• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

This is very reminiscent of 1998. Let us all hope there will be no Daniel Nivel this time.

No, but the 1998 World Cup in France had similar issues, see e.g. this Wikipedia entry on the assault of Daniel Nivel.

Already seen video on the BBC of people getting hit in the head with chairs and others getting stamped on and if this train thing is legit well we've reached a new low.

sora87

I pray that's not true, but if it is, the culprit must be found and sent down. If it is a russian then they must relocate the 2018 world cup judging by everything that's happened. Fucking hell.

Tainted

Sometimes you have to.

I'm a Coventry City fan. In 1987, about a month before my thirteenth birthday Coventry won the FA cup and thus qualified for the European Cup Winners Cup. I'd never seen Coventry play in Europe. Coventry was a fairly safe ground, they were trailblazers in making football family friendly (for example, they had the first all-seater stadium in the UK), but English teams were banned from Europe due to what happened at Hysel.

My team were most definitely punished. I as a supporter was punished. Coventry have never since qualified for Europe.

But it was the right decision.

In that case it was warranted...but docking Russia & England of points so early in the tournament is unfair on the players (not to mention the millions of fans not involved with the incident) . These incidents can be largely avoided by having stronger police presence at the stadiums to control the crowds, I just think punishing the teams is the wrong way of going about it because of fucktard ultras

Who even needs ISIS, when you have these cunts causing trouble
Yeah, it's actually hilarious. I bet half these fuck-nuggets hate immigrants and Muslims as well. It's like the EDL, used to come to towns like mine and smash up shops, attack our citizens and do so against 'radical Islam' and 'terrorism'. Twats.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
UEFA EURO 2016
@EurosUEFA
CONFIRMED: French authorities clarifying that incident at metro involved a French woman who has been hospitalised. Via British Ambassador

Beefy

@JulianKingFCO

French authorities clarifying that incident at metro involved a French woman who has been hospitalised.

Hagi

Who even needs ISIS, when you have these cunts causing trouble

UnFnF.gif

sobaka770

Banned
I pray that's not true, but if it is, the culprit must be found and sent down. If it is a russian then they must relocate the 2018 world cup judging by everything that's happened. Fucking hell.

Russia will not screw up with the World Cup, if needed we'll just bring in the army in every city, like we did in Sochi. What's the logic here anyway? Let's never host a cup in France again since they can't control the population now! You think it's so easy to move the cup, but we've already spent way too much money on building the stadiums and infrastructure to accomodate people, so do think twice before you start nationalistic profiling based on the actions of a few nutjobs. Or are we in "All Muslims are terrorists" territory already?

If someone got pushed under the train then there should be a murder investigation.
Point.

amanset

In that case it was warranted...but docking Russia & England of points so early in the tournament is unfair on the players (not to mention the millions of fans not involved with the incident) . These incidents can be largely avoided by having stronger police presence at the stadiums to control the crowds, I just think punishing the teams is the wrong way of going about it because of fucktard ultras

My point was that for Coventry it wasn't warranted.

But I accepted it because something major had to be done.

But this. No police in the stadium is just bloody ridiculous.

Russia will not screw up with the World Cup, if needed we'll just bring in the army in every city, like we did in Sochi. What's the logic here anyway? Let's never host a cup in France again since they can't control the population now! You think it's so easy to move the cup, but we've already spent way too much money on building the stadiums and infrastructure to accomodate people

you say that like Sochi wasn't an abomination. Idgaf how much money you spent on this already.

Hagi

My mind can't even begin to comprehend why people do such bullshit. Hope everyone is ok.

They enjoy kicking the shit out of other fans more than they do watching the game. It's weird because doesn't matter if you win, draw or lose these "Ultras" will still kick off. Football Factory more fact than fiction.

sora87

Russia will not screw up with the World Cup, if needed we'll just bring in the army in every city, like we did in Sochi. What's the logic here anyway? Let's never host a cup in France again since they can't control the population now! You think it's so easy to move the cup, but we've already spent way too much money on building the stadiums and infrastructure to accomodate people, so do think twice before you start nationalistic profiling based on the actions of a few nutjobs. Or are we in "All Muslims are terrorists" territory already?

If someone got pushed under the train then there should be a murder investigation.
Point.

I'm just very concerned of what might happen given if this is what a handful of russian ultras can do, there's gonna be 1000s more in 2018? Obviously I don't mean to generalize or anything and I apologize if it came across that way.

sobaka770

Banned
you say that like Sochi wasn't an abomination. Idgaf how much money you spent on this already.

And what was so abominable about Sochi organisation? In a region with quite a volatile population under threat from terrorsits attack it went pretty much without a hitch.

I'm just very concerned of what might happen given if this is what a handful of russian ultras can do, there's gonna be 1000s more in 2018? Obviously I don't mean to generalize or anything and I apologize if it came across that way.

Well Russian ultras won't go to every game, now will they? The trouble usually comes from the teams' fans. Once again, I do think that unlike France we just won't have qualms bringing in the real army if necessary to police the cities during the games, the benefits of a semi-dictatorship.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They're probably at their wits end seeing a group that burns, drowns, beheads, bludgeons and rapes people being compared to football hooligans. As shitty as they are.

I'm not really comparing them, it's just a shame regular people can't behave in a country that not long ago was targeted by terrorists

Comparing football hooligans to crazed terrorists would be silly

My mind can't even begin to comprehend why people do such bullshit. Hope everyone is ok.

Even though it has been jokingly brought up in this thread, the ISIS connection isn't that far off, just not as extreme.... usually. They are brainwashed from an early age, brought up on false ideals like loyalty and fraternity and yet... most of the hooligan leaders are actually small-time drug-dealers or just manipulating crooks that are employed by bigger crime bosses to use the rest as fodder when they are needed.

When the war in the Balkans started some of the worst paramilitary units were made up off football hooligans, because it was easy for manipulating bastards to simply transfer the notion of loyalty and fraternity to a football club to loyalty and fraternity to a nation and then crank it up to an extreme and it worked terrifyingly well.

Looool on BBC News just now live coverage from a park near Eiffell Tower. Irish fans and a Scottish fan jumping around singing "England's going home!" to the tune of THAT song lol

The thread title doesn't work though. Since 4/6 of 3rd place teams will go through, England can still easily qualify even if they struggle through.

Hagi

Even though it has been jokingly brought up in this thread, the ISIS connection isn't that far off, just not as extreme.... usually. They are brainwashed from an early age, brought up on false ideals like loyalty and fraternity and yet... most of the hooligan leaders are actually small-time drug-dealers or just manipulating crooks that are employed by bigger crime bosses to use the rest as fodder when they are needed.

When the war in the Balkans started some of the worst paramilitary units were made up off football hooligans, because it was easy for manipulating bastards to simply transfer the notion of loyalty and fraternity to a football club to loyalty and fraternity to a nation and then crank it up to an extreme and it worked terrifyingly well.

This is just gang mentality which yeah on the most basic of surfaces you can make a comparison to fucking ISIS of all things. I'm sure it'll be in The Sun at some point this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom