• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Nintendo Switch to get Pokémon Sun and Moon third version: Pokemon Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

Do you think that there some kind of mandate that states other companies can't develop a mainline Pokemon game or something? Nintendo is no stranger to outsourcing.

Well, Nintendo doesn't own all of Pokémon, and in fact GF co-owns the pokemon company, so that is an incredibly tricky situation.

lol get bombed sun and moon

If by "get bombed" you mean "ship 10 million copies for day one" then yeah, it'll "get bombed".

Also: This is pretty much the nail in the coffin for the idea of Switch not replacing Wii-U and 3DS. I think we all knew that already though.

Javier

Wait, wait... mainline Pokemon... on a console?!

TdJki0G.gif

Litri

It makes total sense from a planning and financial point of view and could be a VERY good reason to jump on Switch if the launch titles do not impress.

Zedark

It makes total sense from a planning and financial point of view and could be a VERY good reason to jump on Switch if the launch titles do not impress.

Yeah, and Switch already has a decent launch lineup with Skyrim and 3D Mario (and rabbid x Mario RPG lol). So that, and the promise of pokémon AND Zelda should mean Switch should be able to perform really well during the first year.

For a moment there I thought of cancelling my Sun order, but then I realised I'm too impatient to wait a whole year. I hope it has enough new content to warrant a double dip. Never played a third version.

If this is true, it's everything I'd hoped for.

Here's hoping there's another legendary distribution in the future, as I've missed all the previous ones.

720p_no_lines.jpg

Higher resolution textures and it will look quite nice.

Effect

Figured this was going to be the case but this makes it real. Can't cancel the pre-order on Amazon. Guess I'm going to refuse delivery or initate a return when it arrives. I don't like pokemon enough to double dip. Only gotten one version (when I did buy a pokemon game) outside of Red and Yellow when I was a kid. I'll just get the better version when it releases.

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah if this happens I'll just get the 3DS and Switch versions. I hope it does. More Pokemon in my life is always a good thing.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Here's hoping Fire Emblem won't wait too long to make its debut on the Switch! That, pokémon and Zelda is why I would want a Nintendo system, and the Switch will probably deliver sooner rather than later.

Im with you on that hope!

Azuran

Banned
You know what's freaking the hell out of me? All these people in this thread that call themselves Nintendo fans but haven't played a single Pokemon game.

What were you people doing in 1999?

Namikaze

It's pretty crazy how much Switch info is leaking out now. I can wait another year for HD Pokémon, especially since I haven't finished Pokémon X yet (and I got it at launch, lol).

With all these first-party big hitters in the first year, I wonder how soon we'll hear "third-parties can't compete with Nintendo" from a Publisher?

Qurupeke

You know what's freaking the hell out of me? All these people in this thread that call themselves Nintendo fans but haven't played a single Pokemon game.

What were you people doing in 1999?

Pokemon is for kids, they only play mature games like Mario and Kirby.

NSESN

With all these first-party big hitters in the first year, I wonder how soon we'll hear "third-parties can't compete with Nintendo" from a Publisher?
I think Skyrim will have more room to sell with Zelda delay
i know it isn't a true delay
so maybe not

Exactly my point. Very little reason to believe beforehand that Gamefreak would actually do something like this

The theory that has been driving this for the last 8 months or more is that this would be the first portable console that can't play the previous gen Pokemon out of the box. I don't know if 3DS BC has been officially ruled out but seems pretty obvious to me.

Peléo

I don't think the rumour will impact overall Sun & Moon sales at all. Yes, some gaffers will cancel their preorder, but the general consumer has no clue about Pokemon Stars until Nintendo officially announces it.

Fuck yeah! I figure this is probably a later 2017 release, since 3rd versions have typically come a year, or even two, after the inital duo. Not holding me back from anxiously awaiting my chance to play Moon Version tonight at all.

Also helps, because I had picked Rowlett, but also wanted to play with Litten. Now I can play on playing with Litten in Stars.

Raw64life

Was waffling on whether to get Pokemon Sun/Moon because FFXV and TLG come out so soon after it and I'm not a huge Pokemon fan. Looks like I made the right choice to avoid getting it.

NSESN

Peléo;224892909 said:
I don't think the rumour will impact overall Sun & Moon sales at all. Yes, some gaffers will cancel their preorder, but the general consumer has no clue about Pokemon Stars until Nintendo officially announces it.
And it is not like a game in 2017 holidays wasn't expected, the real news is that it is Switch exclusive
Fuck yeah! I figure this is probably a later 2017 release, since 3rd versions have typically come a year, or even two, after the inital duo. Not holding me back from anxiously awaiting my chance to play Moon Version tonight at all.

Also helps, because I had picked Rowlett, but also wanted to play with Litten. Now I can play on playing with Litten in Stars.
Samw here, i love rowlet, but i also want to play with tsareena, i like torracat and am ok with inceneroar, so it's not a vad choice for me
I still think litten is ugly, but first form are fast to evolve

Peléo;224892909 said:
Yep, exactly.

BowieZ

Banned
So maybe you can control the time of day in Stars.

Meanwhile, legendary guesses: Celesteel (Steel/Ice)? Constella (Ghost/Fairy)? Astromelta (Fire/Ice)?

Jazzem

Man, I'm genuinely considering cancelling my UK order and waiting to see if this materialises...even if the assets were exactly the same, playing this on a 720p handheld (or hopefully 1080p on TV) would be a massive leap from the 3DS's paltry res!

If it was not a sealed must-have before, there it is.

I wonder if the game will try and keep in-line with the 3DS version in presentation, or if they'll take full advantage of the hardware.

Edit: Missed that last blurb on game assets. Hopefully expectations are kept in check then, with Gamefreak going in on the hardware more in whatever follows this line up.

If you´re thinking about waiting. This is not happening on launch,

Buy Sun/Moon now and then sell it after playing through it (And depositing your ´mons in Pokebank) and you can probably sell the game for at least 30 bucks. Maybe even more, who the fuck knows. Those games do NOT drop in price at all. And then buy the switch version later on. Actually thinking about doing this now, since i´m not gonna wait this long.

Are we seriously going to get 3D Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Splatoon, a Mario RPG, Mario Kart, a Retro game, and Smash all in the first year? Holy crap. There hasn't been a year this stacked for Nintendo since 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom