• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

I know there's a few, obviously. It's just, I probably go to a game a week and never see anything untoward, beyond singing.

Not been to an England away match. So apologies if they're a set of bellends.

I deleted most of my comment because honestly there should probably be a separate thread for this, but yeah generally i agree with you.

Beefy

The thing I find scary is most teams/ nations have their hooligans. The "fans" that let their team down by thinking fighting makes them a real man. But then with the Russian hooligans we have seen in France it is different.. They seem like they are militarised, some have been reported wearing armour and carrying guns. Some have even been rumoured to use tactics to splitten people from groups etc. Now that is scary shit.

Hagi

The thing I find scary is most teams/ nations have their hooligans. The "fans" that let their team down by thinking fighting makes them a real man. But then with the Russian hooligans we have seen in France it is different.. They seem like they are militarised, some have been reported wearing armour and carrying guns. Some have even been rumoured to use tactics to splitten people from groups etc. Now that is scary shit.

Russian ultras are more like hardcore organised gangs at times. Your average English diehard hooligan would shit himself. These guys don't fuck around.

The Russian hooligan problem is huge. I was chased in St.Petersburg when I just had a drink with 3 friends. Not wearing any gear, they just knew we talked in German.
I have no clue how they want to protect visiting fans in 2018.
Even fucking Poland who had a huge problem in the early 2000's got their shit together(relatively speaking) by legislations and hiring social workers who take care of violent fans.(They basically implemented Germany's system which was a success). You have to tackle those issues long before the event but Russia has done fuck all.
Throwing more police at violent thugs will just cause more riots.

Russian ultras are more like hardcore organised gangs at times. Your average English diehard hooligan would shit himself. These guys don't fuck around.

The diehard English hooligan scene is dead for almost 15 years now.

King_Moc

Banned

Yeah, I don't want to sound biased, but I've seen firsthand violence from Leeds, Cardiff. Millwall and Rotherham fans and that's it out of maybe 500 or so games (at Northampton Town games and we're talking maybe 5 or 6 games tops). But the shit I've seen here. Nope, Seems way beyond what our usual tossers would do.

JDB

Banned
Sorry A little off topic, but can I flag my Avvy?. Want a German one mates, I can't find the one I had from the years past.

jU1e637.png

EmiPrime

The diehard English hooligan scene is dead for almost 15 years now.

Yeah the "golden age" for English football firms was the 70s and 80s. Organised hooliganism was in its death throes during the 90s and other than some flash points has been non-existant since then.

I go to matches and away fans have no problems getting on the same trains as us, including fans of other London clubs and European fans in the CL. The only toxic fixture we have is the North London Derby at WHL.

antonz

Hopefully things calm down for the rest of the cup.

Really looking forward to Turkey v Croatia tomorrow morning.

Russian Sports journalist has already indicated on twitter the real fireworks have yet to begin.
Russia fans waits for Poland and Ukraine in Nizza. It will be fucking day for UEFA and France. #EURO2016

Tubie

Is it really though, there's surely a few countries that have the facilities already in place

Well there's a lot of logistics to figure out.

I think the only ones that could begin preparations right now and maybe get it done in time are either the US or England, and even for them it's cutting it real close.

keuja

How the hell those Russians hooligans even got their visas to come to France... I hope the authorities kick their asses out of there.

Tubie

How the hell those Russians hooligans even got their visas to come to France... I hope the authorities kick their asses out of there.

Do you seriously think Putin was about to deny any visas when the first game was England v Russia?

slider

Do you seriously think Putin was about to deny any visas when the first game was England v Russia?

Putin? I'm missing something I think.

Just catching up. Verging on militia?? Watch out, France. You might find part of your country annexed.

Hoping there's no more trouble.

keuja

What has Putin anything to do with it? Visas are granted by the country you want to visit so France. Group of supporters like this apply for visa in bulk. If the group they belong to is not an official one sanctioned by the Fifa or whatever, they should have been rejected after some background check. That being said they can still apply individually as tourists which makes it harder to detect...

Tubie

Putin? I'm missing something I think.

Just catching up. Verging on militia?? Watch out, France. You might find part of your country annexed.

Hoping there's no more trouble.

What has Putin anything to do with it? Visas are granted by the country you want to visit so France. Group of supporters like this apply for visa in bulk. If the group they belong to is not an official one sanctioned by the Fifa or whatever, they should have been rejected after some background check. That being said they can still apply individually as tourists which makes it harder to detect...

Ultras can always be travel banned by the country of origin, because they are the ones most likely to know who they are from local leagues.

Russia could've banned all the CSKA and Lokomotiv Ultras from traveling to the Euro, but they didn't.

slider

Ultras can always be travel banned by the country of origin, because they are the ones most likely to know who they are from local leagues.

Russia could've banned all the CSKA and Lokomotiv Ultras from traveling to the Euro, but they didn't.

Ah, fair point. It was the mention of visas that confused me.

GHG

They do, but only in designated hotels.

But for an event like this with sponsor money like this they're gonna have to loosen up those rules. FIFA is king of the world, breh.

If anybody thinks Qatar will allow drinking and this violence on the streets they are mistaken.

If this shit happens over there the British and Russian embassies will be working overtime.

keuja

So that's why France fucked up by not denying their visas at the end. They should have done their own background check.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Who made Russian and English fans populate the same stand in the first place? That's the real news here.
This.

I do not know about France and how their police operates, but here, on high-risk games, supporters of both teams are separated by fences and squadrons of riot police. And usually there is 'no man's land' in between, where neutral supporters are.

As someone not that knowledgeable with soccer tactics, whats the reasoning behind England not playing 442 with Kane and Vardy? Atletico have shown that its still a viable formation

We have quick full backs and a good distributer of the ball in the middle of the pitch.

England played very well last night, just couldn't score no matter what they did. It happens sometimes. If they can keep that up they should be ok. I certainly think that the other teams won't be more confident to play them by a long stretch after seeing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom