• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I was hoping to snag this as I like the steel cover, but I didn't know it was € 100. Would have bitten at € 80.

Edit: And it's gone!

mediamarkt had it for...69€? or was it 79? IIRC 69,90€. I hope amazon will follow them with the price.

got it. thanks. If amazon price matches I'll cancel my pre-order at saturn.de

sphinx

the piano man
so I am stuck with 2 preorders, one is 95 euro the other 99 euro

30 euros more than retail price, ridiculous,

I swear if they don't price-match I'll cancel both, enough with this fucking nonsense, not worth it for some useless memorabilia

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
so I am stuck with 2 preorders, one is 95 euro the other 99 euro

30 euros more than retail price, ridiculous,

I swear if they don't price-match I'll cancel both, enough with this fucking nonsense, not worth it for some useless memorabilia

100 for mini snes
100 for metroid special edition

Get fucked amazon 😍😍😍

HIR0

Anyone have a spare pre-order they would be willing to let go to an Australian? I would cover all shipping costs involved.
I missed out on Amazon.de and Saturn (was going to use a 3rd party shipping service for this one)

Forgive me if begging is not permitted.

Metroid

Germany here, does anyone have one extra copy preordered? What are the chances they will become available againt? It's a long time until September,

Koizito

Neo Member
Sometimes living in a country where pretty much no one cares about Nintendo has its advantages... I rarely find anyone who has played any Nintendo franchise (outside of pokemon)...

But at least most special editions stay for months on the shelf here, while in other places they were sold out almost as soon as they were available...

Pretty confident I will still be able to get one of these... :)

LiK

Sometimes living in a country where pretty much no one cares about Nintendo has its advantages... I rarely find anyone who has played any Nintendo franchise (outside of pokemon)...

But at least most special editions stay for months on the shelf here, while in other places they were sold out almost as soon as they were available...

Where do you live

Shiggy

That had normally also been the case in Germany. Had no problem finding/preordering other Nintendo LEs around release. Here it looks different.

Koizito

Neo Member
That had normally also been the case in Germany. Had no problem finding/preordering other Nintendo LEs around release. Here it looks different.

I didn't explain myself properly. Even when the LE get sold out online, there are 3 or 4 retailers that will have a bunch of copies on their shelves for quite some time.

It has happened to me before. I had times when I wasn't able to get a copy, only to find several at the physical store. Other times I do get one, with all the hassle it causes, but when I go to the stores after the release, lo and behold, copies everywhere.

So my confidence is still intact. :p

sphinx

the piano man
They don't have country selection so assume only germany

this is a very low profile store so chances of international shipping were very low.

I could go now to tell some support chatpartner at coolshop.de to price-match my order but fuck them, I don't want to deal with them, will cancel the preorder when the time comes.

I did send amazon.de a notice that they should price match, twice already, with saturn.de but it was already sold out and with this avilia.de thing, while it's still running. hopefully amazon reconsiders for everyone.

but all things said, fuck both of them, they are scum worse than scalpers.

I will buy at avilia and support lesser outlets with fair prices while I am at it.

EDIT: Also, they seem to be very consumer friendly when you read their "Vorbestellung" link (it's in german of course)

https://www.avilia.de/information.php?content=vorbestellung

sphinx

the piano man
I just had that rude service experience with the Amazon.de chat, lol. They won't price match.

what did they say?

I didn't go to a chat there, I just sent info to links and prices under the "Produktinformation" area

Not the most reliable shop, but still woth a shot. Just don't expect to get it for 100%.

you have experience with them? mind sharing a bit about it?

EDIT: Also, Avilia preorder is gone :O damn...

what did they say?

The usual phrases. "You get the cheapest price by pre-ordering; We never do price matching, because our prices are so good yada yada" Nothing useful. But the woman sounded pissed. Looks like I wasn't the first one, lol.

I didn't go to a chat there, I just sent info to links and prices under the "Produktinformation" area

Never worked for me. Tried it dozen of times.

you have experience with them? mind sharing a bit about it?

EDIT: Also, Avilia preorder is gone :O damn...

They canceled two Nintendo LEs of mine due delivering issues from their source. Typical overselling scenario. From what I heard they are pretty decent for standard copies, most of the time cheapier than other shops, but not all games arrive on release date.

Yeah the times of amazon.de price matching anything are over. They're not in the position having to do it any more, I'm afraid. This said, of course they still get like 90% of my gaming stuff orders even if the price isn't too attractive (Snes mini and now the Metroid LE). Guess I'm part of the problem.

WolfStark

Amazon does match prices, just recently they followed MediaMarkt as they had the N3DS XL for 139 Euro and afterwards again as they had Fire Emblem Echoes for 29,99 Euro. It's not uncommon that Amazon is adjusting the price but of course the times where someone could show them "look XY has price Z for product A" are long over and I think it's understandable too. But what I don't understand is why the Mini SNES and now the Metroid LE are 100 Euro, thirty Euro over the original price. And no, I am not going there, that's just way too much and scalping on a whole new level. I really hope Amaon is going to adjust the price to 70 Euro and used it only as a placeholder.

I managed to grab the LE now from MediaMarkt, Saturn and Amazon but I think I will cancel MediaMarkt and Amazon, especially if Amazon is not going to reduce the price. But the time that it went online on Amazon today is weird. It was so early, isn't it usually later in the afternoon?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Why Germany is always ahead among EU countries in terms of nintendo products availability?
Is it because of NOE being based in Germany?

Why Germany is always ahead among EU countries in terms of nintendo products availability?

Likely because they're the biggest market?

List of European countries by population (2014 numbers):

Germany 82,652,256
France 64,641,279
United Kingdom 63,489,234
Italy 61,070,224
Spain 47,066,402
Ukraine 44,941,303
Poland 38,220,543
Romania 21,640,168
Netherlands 16,802,463
Belgium 11,144,420
Greece 11,128,404
Czech Republic 10,740,468
Portugal 10,610,304
Hungary 9,933,173
Sweden 9,631,261
Serbia 9,468,378

I believe ever since the DS Germany became a very big market for Nintendo, especially when it came to handhelds.
So Nintendo focusing on Germany first might not be all that surprising (their headquarters being based in Frankfurt may be another factor).

Top Bottom