• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It just seems like Norn Iron are so scared of conceding a goal they're afraid to go forward. Come on fellas you can do better than this. I'm fully expecting a Poland goal soon. Scrappy as fuck.

spekkeh

Banned
Today's games don't make a particularly compelling case for an increased roster.

(As if they needed more than money as reasons)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Today's games don't make a particularly compelling case for an increased roster.

Dunno, Norn Iron is getting full marks for pure scrappiness.

Empty

feel like chanting "will griggs is on fire, your defense is terrified" for 90 mins is actually more fun than watching northern ireland play

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Not a bad first half for NI. I thought Poland were going to get the goal, but the defence is strong

Mimosa97

I love the fact that small teams like Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland etc... get a chance to compete. It means A LOT for those countries and their respective populations and well the Euro should be about celebrating Europe as a whole.

I think it's the best decision the UEFA has taken in recent memory.

I love the fact that small teams like Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland etc... get a chance to compete. It means A LOT for those countries and their respective populations and well the Euro should be about celebrating Europe as a whole.

I think it's the best decision the UEFA has taken in recent memory.

For the knock-out stage I agree but the qualifiers and group stage have lost a lot of tension with the decreased difficulty in qualifying.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
For the knock-out stage I agree but the qualifiers and group stage have lost a lot of tension with the decreased difficulty in qualifying.

The qualifiers were plenty tense for me, my fellow Scotsmen and our Dutch bros.

Hawkie

I agree, those awful teams that came through the playoffs like Ireland and Sweden should never have been allowed to qualify.

In fact, lets just make it group winners that qualify.

pbsapeer

Banned
No complaints from me for the increased roster. It's far more interesting seeing the smaller countries in the competition and makes it more magical like the FA cup. The quality of football has been fine. Can't all be games like Norwich V Liverpool last season

Every country on the planet should participate, and they should play each other home and away in knockout rounds. If a game ends in a draw, then it should go to penalties. And each penalty scored counts as a goal.

Lets liven things up abit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom