• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You asked the question at the wrong time, to be fair. If England had got the win tonight you'd have got more reasonable reactions.

Er, no you wouldn't?

If we won tonight, his ability as a National team manager would not have changed

I keep seeing random twitter junk about shit like "the English threw flares at the Russians first", and "It's because the English booed during the Russian Anthem".

It certainly doesn't help that's for sure, but the Russians response was foolish and clear for UEFA to deal with.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We were so similar to the French tonight. No identity whatsoever. Are we wide or narrow? Do we play short or long? Are our fullbacks attacking or defensive? Is Kane a deep-lying centre forward or a wide targetman? Why is Kane taking set-pieces? Why isn't Delle Alli doing any running? Why Sterling and Lallana getting near the starting line-up? Why, why, why, Roy?

Where are these so called 'positives' every pundit and player is waffling on about? We couldn't score in open play against a seriously weakened Russia team. Yes, Rooney wasn't 'bad' but his style is so negative, even Wilshere knows how to play the simple passes instead of playing these ridiculous wide passes into useless players like Sterling. He should be a sub when we're 2-0 up.

If Rooney HAS to play we can still put out a good side.
Roy won't do it though.

I think Rooney proved he has the merits to stay on the starting line-up. His passes were good; they just ended up with Sterling (lol). He'll struggle to do that against more pressing teams, but that's what the diamond is for. I agree that your line-up is what England should be fielding, though.

Cappa

Banned
Not an excuse to start charging the English fans...

Neither is booing during the anthem an excuse.
Lol its also a clear indication that no one should be excusing English fans. If you're going to provoke someone be prepared for the consequences.

Lashley

Hopefully all of the children and their families got home safely. That's what I'm worried about the most.

Fucking evil.
Yep
Lol its also a clear indication that no one should be excusing English fans. If you're going to provoke someone be prepared for the consequences.

Yeah, I'm sure those terrified children deserved all they got, the bastards.

Audioboxer

Vardys pace up front would have caused all sorts of problems for that aging and pretty woeful Russian defence.

They had a good few blocks but man a better setup team would have won that game 3-0.

Kane's crossing was bad, and sterling while he can run lacks an end product. Vardy should have been on for one of them.

Beefy

Again. Not all England fans provoked the Russians that charged them. Do innocent people deserve to be hurt? Is it funny that people get hurt?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

This is bullshit and you should be ashamed. They were charging women and children, have some fucking perspective.

Syder

I think Rooney proved he has the merits to stay on the starting line-up. His passes were good; they just ended up with Sterling (lol). He'll struggle to do that against more pressing teams, but that's what the diamond is for. I agree that your line-up is what England should be fielding, though.
Rooney is a fantastic passer of the ball, no doubt. However, tonight he play too fucking high, in my line-up he'd play deep and feed in Alli, Kane and Vardy whilst Dier protects Stones who can also play passes and carry the ball forward through the centre and Henderson can move box-to-box filling in where needed.

Liamc723

No fans are deserving of being rushed at by the Russians at full-time and have people run for their lives.

The Russians were disgusting.

Cappa

Banned
Yep

Yeah, I'm sure those terrified children deserved all they got, the bastards.
Stop and pause. I highly doubt they went directly after women in children. Its pretty clear women and children are going to be at a football game.

Let's be realistic here. Russian fans were being provoked. The Russian response was repulsive but for fucks sake let's stop acting like this hooliganism is just one section.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
His sub decisions tonight were total shite. England should have been pushing furiously for the second. That Russian defence was asking to be taken to the sword all game.

Possibly but any time I see him he lacks any charisma.

He's an old-fashioned guy. He's educated, speaks different languages, talks his way through an answer instead of giving a quick sound-bite.. That's the kind of man Hodgson is. You could say he lacks immediate charisma.

I agree his subs were bad tonight.

Feorax

Roy is a cockwomble of the highest order.

His tactics are cowardly, he doesn't understand the history and culture of the sides he manages, and he has been riding his luck for far too long.

Also, he looks like a fucking owl.

Has anyone read The Hodge Files by the way?

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/04/the-hodge-files/

Sometimes you can be winning and you think your defending is fine and your attacking is good but really it might be quite poor. You can then lose and after you’ve re-analysed, you see it’s not bad.
(Hodgey 12/11/10)

Lashley

Stop. I highly doubt they went directly after women in children.

Let's be realistic here. Russian fans were being provoked. The Russian response was repulsive but for fucks sake let's stop acting like this hooliganism is just one section.

Fucking hell, watch the videos. They were charging at women and children, people were throwing the children over the barricades to keep them safe.

Yes, England hooligans are cunts, but they weren't charging at women and kids

Audioboxer

He's an old-fashioned guy. He's educated, speaks different languages, talks his way through an answer instead of giving a quick sound-bite.. That's the kind of man Hodgson is. You could say he lacks immediate charisma.

I agree his subs were bad tonight.

True, I know it's his personality. Maybe that works best when dealing with a lot of young players I guess.

Liamc723

Stop and pause. I highly doubt they went directly after women in children. Its pretty clear women and children are going to be at a football game.

How were they being provoked? It was said that the atmosphere changed after Russia scored.

England fans aren't stupid enough to fight in a stadium.

In the streets however...

I fully expect to wake up to some horror stories in the morning sadly.

Cappa

Banned
Running at and attacking women and children.

Give your head a shake.

No fans are deserving of being rushed at by the Russians at full-time and have people run for their lives.

The Russians were disgusting.
No, my point is that stop blaming just the Russian fans. Please stop trying to tell me that they "attacked women and children" and let's talk about how hooliganism in football needs to end and how England fans shouldn't have provoked the Russian fans

Beefy

@rebekahvardy
That has to be up there with the worst experience EVER at
an away game! Teargassed for no reason, caged and treated like animals! Shocking!

King_Moc

Banned
Fucking hell, watch the videos. They were charging at women and children, people were throwing the children over the barricades to keep them safe.

Yes, England hooligans are cunts, but they weren't charging at women and kids

Jesus...where's the vids?

Just saw an England fan getting sprayed by police while literally just talking to them.

Liamc723

No, my point is that stop blaming just the Russian fans. Please stop trying to tell me that they "attacked women and children" and let's talk about how hooliganism in football needs to end and how England fans shouldn't have provoked the Russian fans

Englands fans didn't provoke them, you have no proof of that.

As I said, the atmosphere changed when Russia scored.

The French police has been nearly non-existent

They're all like "This is for Napoleon you bastards, both of you"

Where the hell is the gendarmerie.

skypunch

Banned

It's not just that, though. Imagine being a kid and having to be stuck in the middle of a fucking warzone. How would you feel if you saw a group of thugs charge towards your mum, or your dad?

Cappa

Banned
It's not just that, though. Imagine being a kid and having to be stuck in the middle of a fucking warzone. How would you feel if you saw a group of thugs charge towards your mum, or your dad?
Good so we should be questioning poor security measures inside the stadium.

If i was concerned about safety at a game I certainly wouldn't take my wife or child

Rellik

All their focus is on potential terrorist threats, it seems they just forgot about the fans. And when something happens, all they do is fire tear gas.

Syder

People forget that England 'played well' in the opening game of Brazil 2014. I'm not buying the 'positives' argument, it's pundit-babble, with good team selection we would have won this 3-0.

The "POSITIVES™" of this are that when we crash out of another major tournament Roy will be given the boot.

King_Moc

Banned
Please link those vids, the ones on Twitter show nothing of note.

Yeah. Someone linked one that showed...people walking backwards? Saw an overhead shot on its that was clearly an entire stand of England fans, running away from Russians though. Like Heysel, basically.

Carl2291

Watch the videos people are putting online. Read the reports from fans, from neutrals. It's been Russian ultras attacking and provoking England fans all day. It was Russian fans running at women and children at the final whistle.

https://twitter.com/ianherbs/status/741736287737122817
https://twitter.com/nickeardleybbc/status/741735332887027712
https://twitter.com/Adam_Seeley/status/741734399104929792

Stop ignoring what's right in front of you.

Audioboxer

People forget that England 'played well' in the opening game of Brazil 2014. I'm not buying the 'positives' argument, it's pundit-babble, with good team selection we would have won this 3-0.

The "POSITIVES™" of this are that when we crash out of another major tournament Roy will be given the boot.

True. I don't think starting Kane was a bad idea, but he should have been off at half time, and off corner duty permanently.

Even although sterling was shite bring on milner? That's a shut up shop tactic. Wasn't wise at only 1-0 up.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Watch the videos people are putting online. Read the reports from fans, from neutrals. It's been Russian ultras attacking and provoking England fans all day. It was Russian fans running at women and children at the final whistle.

But, but, they booed during the Russian Anthem! /s

Cappa

Banned

Lol I've seen all the videos. I get it. Thanks. The videos in the stadium don't show any one attacking women and children by the way

King_Moc

Banned

There we go. Russian cunts. Sort yourselves our before the world cup, ffs. An utter disgrace.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

In some fairness, they're clearly worried about terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom