of immigrants

You're raising your kid right.

Acorn

This is why the rest of the UK hates English football media.
Not really.

We hate the constant 1966 shit, Clive "JUSTICE FOR THE ENGLAND 11" Tyldsley, Ian Wright (he's a fucking mascot with zero insight) and "Every other country better watch out" shit.

The scorn shit is just cute.

If Iceland don't start doing adverts starring Joe Hart dropping various types of frozen foodstuffs, they're missing out on a huge marketing opportunity.

Not really.

We hate the constant 1966 shit, Clive "JUSTICE FOR THE ENGLAND 11" Tyldsley, Ian Wright (he's a fucking mascot with zero insight) and "Every other country better watch out" shit.

Pretty much.

We never hear the end of 1966 even to this day.

If England actually won a tournament again (lol) the gloating from the English media would be insufferable.

THE:MILKMAN

14670673063250ouu2.jpg

I don't know, I would say letting Leicester win the league was nearly as bad, but then again it is Iceland.

Suck it! Not our fault Spurs bottled it and managed to finish third in a two horse race.

002564bb2b2a189a344707.jpg

It has to be said England were awful tonight. The players sure, but the FA England setup is probably the main issue.

Pisses me off when people act like the English media speak for all English fans. If you seriously think that we all thought we'd win the Euros after beating Germany in friendly you're deluded. Yeah, there might have been some tongue in cheek comments about it from some people but they're not to be taken seriously. As for today's game, I knew we'd lost as soon as we went 2-1 down, Hodgson doesn't have the capacity to adapt a team during a game (The Wales game was a fluke, he made the two most obvious subs and benefited from the fact it was a big game and Wales were a bit shaky when we were putting them under pressure). ITV pundits do not speak for the general English supporting public, we weren't all talking about the quarters while we were losing, and most of us realised ages ago that we were going nowhere with Roy at the helm. Thankfully he's gone now but I'm not at all optimistic about his successor. Something needs to be done about football in this country but the FA daren't mess with the Premier League so there handy "solution" to the fact that we keep producing mediocre players will be B teams in the Football League, which is a disastrously shit idea and won't even work while Man City, Chelsea and United's youth teams are all filled with the very best talent from South America and Africa. Fuck sake lads, future of the England national team is bleak.

Not really.

Both go hand in hand. The constant high expectations lead to this shit when they inevitably fuck up.

Raiden

Banned
So Iceland is kinda amazing right? There are only 160.000 men living there. And even less if you only count the ones that are in the 18-35 demographic. How the hell..

Not really.

To be fair to Ian Wright, whilst he gets overzealous with his support, he quite rightly called them out on being shit tonight. They should make Lee Dixon manager, he'd sort the fuckers out. Rather him than that horse faced clown Southgate.

kmag

Not really.

To be fair, I've not met a single English person who has any time for Tyldsley's nonsense. Don't get me wrong they seem to put up with it in the same way you put up with you'd put up with your alzheimer beduddled Granddad on a trip to the beach, rather than the nails on chalkboard reaction he elicits in the rest of the english speaking world but they're not exactly anything other than mildly embarrassed by him and the shite he spouts in my experience.

kmag

Has this been posted?

Steve McLaren making a fool of himself on live tv

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/747562270595645440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

You know I feel sorry for McLaren somewhat, he is by all accounts a nice guy who is a very good coach on the training ground. He's just utterly, utterly unsuited to anything more than that. Continually promoted above his abilities, and some poor sad of a chairman hears tales of how good a technical coach he is, how good he is at training young players yadda yadda and before you know it Stevie's collecting another p45 and fat severance package.

RustyO

You know I feel sorry for McLaren somewhat, he is by all accounts a nice guy who is a very good coach on the training ground. He's just utterly, utterly unsuited to anything more than that. Continually promoted above his abilities, and some poor sad of a chairman hears tales of how good a technical coach he is, how good he is at training young players yadda yadda and before you know it Stevie's collecting another p45 and fat severance package.

Can't be that bad no?

What was Roy on, £1.5m ?

Didn't they pay Eriksson like £4m or something stupid to sack him?

If your FA is smart ( LOL ), you get on the phone immediately and offer everything that Hiddink would want to coach England. He's great at making shite national teams quite successful.

Jarnet87

The only said part of all these early English exits is nothing changes. This same group of players will be back in 2 years to fail again.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I will always pick Theo Walcott over Raheem Sterling. Like everytime. Sterling is like the most unimpressive player ever.

antonio was the most dangerous english winger in the run up to the euros and he was playing right back.

ZZMitch

So Iceland is kinda amazing right? There are only 160.000 men living there. And even less if you only count the ones that are in the 18-35 demographic. How the hell..

Luxembourg have 200,000 more people than Iceland... LUXEMBOURG. The fact that Iceland is as good as they are is incredible.

Joe Hart, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, Jack Wilshere, Wayne Rooney, Jordan Henderson, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Ross Barkley were all part of the 2014 team.Danny Welbeck would have made it 10 of 23 that were there from 2014.
You surely must admit that over half the team being new is evidence against the whole 'nothing will ever change!' claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom