• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

TheMoon

I believe ever since the DS Germany became a very big market for Nintendo, especially when it came to handhelds.
So Nintendo focusing on Germany first might not be all that surprising (their headquarters being based in Frankfurt may be another factor).

That started long long long long long before the DS.

sphinx

the piano man
They canceled two Nintendo LEs of mine due delivering issues from their source. Typical overselling scenario. From what I heard they are pretty decent for standard copies, most of the time cheapier than other shops, but not all games arrive on release date.

did they at least officially cancel and apologize to you or did they just forget you placed a preorder?

also did you learn about the cancellation in a reasonable time frame? was it before the release dates of the games you were trying to buy?

Vespa

3KiOfpE.jpg

did they at least officially cancel and apologize to you or did they just forget you placed a preorder?

also did you learn about the cancellation in a reasonable time frame? was it before the release dates of the games you were trying to buy?

Both times I got an email a few days before release. Not great, but it could be worse.

Raitaro

It was for a VERY short while. I saw the pre order button a minute ago. But it was gone after I refreshed seconds later.

Seriously, this shit is getting ridiculous!

After barely getting in some SNES Classic preorders through sheer luck of seeing the direct link to Amazon.de that someone on Gaf posted, being unsure if Saturn will be able to get me the new Metroid amiibo that I preordered in a local store after quite some effort, and having to resort to PlayAsia (and the damned customs charges their stuff always comes with...) to get my hands on a few Zelda amiibo finally because they are sold out everywhere except on Ebay, now this special edition is gone before I could notice.

Why is Nintendo so intent on making their fans feel utter frustration and desperation because they can't get the things they'd love to buy? It's almost humanly impossible to be on time or these things when you can't be glued to a screen 24/7 to compete with professional, internationally operating scalpers and when mere minutes is enough for items to disappear as a result. Sigh...

JordanKZ

I have resorted to setting alerts on Nintendo of Europe's twitter feed, as they tend to immediately put information up about when things are on sale on their store.

On the downside, I'm now getting hot notifications when they retweet about nonsense.

I have resorted to setting alerts on Nintendo of Europe's twitter feed, as they tend to immediately put information up about when things are on sale on their store.

On the downside, I'm now getting hot notifications when they retweet about nonsense.

You can turn off retweet notifications from the desktop site.

Koren

Likely because they're the biggest market?
Unless I'm mistaken, France is a larger market than Germany for Wii U, and I would expect the difference for 3DS wouldn't be large.

Still, the difference of this LE between France and Germany seems tremendous (especially if the 1500 units for France is correct), and I'm under the feeling that it has been the same for Amiibos (I've imported several amiibos from Germany, after not being able to find them in France)

Maxrunner

Well I managed to make a reservation with no confirmation if they will even get the legacy edition at all on mediamarkt Portugal.

Koren

I'm at 107 with shipping to Spain :/
Well, Germany VAT is 19%, France is 20%, Spain is 21%. Add in 5-6€ for shipping (which is REALLY low, most of my german orders are 15-25€), that gives you 107.

If you get the product VAT-Free, that's probably because you're outside of EEC, and customs may apply. Since it's usually VAT + VAT on Shipping (I still don't understand this one?) + custom fees, and that's usually 30-35%, I'm actually glad we don't have to think about customs...

What are the chances the amazon.de preorder price drop to the actual MSRP? I'll pay 100 euros if there's no alternative other than scalpers but I won't like it.

CuNi

What are the chances the amazon.de preorder price drop to the actual MSRP? I'll pay 100 euros if there's no alternative other than scalpers but I won't like it.

I'm going to wait a month or so and then try and talk to Amazon/Coolshop about the price. I might ask someone here to send me a screen of his MediaMarkt confirmation and try to push my luck as far as I can.

sphinx

the piano man

I think I will just hope that my third preorder, the one with avilia.de passes through and I get it for a fair price.

I've been thinking and I absolutely refuse to pay €100 eu for this or any game, no matter how rare and special is its edition.

if avilia does not fullfil my preorder and amazon and coolshop stay at the prices they are now, I'll cancel all and will just buy a regular game.

I want it but not at any price, I refuse to give those assholes €30 for free, just because.

Maxrunner

They had a price even though they don't know if they'll get this edition? Did you just went to the store and asked for it?
They have it on they're system database but they can't confirm if Nintendo will send any to the Portuguese branch. They did confirm that I will get a Snes classic though. And yes I went to the store. The Portuguese website is way beyond late for matching the other countries. Are you Portuguese ?

Hedera

They have it on they're system database but they can't confirm if Nintendo will send any to the Portuguese branch. They did confirm that I will get a Snes classic though. And yes I went to the store. The Portuguese website is way beyond late for matching the other countries. Are you Portuguese ?
Yeah, the portuguese online store is pretty atrocious. Hopefully it improves. Thanks for the info, I may stop by one and see what they can do. That's a pretty good price too.

Maxrunner

Yeah, the portuguese online store is pretty atrocious. Hopefully it improves. Thanks for the info, I may stop by one and see what they can do. That's a pretty good price too.

Maybe you get lucky. But if you do preorder I can tell you'll be the third on the list. :)

To get hold of Nintendo Limited Editions is getting on my nerves.Also, what's up with stores letting us play more than the standard price? This sucks.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I think I will just hope that my third preorder, the one with avilia.de passes through and I get it for a fair price.

I've been thinking and I absolutely refuse to pay €100 eu for this or any game, no matter how rare and special is its edition.

if avilia does not fullfil my preorder and amazon and coolshop stay at the prices they are now, I'll cancel all and will just buy a regular game.

I want it but not at any price, I refuse to give those assholes €30 for free, just because.

Aye

TheMoon

I'm going to wait a month or so and then try and talk to Amazon/Coolshop about the price. I might ask someone here to send me a screen of his MediaMarkt confirmation and try to push my luck as far as I can.

Coolshop doesn't price match unless it's something that is in-stock. It's a waste of time. That ship has sailed.

Rodolink

Getting tired of this "blink of an eye" preorders, you really have to be lucky to nab one, amiibos, snes classic, this.

Getting tired of this "blink of an eye" preorders, you really have to be lucky to nab one, amiibos, snes classic, this.

Yep. I've completely given up on Amiibos, and have 3 SNES mini preorders because I'm paranoid they won't make as many as they've told stores they will and there'll be cancellations.

Honestly how one company can make such consistently good products, but always fuck up their distribution and give their customers the finger always amazes me

I remember with some Smash Amiibos a year or two ago where Nintendo UK released preorders in batches & tweeted the time & date that they would be available from.

Would be really useful if they adopted this format going forward for limited editions etc so at least folks wanting to have a chance of buying knew when to log on & be around.

Would piss me off if I missed out on the preorders opening cos I was out grabbing some lunch or in the bog.

ToonLink

I decided to cancel my coolshop pre-order. I don't want my money being held hostage until it releases, and if I'm honest, I don't want to pay that much, either. I'll see if Amazon.de drops the price, or I'll cancel that pre-order, too.

I'll pre-order it for the actual price on GAME/Amazon UK/Nintendo UK or pass on it.

I decided to cancel my coolshop pre-order. I don't want my money being held hostage until it releases, and if I'm honest, I don't want to pay that much, either. I'll see if Amazon.de drops the price, or I'll cancel that pre-order, too.

I'll pre-order it for the actual price on GAME/Amazon UK/Nintendo UK or pass on it.

Yeah after sleeping on it if amazon.de doesn't drop I'm gonna cancel it too

CuNi

Sure thing; I also considered getting it and selling i here at about cost plus shipping, but I'm not sure anyone would want to pay 110+ euros for it

Actually, afaik there was a guy in here that posted that he ordered it to be shipped to US.
So he gladly payed about 110€+ for the gimmicks only as the game wont work for him over there. I can bet there are enough people to pay that price if they get it later on.

Top Bottom