• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

LiK

they can always keep the game sealed and sell it back to someone in EU-PAL land to get back some of money spent

Yea, I've bought a lot of LEs I couldn't play for the other goodies. Always easy to just resell the sealed game for retail price or less,

KHlover

Banned
I'm curious how many people from the US will order it knowing they can't play the actual game.

Though I guess Wario64 hasn't alerted it on Twitter yet so there's also that.
Isn't it a cakewalk to install CFW on 3DS by now? 3DS has had homwbrew that enables you to play region-locked games for ages, so unless Nintendo somehow blocked that it shouldn't be hard to play the game on a US 3DS.

Shiggy

they can always keep the game sealed and sell it back to someone in EU-PAL land to get back some of money spent

I think we just have more stock than them.

we always have more stock than .es .it. .fr and .co.uk

just my impression

EDIT: it's gone now, congrats everyone who made it!

More than .es and .it for sure, .co.uk also (most LEs in the UK seem to go to the official store and GAME). Within Germany, Amazon.de gets less than than Saturn and Media Markt though.

Isn't it a cakewalk to install CFW on 3DS by now? 3DS has had homwbrew that enables you to play region-locked games for ages, so unless Nintendo somehow blocked that it shouldn't be hard to play the game on a US 3DS.

Installing CFW can get you banned for online play, I think.

LAA

Metroid/Samus amiibo are in stock at Amazon.de?
Just pre-ordered them now, but pricy, works out at £20 per amiibo...which is double the price I'm used to.
Not holding my breath these will be cancelled though. As usual still waiting for UK to do anything.

CuNi

If you buy everything in a seperate order, you have to keep in mind that since they are under 30€, you have to pay the mailing fee if you dont have Prime.

I asked them if they can group my orders and they said they can't, but were nice enough to cancel out the fee from all shipments. Good guy Amazon. Still hurts to have around 260€ on hold now for 2 LE's and 2 Amiibos :<

KHlover

Banned
More than .es and .it for sure, .co.uk also (most LEs in the UK seem to go to the official store and GAME). Within Germany, Amazon.de gets less than than Saturn and Media Markt though.

Installing CFW can get you banned for online play, I think.
I've never heard of anyone getting banned for that unless they used it to play pirated games online.

AllEchse

Of course I oversleep on the day it gets online on amazon.de.
Maybe I am just a little paranoid about my coolshop order.
Hopefully they'll pricematch mediamarkt.
Atleast I got the Amiibos in, although 20€ is pricey.

TheMoon

and the main language is english. right..

Yes, actually.

Of course I oversleep on the day it gets online on amazon.de.
Maybe I am just a little paranoid about my coolshop order.
Hopefully they'll pricematch mediamarkt.
Atleast I got the Amiibos in, although 20&#8364; is pricey.

They don't price match unless it's something that is in-stock.

Great... And why can't I find shit on Amazon when I search for it? People mentioned that the amiibos are available on amazon.de but I can't for the life of me find any of them.

They had been linked in this thread multiple times, though.

Koren

Shite, I'm guessing it's sold out everywhere in the UK then? Has it been on the Nintendo uk store?

Wait for a confirmation, but I believe it hasn't been listed yet neither on Amazon UK nor on the Nintendo Store. Maybe Game has preorder closed, but I'm not even sure.

Macka

I wish I could just put CFW on my 3DS to play this EU copy, but I'm afraid it would cause too many issues later on down the road if Nintendo actually allow certain games to be transferred to the Switch. Namely my Ambassador and Virtual Console games.

I swear, the worst decision I ever made was buying an American 3DS. I was sick of the constant delays on games coming to Australia during the DS/Wii era. And then everything freaking changed overnight and Nintendo started launching games in Australia first in many cases. So for years I've been stuck having to wait weeks for games to arrive from overseas, and had to order a New3DS XL from the US as well (which ended up much more expensive than buying locally) because I wouldn't be able to do a system transfer otherwise.

I've had to order this EU Legacy Edition and an American standard edition lol.

13ruce

Banned
Hmmm hard choice the Odyssey amiibo or the Metroid ones.

The Mario ones look cool but i already have a peach like 3 marios, Luigi, Bowser jr and Bowser.

Squishy Metroid and that omg Samus......

As a student with a budget what should i do? I can only afford 1 set.
I like both franchises equally but i already own alot of Mario Amiibo (like 7-8) and only Zero Suit Samus and Normal Samus. And i have like 8 links lol so i kinda already wanted to cut down on having multiple same characters but this samus one is my favorite design of her, and that metroid looks freaking cool.

So wich would be more rare and should i choose based on this the Mario ones or the Metroid?

CuNi

Hmmm hard choice the Odyssey amiibo or the Metroid ones.

The Mario ones look cool but i already have a peach like 3 marios, Luigi, Bowser jr and Bowser.

Squishy Metroid and that omg Samus......

As a student with a budget what should i do? I can only afford 1 set.
I like both franchises equally but i already own alot of Mario Amiibo (like 7-8) and only Zero Suit Samus and Normal Samus. And i have like 8 links lol so i kinda already wanted to cut down on having multiple same characters but this samus one is my favorite design of her, and that metroid looks freaking cool.

So wich would be more rare and should i choose based on this the Mario ones or the Metroid?

you could get the Metroid Amiibo, if you already have Zero Suit Samus and Normal Samus, do you really need a 3rd Samus? Get the Metroid so you have different Amiibos (if you get them for looks only) and then you could buy 1 more Mario Amiibo. If you live in EU that is, since US has them bundled afaik.

Phew, wipes brow. Cheers guys, figured I'd missed the UK pre-orders. I've got the Figma pre-ordered for later on this year, that Metroid amibo looks like it'll go perfectly along side it.

you could get the Metroid Amiibo, if you already have Zero Suit Samus and Normal Samus, do you really need a 3rd Samus? Get the Metroid so you have different Amiibos (if you get them for looks only) and then you could buy 1 more Mario Amiibo. If you live in EU that is, since US has them bundled afaik.

BTW the metroid amiibo are avilable separately.

Phew, wipes brow. Cheers guys, figured I'd missed the UK pre-orders. I've got the Figma pre-ordered for later on this year, that Metroid amibo looks like it'll go perfectly along side it.

The only thing that has happened is the Metroid Samus returns limited edition has bee put up and sold out in Germany. Nothing about the UK yet.

WhatNXt

Man, as much as I like and want this - €100 / £80+ is crazy. If it were attached to a new mainline game or Prime game I might bite.

are UK sites still yet to put this up?

RRockman

Banned
I got the notification, at 4 in the morning my time. On a work day. I'm almost ready to give up. What sites are left?

Man, as much as I like and want this - €100 / £80+ is crazy. If it were attached to a new mainline game or Prime game I might bite.

are UK sites still yet to put this up?

Nope not yet.

I would probably check Nintendo UK and GAME. I doubt that amazon UK will get it. The only recent limited edition that wasn't exclusive was fire emblem echos.

-shadow-

Man waiting for bol.com to eventually potentially putting it up is such a mess. I missed Nedgame by a few minutes while two of my friends managed to score it. At the GameMania I was told he's not taking orders because of the fact that they don't know a thing yet. Man this edition is a disaster...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nope not yet.

I would probably check Nintendo UK and GAME. I doubt that amazon UK will get it. The only recent limited edition that wasn't exclusive was fire emblem echos.

Breath of the Wild wasn't exclusive. Neither was Twilight Princess HD's.

It's a bit inconsistent. So it's still worth keeping an eye on Amazon UK.

Top Bottom