• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This is just gang mentality which yeah on the most basic of surfaces you can make a comparison to fucking ISIS of all things. I'm sure it'll be in The Sun at some point this week.

Sure the Sun & DM, will mention Brexit, refugees and ISIS at some point

Croyles

It's the biggest subculture in the UK that I don't usually follow. I tend to be the guy walking away from the stadiums on matches, but still, this is the first time I'm really tuning in and had no idea it was this bad.

It's always been this bad. I'm German and was in England during 96 and in Germany in 2006. One of the times i got punched in the neck and the other time they smashed all the car windows of my friend and then punched him in the face.

Russians have been real bad here, but sue me if I'm not surprised that english fans are involved.

Culture.

EDIT: You know, this time I feel bad putting to much blame on the English fans. The Russian hooligans were fucking atrocious.

Lol, ok then. I need to expand my vocabulary.

Currently I do "le garcon d fait du bien" and that's it :-/

Well done France.

It's pretty clear all the trouble around the ground is Russian based, but Booing national anthems doesn't help. Both countries and France too will have questions to answer, nobody is innocent in this.

What a day man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkdwjm3xBU

England up next. Gonna be a tough game.
Looking forward to it. I'm supporting the British Isles in their entirety so Ireland, N. Ireland, England and Wales games are all exciting for me and a derby at a main competition will be fun.

I think you'll win though. I'm thinking our group will be:

Wales - 9
England - 4 (Beating Slovakia)
Slovakia - 3 (Beating Russia)
Russia - 1

Scottish, I take it?

If so can I just say, as I'm a Cardiff City fan, you've got one hell of a fucking keeper in David Marshall. It's a shame he's not at the Euro's.

Yeah sadly we suffer bottle crashing syndrome, he is a great goalie and in all honesty more than carried his weight in qualifying. Now for the world cup, I live very close to our national stadium and the thought of playing England near me again is rather unpleasant.

Yeah sadly we suffer bottle crashing syndrome, he is a great goalie and in all honesty more than carried his weight in qualifying. Now for the world cup, I live very close to our national stadium and the thought of playing England near me again is rather unpleasant.

Don't worry, you'll make it...
hopefully at England's expense.

As someone not that knowledgeable with soccer tactics, whats the reasoning behind England not playing 442 with Kane and Vardy? Atletico have shown that its still a viable formation

Fdkn

I couldn't watch the 2nd half but... lmao England

Wales is going to win them so get ready for the all in vs Slovakia

painey

MXNXPaU.png

Bumhead

Banned
I mean the second option after Russia was England so it's not like it would be much of an improvement.

What utter shit.

Can always tell who actually goes to football with comments like this. Nothing brings the numpties out of their comfortable armchairs quite like a discussion about hooliganism.

If you think English people would be chasing visiting fans down back streets, or the police using tear gas and riot gear as a first response, if the tournament was held in England, then you're in absolute cloud cuckoo land.

King_Moc

Banned
Honestly most of my time there was absolutely fine. This part wasn't though. England is not alone in hooliganism, but it doesn't do it any good to deny that there is a minority of hardcore English hooligans.

I know there's a few, obviously. It's just, I probably go to a game a week and never see anything untoward, beyond singing.

Not been to an England away match. So apologies if they're a set of bellends.

Liamc723

What utter shit.

Can always tell who actually goes to football with comments like this. Nothing brings the numpties out of their comfortable armchairs quite like a discussion about hooliganism.

If you think English people would be chasing visiting fans down back streets, or the police using tear gas and riot gear as a first response, if the tournament was held in England, then you're in absolute cloud cuckoo land.

Yup, from following this thread today, it has really made me question how many posters here have actually gone to a Football match.

Syder

Yup, from following this thread today, it has really made me question how many posters here have actually gone to a Football match.
Attitudes often expressed on FootyGAF pretty much confirm that the majority are fully paid members of Armchair FC.

Uzzy

As someone not that knowledgeable with soccer tactics, whats the reasoning behind England not playing 442 with Kane and Vardy? Atletico have shown that its still a viable formation

I'd argue that it'd be very difficult to get your players drilled enough to play the kind of pressing game that Atletico play, in just the few weeks an international manager might have with them. There'd also be fatigue to worry about, it's been a long season for some of those players!

You'd also struggle to fit Rooney into a flat 4-4-2. You could play a diamond formation, but England tried that against Portugal in a pre-tournament friendly and it didn't work at all. They ended up with Vardy, Kane and Rooney just behind them all fighting for the same space, Vardy and Kane being forced wide and not having any impact on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom