• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
Cl_GLP_XIAEPF0A.jpg:medium

So since 1996 they have only managed to pass a knocout phase one time in 2002 and then get beaten by Brazil.
2006?

I really can't believe now i am seeing people calling Italy as a big team lol. I still remember when we are starting this Euro, there are some people who argue that Italy won't even pass the group portion lol.

The difference is that Italy usually show up at major tournaments whereas England shit themselves.

spekkeh

Banned
I really can't believe now i am seeing people calling Italy as a big team lol. I still remember when we are starting this Euro, there are some people who argue that Italy won't even pass the group portion lol.
People keep underestimating Graziano Pelle. People keep being wrong. He's no Inzaghi but he can be a Toni.

And Juventus didn't reach the CL final for nothing.

Personally I think this is one of the better Italy sides of recent times.

Probity

All things considered I wouldn't really call Italy a big team. I'd argue they are just fairly clinical in select situations.

So, lucky. The sort of lucky that has broken my German heart multiple times.

I'm openly surprised to see Italy getting to this point. There was so much lingering drama just recently about selection and other nonsense that it's odd to see them up here against Germany again. It's weird to see this level of suggestion that they're a heavyweight in this tournament, but that's also what I say about my own team.

Germany being the odds-on favorite blows my mind. The team is a shell of themselves right now, and the Slovakia game could very well be a one-hit wonder. They haven't shown any real high class since the WC.

People keep underestimating Graziano Pelle. People keep being wrong. He's no Inzaghi but he can be a Toni.

I think the team has class players, but that it isn't a particularly cohesive unit. I wouldn't argue against Pelle or a lot of the others, but I don't think this is one of the best recent teams. Though, I suppose I haven't considered the lack of real success since 2006. Euro 2012 is conflicting for me.

casiopao

We Germans know not to underestimate Italy.

Uukhh. I can feel the stomach pain there seeing another Italy vs Germany especially for Germany fans.

I still remember some of my Germany friends saying here. It is okay for Germany to face any team there as they believe there will still be chances for winning. But meeting Italy is like meeting a cockblock lol. Italy rarely disappoint Germany fans there.T_T

The difference is that Italy usually show up at major tournaments whereas England shit themselves.

While the last WC Italy shits the bed so bad, i agree that England had been jobbing almost all their international performance.

casiopao

Pelle does feel more like Toni there. He may not be Del Piero or Inzaghi but as long as he can keep low blowing the foes team, i will be more than happy.

While i would said, the defense of this team is still damn solid with BBC and Buffon, the midfield and forward is sadly not adequate at all. I mean, Italy don't have any Totti anymore, not a single absolutely powerful forward.

So no, i would said this is still one of the weaker Italy but thanks to that disadvantage, they actually focus more on tactics and teamwork which in football can make team stronger.^_^

All things considered I wouldn't really call Italy a big team. I'd argue they are just fairly clinical in select situations.

So, lucky. The sort of lucky that has broken my Germany heart multiple times.

I'm openly surprised to see Italy getting to this point. There was so much lingering drama just recently about selection and other nonsense that it's odd to see them up here against Germany again. It's weird to see this level of suggestion that they're a heavyweight in this tournament, but that's also what I say about my own team.

Germany being the odds-on favorite blows my mind. The team is a shell of themselves right now, and the Slovakia game could very well be a one-hit wonder. They haven't shown any real high class since the WC.

I agree here. Italy sure is not a heavyweight team anymore. Especially when they don't have Marchisio to bolster their midfield.

On the bolded one, i can also said that happen to Italy lol. Italy is truly the shell of their former selves right now.T_T

Edit: Noooo. Sorry do-post.T_T

CassSept

casiopao

How I wish England could be shells like Italy or Germany.

Years of under performance.

Sorry here. Not really following England National Team here but seeing how many complained about the Nat Team Manager, why won't you guys try to look for maybe some coach from other country here? Like maybe Lippi?Allegri?Simone? Or other good coach?

As i feel England is not that bad except for Rooney here.(The keeper is also another kind of bad lol.>_<) Maybe this time? Stay positive guys, i am sure you guys will get good coach.^_^

Donos

Bit conflicted. Want Germany to win it all for good parties and mood here but i hate Löw and i really love Buffon. This guy has charisma all around and also always a smile in some situations.

T-Rex.

Banned
I still don't understand how anyone in their right mind could have watched what Hodgson did at Liverpool and then think "yep, he's the man for the job".

What somebody wrote about Italy cockblocking Germany is true. :D

It's like England losing in penalties (well when they were still strong enough to go full distance against a proper team, sorry to say... :/ )

Anyway, I am preparing myself to losing to Italy like we always did since I watched that tragedy the first time in 1982 at the World Championship finals as a small boy.

azyless

I still don't understand how anyone in their right mind could have watched what Hodgson did at Liverpool and then think "yep, he's the man for the job".
I was baffled when I heard he got the England job. Thankfully I'm not english so I didn't have to go through that mess twice.

Sorry here. Not really following England National Team here but seeing how many complained about the Nat Team Manager, why won't you guys try to look for maybe some coach from other country here? Like maybe Lippi?Allegri?Simone? Or other good coach?

As i feel England is not that bad except for Rooney here.(The keeper is also another kind of bad lol.>_<) Maybe this time? Stay positive guys, i am sure you guys will get good coach.^_^

We've tried foreign, Capello and Sven. That didn't work either.

casiopao

What somebody wrote about Italy cockblocking Germany is true. :D

It's like England losing in penalties (well when they were still strong enough to go full distance against a proper team, sorry to say... :/ )

Anyway, I am preparing myself to losing to Italy like we always did since I watched that tragedy the first time in 1982 at the World Championship finals as a small boy.

Hey, it is not me saying that lol. I just remembered my Germany friend who said that lol. I wonder if he is cursing Spain right now lol for losing vs Italy.^^

But, i will take history as a 100% thingy lol. Germany this year is strong there. While not as good as 2014 WC Germany, Italy is also sure as hell not as strong as Italy in 2012 there.T_T

We've tried foreign, Capello and Sven. That didn't work either.

Welp........ try again i guess? Is the problem here with the player actually not the manager?O_O

Cappa

Banned
People talking about an end of an Era with spain is bullocks.

It's clear Spain's problem is a lack of a competent manager. Not a lack of players. If you see the players left off del Bosque final list.. Wow I can't wait for the world cup with a new manager. (hopefully Paco jemez or Roberto Martinez)

T-Rex.

Banned

It's clear Spain's problem is a lack of a competent manager. Not a lack of players. If you see the players left off del Bosque final list.. Wow I can't wait for the world cup with a new manager. (hopefully Paco jemez or Roberto Martinez)
Tbf it's very unlikely any team will achieve what the Spanish team did from 2008-2012 so from that point of view it makes sense why people would say that. You've still got a really good side, though.

Kain

It is the end. A lot of players need to go, like useless Cesc, Casillas (he's not playing but his shadow looms), Silva, Pedro, Juanfran... even Ramos, god he's bad. Of course it's a manager thing, but the team and all the staff need to change drastically.

Morata and Nolito just can't be the main forwards in this team.

Gareth Southgate is someone who comes across far too nice. Like Hodgson. Someone who won't have the balls to drop underperforming players.

We need someone who doesn't give a fuck about these overhyped fuckwits.

jts

...hate me...
Still crazy to think it's guaranteed one of Poland, Wales, Portugal or Belgium to be in the final. A first time for those first 2, and only a second time for the latter couple of countries.

casiopao

He's English.

Holy shit. You guys are making me laugh out loud in my office here lol. Everyone immediately turn their head to me here lol.

Gareth Southgate is someone who comes across far too nice. Like Hodgson. Someone who won't have the balls to drop underperforming players.

Someone like Conte you mean? Is there any English coach who had that kind of personality there?

MrS

Banned

Southgate's name shouldn't be in the conversation. He's awful and I doubt I'll ever forgive him for taking my beloved Boro down. Give it to Sam, Bruce, Pards or somebody else who has paid their dues. At this point they couldn't be any worse than Woy. Definitely don't want another foreign manager.

T-Rex.

Banned
Southgate's name shouldn't be in the conversation. He's awful and I doubt I'll ever forgive him for taking my beloved Boro down. Give it to Sam, Bruce, Pards or somebody else who has paid their dues. At this point they couldn't be any worse than Woy. Definitely don't want another foreign manager.
Neither should any of theirs. It'll just be more of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom