• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Nintendo Switch to get Pokémon Sun and Moon third version: Pokemon Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better fix the fucking Pokémon proportions next time.
images

same here

Colosseum had the correct proportions. A double battle with 4 Wailord was a sight to behold. Hopefully the increased power will make this possible.

Neoxon

Would mobile really work for a fully fleshed-out mainline Pokémon game? It would probably be pretty pricey for an app. Maybe a port of the older games could work on mobile for cheap, but I'm not sure if the newer games would be a great fit for mobile.

noshten

I was expecting this announcement - an enhanced port for the Switch just makes too much sense and revealing details about it on the launch of Sun and Moon doesn't really hurt how much those two games sale - since there is going to be crazy 2DS/3DS bundles for Christmas.

labaronx

So Nintendo's only worthwhile releases for this holiday are the nes classic and a portable mario party? Well, at least the switch is getting another upgraded port since it didn't have enough of those.

Thats a pretty bad attitude to have before the switch event in January... Nintendo and sony seem to cater to the spring and summer months more now, why fight big 3rd party releases

im sure Nintendo probably has more

Pif

Banned
Would mobile really work for a fully fleshed-out mainline Pokémon game? It would probably be pretty pricey for an app? Maybe a port of the older games could work on mobile for cheap, but I'm not sure if the newer games would be a great fit for mobile.

Nah. 10 bucks and microtrans all over the place would do the trick.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This better be more than just the 3DS version running on switch.

Curious to see how it turns out. I wonder how well this game translates to TV.

Maxinas

This better be more than just the 3DS version running on switch.

Curious to see how it turns out. I wonder how well this game translates to TV.

They say it will be using new, separate assets from the 3ds version; expect higher resolution and cleaner textures, and hopefully more to scale pokemon models.

MuchoMalo

Banned
I have a gut feeling that the guys at Nintendo are absolutely livid right now.

Yeah, I think that at this point EG shouldn't count on attending the Switch event.

This just has to be a third version or sequel though, right? Surely EG heard wrong and they're not porting both games. There's just no way.

Edit: Okay, it is.

Here's another issue (dunno if anyone's mentioned it): does this mean that Pokemon will finally stop dicking us around, and allow multiple save files? I mean, if Nintendo wants to position the Switch as a home consoles, and most households will only have one, then won't we need multiple save files so all the kids can play the game?

Have a gut feeling to just cancel my 3ds order and wait.

But still unsure if I'm going to get a switch early.

Can always just play one version, and then play another version if this is true.

Switch became a lot more important to investors now. Will probably skip the 3ds games as I've been quite busy so might just wait on this.

Yeah, I think that at this point EG shouldn't count on attending the Switch event.

This just has to be a third version or sequel though, right? Surely EG heard wrong and they're not porting both games. There's just no way.

That's literally what the article says it is.

Fbh

Well hopefully it's true.

I don't own a 3DS anymore and handheld consoles just aren't for me. So one of the reasons I want the switch is to be able to play all Nintendo games on my TV with better graphics than the limited handheld hardware they allways use can provide.

And this seems to point and the fact that it's going to be like that

Neoxon

Read the article, it's the third version.

This'll be the first time that the console in your in-game bedroom will be the same thing you're playing the game on in real life!

Unless the console in your bedroom will still be a Wii U

If anyone is expecting this to be a big performance improvement over sun and Moon, they will be seriously disappointed. Graphics will be better but I'm sure it will still run horribly.

Have a gut feeling to just cancel my 3ds order and wait.

But still unsure if I'm going to get a switch early.

Can always just play one version, and then play another version if this is true.

Eh... Switch isn't launching until March and it's doubtful this will come on day one. The report says it was planned for summer but might be pushed back now.

Eh... Switch isn't launching until March and it's doubtful this will come on day one. The report says it was planned for summer but might be pushed back now.

Pokemon games hit every fall, with the exception of last year, I expect this won't be an exception.

noshten

If anyone is expecting this to be a big performance improvement over sun and Moon, they will be seriously disappointed. Graphics will be better but I'm sure it will still run horribly.

I don't know how the graphics will be, but Pokemon Co would be making a mistake if they half-arsed it - that's why I don't think they will.
Switch has the power to exponentially upgrade how Pokemon looks and I don't think Pokemon company can be afforded a port that doesn't enhance the game considerably.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So Gen 7 is getting a third version after all? Ouch that's gotta hurt for Zygarde and the pitiful existence that was X and Y.

Either way it just means that I will have to get a Switch day one as I need me Pokémon.

I have a gut feeling that the guys at Nintendo are absolutely livid right now.

As a European, Nintendo can suck it and I glad that Eurogamer published the story.

Dystify

I added the third version thing to the top of the OP, so maybe people won't miss it now. Yeah, it should also be in the title.

Thank goodness this news came out, now I can skip Sun and Moon and just wait for the better version. I was getting worried after X and Y didn't have a Z.

I guess
new forms of Marshadow and Necrozma
are a possibility now.

By new Pokemon, it could just mean pre-existing Pokemon being added to the game, which is nothing new for third versions/sequels.

The battle models are pretty much sorted already, since they're futureproof. The backgrounds will need work though.

Trago

Switch to sell like hotcakes confirmed.

This lineup is looking insane if we're getting all these rumored games and then some in the first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom