• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
85-mIGf2.jpg:large

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Central and Eastern European ultras are absolutely mental. They're insane.

But then again, so is the Russian riot police so it might not be too bad.

Also, can you imagine when these groups of hooligans go to the 2022 world cup in Qatar? That country has never seen anything like this before. Not just the hooligans, but even the large groups of drunk people...

Qatar doesn't allow sales of alcohol I believe.

Central and Eastern European ultras are absolutely mental. They're insane.

But then again, so is the Russian riot police so it might not be too bad.

Also, can you imagine when these groups of hooligans go to the 2022 world cup in Qatar? That country has never seen anything like this before. Not just the hooligans, but even the large groups of drunk people...

Well thankfully most of them probably don't have the money to book a flight all the way over there, and hopefully the weather and the heat will sap the fight out of the remaining ones. The silver lining of a harsh climate.

Beefy

Problem is when one country's ultras or hooligans start fighting. Then other countries idiots will want to join in and not be out done.

Hagi

I'm actually kind of hoping we (Ireland) fail to qualify for 2018....again. But really, I have no desire to see fellow fans getting the shit beaten out of them by Russian ultra's with police standing by watching.

Even if they promise absolute zero tolerance and abide by that people are going to get royally fucked. There's no winning scenario here, things are going to pop off regardless and it's not going to be pretty.

Luckily Scotland is utter shite so we won't have to worry about it. :p

amanset

Throwing flares in an opposing teams cheering section is disgusting.

We've plenty of video evidence of Russians charging and attacking the England fans.

Give us one single piece of evidence that the flare was thrown from England fans. Just one will do.

Beefy

Even if they promise absolute zero tolerance and abide by that people are going to get royally fucked. There's no winning scenario here, things are going to pop off regardless and it's not going to be pretty.

Luckily Scotland is utter shite so we won't have to worry about it. :p

Wee Strachan will get you there.

We've plenty of video evidence of Russians charging and attacking the England fans.

Give us one single piece of evidence that the flare was thrown from England fans. Just one will do.

Yeah must admit I'm not buying that, I saw plenty of flares and fireworks near the end and all were in the Russian end. Sorry but despite my hatred of English thugs and dislike of their fans in general, the Russians were clearly to blame.

Beefy

@tancredipalmeri

Apparently Russian, Polish and Ukrainian fans will all cross their path in Nice.
Hardly they will get distracted by Côte d'Azur beauty

That will end well...

amanset

Don't punish the teams

Sometimes you have to.

I'm a Coventry City fan. In 1987, about a month before my thirteenth birthday Coventry won the FA cup and thus qualified for the European Cup Winners Cup. I'd never seen Coventry play in Europe. Coventry was a fairly safe ground, they were trailblazers in making football family friendly (for example, they had the first all-seater stadium in the UK), but English teams were banned from Europe due to what happened at Hysel.

My team were most definitely punished. I as a supporter was punished. Coventry have never since qualified for Europe.

But it was the right decision.

Beefy

Sometimes you have to.

I'm a Coventry City fan. In 1987, about a month before my thirteenth birthday Coventry won the FA cup and thus qualified for the European Cup Winners Cup. I'd never seen Coventry play in Europe. Coventry was a fairly safe ground, they were trailblazers in making football family friendly (for example, they had the first all-seater stadium in the UK), but English teams were banned from Europe due to what happened at Hysel.

My team were most definitely punished. I as a supporter was punished. Coventry have never since qualified for Europe.

But it was the right decision.

Sorry we didn't let SISU buys us, so they bought you. :(

@tancredipalmeri

Apparently Russian, Polish and Ukrainian fans will all cross their path in Nice.
Hardly they will get distracted by Côte d'Azur beauty

That will end well...

Evacuate the city I reckon would be a wise move, going to be pitched battles everywhere.

Hagi

Yeah can't see it myself. Will be the usual last game heartbreak and we miss out on goal difference.

It's really an inevitability that we'll be shit and I'm okay with it.

The patron Saint who never visited England and probably didn't even exist -

How do they know what he looked like to dress up as him?

bet he never even killed a dragon

Big sports events VR only from now on.
Everybody's at home, wearing a headset.
Done.

better just playing Fifa

The patron Saint who never visited England and probably didn't even exist -

How do they know what he looked like to dress up as him?
Many European countries have adopted a patron saint who is not originally native from their country.

Your looking for a fight in the wrong place

amanset

Sorry we didn't let SISU buys us, so they bought you. :(

The weird thing is I was happy when they did, we were about 45 minutes from going under.

Now I can't help but feel that going under would have been the best thing. What's left isn't Coventry City.

dealer-

Yeah heard rumours if this is true and a Russian was responsible then it's bye bye Russia.

This is terrible, hopefully it's not true. They will have to start playing games behind closed doors. I can't remember any sustained trouble like this at previous Euros.

El Topo

This is very reminiscent of 1998. Let us all hope there will be no Daniel Nivel this time.

I can't remember any sustained trouble like this at previous Euros.

No, but the 1998 World Cup in France had similar issues, see e.g. this Wikipedia entry on the assault of Daniel Nivel by German hooligans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom