• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Nintendo Switch to get Pokémon Sun and Moon third version: Pokemon Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFury

Should have come up with a different name though. Stars? That's just someone else's Sun. Sun better than moon confirmed.

Ultima_5

Cuningas de Häme;224903535 said:
Those leakers will be shot down, hard.

I mean, this stuff right here is impacting Nintendo's profit from Sun/Moon because people are not bying those. They will hunt the leakers down and punish them.

They tried to swallow a fish too big, now they'll choke on it.

I am not sorry for them, have to say. They must feel important when they can read about their leaks from the internet.

Journalists are only doing their work, don't know why people are picking on them. But those leakers... Don't approve.

They are most likely from some localisation teams or the testers, because leaks are happening just now. And they are even from Japan games too. I can't believe that there's dozens upon dozens of leakers, there is absolutely some overlapping with all these reporters.

World is in a bad shape when nothing can be trusted anymore. Not liking this direction at all.

considering this is about a video game makes this post very cringy dude. relax. it will be okay

Kyoufu

This is the news I've wanted to hear. My 3DS died so this is perfect for me.

Also, mainline Pokemon on the big screen finally!

antibolo

Banned

I mean, this stuff right here is impacting Nintendo's profit from Sun/Moon because people are not bying those. They will hunt the leakers down and punish them.

I am not sorry for them, have to say. They must feel important when they can read about their leaks from the internet.

Journalists are only doing their work, don't know why people are picking on them. But those leakers... Don't approve.

They are most likely from some localisation teams or the testers, because leaks are happening just now. And they are even from Japan games too. I can't believe that there's dozens upon dozens of leakers, there is absolutely some overlapping with all these reporters.

World is in a bad shape when nothing can be trusted anymore. Not liking this direction at all.

It's just a fucking video game man.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is pretty good news! Means Nintendo is serious about this thing. Also means people can start taking the Switch a bit more seriously. Possibly.

Sun/Moon are going to sell a truckload anyway. Nintendo should be slightly happy. These leaks are the most interest Nintendo has gotten in a long, long time. =P

antibolo

Banned
Welp it looks like my nephew is going to receive a brand new copy of Sun this Christmas.

No way am I gonna play a 3DS game that will get ported to Switch later.

My understanding is they were going to release it yesterday but that was even more of a dick move.

Still, I expect Nintendo will be pissed. I already know of people who were going to get Sun/Moon but now are holding off.
It's not like the big casual market know this rumor and will all of a sudden not buy Sun/Moon.

notaskwid

Good post, I'll use it when there is another leak.

jelmerjt

TWqbaya.jpg

I'm probably still going to get this bundle, since it's only 109 euros. I still have a week to think things through though...

Pokemaniac

First, that title is terrible and clickbaity. It implies it will be more of a port than a third version which is the opposite of what the article says.

Also, have these seen the models used in the other 3DS Pokémon games? That Pikipek model is likely already in use in Sun and Moon.

Otherwise though, this, combined with the obviously cancelled Z version, is making me suspect that Sun and Moon may not have been originally planned to release on 3DS at all, and only have been due to the anniversary.

Wavebossa

All signs keep pointing to the end of Nintendo "mobile-only" console.

I'm fine with this, So many 3ds-type games i want on the switch.

Azuran

Banned
Meh. This is how news is reported in every other entertainment industry in the world. The game industry needs to be less secretive and less concerned with trying to manufacture "hype" out of every single announcement. When there's a new movie, we typically hear about it through the nameless sources via Deadline, Hollywood Reporter, or Variety writers. The game industry is the only real entertainment industry that tries to make a huge deal about something as simple as the very existence of a game.

It's fucking hilarious seeing people bitching because something got leaked lmao. Seriously, does it really make a difference how someone learns about a game? It's all the same in the end.

I enjoy leaks because there's always plenty of people saying "Now stop with the leaks so I can be surprised!" lol

Ray Down

Banned
Lol did sales of the 3DS versions just tank before they even began because of this?

Most hardcore fans aren't gonna wait, the sales of Sun/Moon on 3DS is fine because the main Pokemon audience is still on it.

What I wonder will those people jump to the switch for a 3rd version on another system. Been awhile since they bothered to do a 3rd version.

Having known about this (really obvious) news for a while and seeing people go "Gamefreak won't let Nintendo put Pokemon on a system that docks to the TV!" (you know who you are) has been fucking hilarious, btw

Machina

Banned
Having known about this (really obvious) news for a while and seeing people go "Gamefreak won't let Nintendo put Pokemon on a system that docks to the TV!" (you know who you are) has been fucking hilarious, btw

What the fuck? What possible reason would Game Freak have to take that attitude?

The Hermit

To everyone worried about Gamefreak/Nintendo here's how they are taking this news:

Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif

lol

Gamefreaks is know to be bonehead, but it literally was the only way to have a new Pokemon game.

That being said I don't expect much of a graphic improvement besides textures and resolution.
I hope next game shows some real change in the graphics department though.

NateDrake

The Zelda missing launch reactions brought me greater amusement this week.

First, that title is terrible and clickbaity. It implies it will be more of a port than a third version which is the opposite of what the article says.

Also, have these seen the models used in the other 3DS Pokémon games? That Pikipek model is likely already in use in Sun and Moon.

Otherwise though, this, combined with the obviously cancelled Z version, is making me suspect that Sun and Moon may not have been originally planned to release on 3DS at all, and only have been due to the anniversary.

Yeah the Pikipek thing seems like nonsense they're not going to be remaking all 800+ models. Textures and effects might change from the 3DS version but the 3DS/Pokemon Go models are fine.

No it will still sell extraordinarily well. Just slightly less than it otherwise would have.

Whether that's one copy or a million copies, we'll never know.

Right, and what many people don't understand is that to Nintendo, even a few thousand copies that aren't sold as a result is infuriating. They're banking on Sun and Moon making every holiday dollar it can, because what else do they have until March?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Let's hope it's as different as Yellow was to Red/Blue.

I'm all for third versions, but I loved how Yellow straight up gave you and your rival a different starter and added new characters to the story. Maybe with Ash Greninja in the game, they'll tie it into the anime again.

Azuran

Banned

Just as hilarious as the people exclaiming "CALLED IT I'M SO FUCKING SMART!!!!" because Nintendo is *GASP* releasing a Pokemon game on a handheld system of theirs.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Game Freak should have capped Gen 6 off properly with a Z version, or an X2/Y2 rather than releasing Sun/Moon on the 3DS. That way Gen 6 gets the redemption it deserves, Zygarde's plot gets properly wrapped up in the generation it was introduced, and the next generation would start on the Switch.

I'm glad a Pokemon TV experience is finally happening but I'm not too hot about the idea of them jumping platforms mid-Gen.

I'll double-dip. I've been waiting for Sun and Moon for soooo many months and today was going to be the highlight of my week. Still will be. It's too late to go back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom