• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother Russia in da house! Shame the conflicts in the stands though.

England is such a weird side. Lallana, Sterling, and this Rooney are complete trash.

Wilshere playing in 2016 is a shocker as well.

pbsapeer

Banned
Great England player. Feel like he kept getting results but for some reason never got as many call ups as his performances warranted.
I think he was one of these English players who didn't want to play for country in friendlys and so was always marked as being a club over country man

Audioboxer

=( I will never watch footie as a pleb. This is so scary. I'm not really into football so I wasn't aware it could get this bad in 2016.

Football hooligans are some of the worst bigoted, violent and discriminatory people around. Doesn't help that it's seen as a "culture" thing.

Feorax

Could anyone tell me why Lalana seems to always get a call?

He's the best in the squad at keeping hold of the ball. By some distance.

When your centre forward forgets how to hold up the ball like Kane did tonight, a player like Lallana is pretty important.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Mother Russia in da house! Shame the conflicts in the stands though.

England is such a weird side. Lallana, Sterling, and this Rooney are complete trash.

Wilshere playing in 2016 is a shocker as well.

Did you watch the match? Rooney was one of the better England players; the team fell apart when he was subbed off.

Liamc723

Are you English? There's been plenty of abuse at the entirety of England in this thread and posters rightly saying it's a minority of fans, not everybody. Try not to do the same to Russians, it's quite hypocritical.

I am English.

Russia have a lot of thugs associated with Football. They're brandishing knives just in France today. Imagine them all in their own country.

Vile.

Audioboxer

Did you watch the match? Rooney was one of the better England players; the team fell apart when he was subbed off.

Yeah Rooney's passing is great. Sterling and Kane were the worst on the park.

ITV glossing over the violence with a one line acknowledgement from UEFA. Fucking joke channel

To be fair right now they just want to talk about the game and post-match stuff. News should cover violence.

Good performance but we should have got more than one. Can't understand not bringing on Vardy with ten or so minutes to go. He'd have chased every ball and offered some more pace. It was a good header though.

sobaka770

Banned
Ultras in a large majority of cases are a bunch of disgusting, loud, unreasonable and violent people who should never be allowed into a stadium. English ultras wrecked Marseille before the game, Russian ultras - after.

What's really disappointing is that the minority of fanbase creates these terrible precedents which affect the whole. And also, where the FUCK is the police?? They should've been posted between fan sections, that's just common sense.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Neville will lead England to glory.

I think we'll need to call in Big Sam. I mean, emergency managerial replacement needed to ensure failure to remain in the competition? He's your man.

Also it would just be hilarious.

Midas

I saw an exhibition game a couple of years back, on the way to the subway after the game, russian fans were singing some weird stuff and yelling seig heil. Extremely weird.

Juicy Bob

This isn't an England problem. This isn't a Russian problem.

This is a football problem.

How is continuously allowed to happen in 2016?

Football is toxic is so many ways.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Seen some tweets saying the English fans deserved to be attacked by the Russians inside the stadium.

Izuna

Banned
Football hooligans are some of the worst bigoted, violent and discriminatory people around. Doesn't help that it's seen as a "culture" thing.

It's the biggest subculture in the UK that I don't usually follow. I tend to be the guy walking away from the stadiums on matches, but still, this is the first time I'm really tuning in and had no idea it was this bad.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member

Feels like I should be pointing that out. I would have done if England had got the win.

Audioboxer

It's the biggest subculture in the UK that I don't usually follow. I tend to be the guy walking away from the stadiums on matches, but still, this is the first time I'm really tuning in and had no idea it was this bad.

Part of it is probably hedged in being a working mans sport, part of it via rivalry and part of it being some of the scummiest people are attracted to football. It especially kicks off when you mix in sore losers with the prior categories. Easy to let your disappointment and anger out on the opposing fans...

Many decent fans of the sport though, many. Some banter is appreciated in the sport, just not as far as it's taken on many occasions.

Don't get me wrong, he was okay. But when you have a midfield like that..you need creativity, someone who manages the tempo, pushes the team forward..

Rooney is not that player. But I might be a little bit biased, love the striker and always hated the midfielder version.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Attacking and chasing fans were families are is never deserved. Period.

The crowds that go to World/Euro Cup stadiums are usually quite different from your usual league game. And most of the time it's much nicer to watch such an international game than a league game. And we've seen lots of footage of small children in the crowd :(

Really wonder if the French tried hard enough to get a list of known hooligans to ward off from getting a ticket :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom