• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

dgco86

If anyone ordered from El Corte Ingles (Limited Edition and/or amiibos), check your orders... because mine were canceled without any warning.

I just called them and they'll contact me tomorrow.

Estimado Sr. dgco86:

Nos ponemos en contacto con usted para comunicarle que, debido a una incidencia, no
ha quedado tramitado su pedido número 1234567890, por lo que tendría que realizar nuevamente su compra.

Le expresamos nuestras más sinceras disculpas por todos los inconvenientes que le hayamos
podido ocasionar.

Aprovechamos la ocasión para agradecer la confianza depositada en nuestros servicios.

Atentamente,

Welp.

canocha

They're saying that there was an error and didn't process your order and that you should order again... funny fuckers!

It's out of stock.

So Nintendo sent my FE stickers. These aren't actually worth anything to anyone are they? I can safely give them to my daughter without finding out they sell for hundreds of pounds on the darkweb or whatever, yeah?

Coolshop pricematched me with Thalia too.
Coolshop Chat said:
When the payment is charged (when the shipment is sent to you) we will only charge 65,99 eur :)
You can click on the email button below and you will get a copy of this chat to your email.
I'm not sure if your order details will show the new price, but when you get the receipt you will see the correct amount
And the extra in the payment reservation will be automatically released by PayPal

CuNi

Also matched with Thalia. Was before already down to 69,99€ but hey.. Thats 4 more € :D! (Cheap ass student here)

sphinx

the piano man
Also, just a heads-up

Thalia.de took down their listing,

the link we have some posts ago takes you to their main site.

I am actually curious as to whether they'll ship that many.

Shiggy

gone

also, why the fuck was amazon.de 99.99??

I'll never understand.

Amazon.de isn't exactly cheap. They also charged 99.99 for the SNES Mini, they charged 10 EUR more for the NES Mini, they charged 10 EUR more for the Fire Emblem Echoes LE, they charge 10 EUR more for the Pokemon US/UM Dual Edition and 5 EUR more for the fan editions, they charge 20 EUR more for the pink/green joy-cons...

I get all my stuff for less at Media Markt/Saturn. Once you stock up on gift cards during their yearly promotion, you can even get 15-20% discount on all your purchases.

Coolshop canceled my pre-order today. They won't get nearly as much editions as promised. I wouldn't be surprised if this was only the beginning and other shops will follow soon.

I'm pretty sure GAME UK and Thalia will cancel orders.

I think Thalia is 100% certain, they allways oversell. Once in a while you are lucky, but most of the time your pre-order will get cancelled too.

Oh, Avillia also sent out cancellations. As expected.

And yeah, Amazon.de is terrible with Nintendo stuff. Since the moment Nintendo of Europe dropped MSRP for Europe, Amazon.de went crazy and charged more for everything from them. (Though it's not limited to Nintendo - Sony stuff is also more expensive here in comparison to France, Spain, the UK etc.) Because they can. All people still buy there, not without a reason. Amazon.de is probably the best place to get your stuff without any fear of cancellations.

The other big player, Saturn and Media Markt, are cheapier, but sometimes a hit and miss. I had bad luck with them a few times in the last years. Never with Amazon.

sphinx

the piano man
both my Coolshop and Avilia preorders are still there, no cancellation emails and both say "in Bearbeitung" and/or "Akzeptiert".... maybe next week?

Can you guys still see when you placed your coolshop preorders?

if you click on "Mein Profil" and then "Meine Bestellungen", in the upleft corner it says day and exact minute when it was placed.

mine is 30. June 2017, 17:04

or maybe you can look what hour you got your confirmation email? as for avilia, I received their confirmation email on 05. July,16:00 (very exact)

TheMoon

both my Coolshop and Avilia preorders are still there, no cancellation emails and both say "in Bearbeitung" and/or "Akzeptiert".... maybe next week?

Can you guys still see when you placed your coolshop preorders?

if you click on "Mein Profil" and then "Meine Bestellungen", in the upleft corner it says day and exact minute when it was placed.

mine is 30. June 2017, 17:04

or maybe you can look what hour you got your confirmation email? as for avilia, I received their confirmation email on 05. July,16:00 (very exact)

coolshop:
30. Juni 2017 17:10

I'd have guessed they'd cancel the ones that price-matched first over those that didn't. :p

sphinx

the piano man
I'd have guessed they'd cancel the ones that price-matched first over those that didn't. :p

mine is price-matched too :p I really expected a cancellation email after I saw today's posts here

30. Juni 2017 21:34 for Coolshop. I guess you are safe then. Keep fingers crossed.

I fairly certain that site must have gone up 17:00.

the site/listing wasn't working about 5 minutes before I placed my order, I was checking it.

Kiter

Neo Member
My coolshop order is "Akzeptiert" as well. Missed out on the pricematching but oh well..
I also preordered on thalia.de and they updated the shipping date of my order to 30.09.
I wonder what that means for my preorder lol.

CuNi

I got my coolshop order in on 17:11, price matched to Thalia and still running, no cancelation! Hope you guys get no more cancelation! :)

Shiggy

The Japanese disc cover looks superior:
img-package01.png

jelmerjt

Wait. Does this mean that they also don't get the legacy edition Europe is getting?

Nope the Legacy Edition is now 100% Europe exclusive.

People in Japan can now pre order the special edition and amiibo by the way:

Special edition:

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/CTR_R_A9AJ.html

Special edition (without the game):

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/CTR_A_A9AJ.html

Amiibo:

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/NVL_C_ARAA.html

https://store.nintendo.co.jp/item/NVL_C_ARAB.html

Shiggy

Media Markt just informed me about this, after I asked whether they will be able to deliver it:
"Die Abholung ist voraussichtlich am 31.12.17."

So they also sold more than they get. You only get this information if you directly ask them, on their online store there's no notification about this.

Edit: Nevermind, the original order confirmation said the same, so maybe there's still hope.

Media Markt just informed me about this, after I asked whether they will be able to deliver it:
"Die Abholung ist voraussichtlich am 31.12.17."

So they also sold more than they get. You only get this information if you directly ask them, on their online store there's no notification about this.

Edit: Nevermind, the original order confirmation said the same, so maybe there's still hope.

Well when i ordered at Media Markt it also had 31.12 for long time as release and now its 14.09. and shipping when available.

Fingers crossed.

Shiggy

Well when i ordered at Media Markt it also had 31.12 for long time as release and now its 14.09. and shipping when available.

Fingers crossed.

That's what it says on their website for me also, so not sure why their Abholbestaetigung still says 31.12.

So now they just said:
vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Wir möchten Sie noch um etwas Geduld bitten.
Der Hersteller teilt uns den genauen Liefertermin noch mit

"We don't know what our logistics department is doing"

TheMoon

That's what it says on their website for me also, so not sure why their Abholbestaetigung still says 31.12.

So now they just said:

"We don't know what our logistics department is doing"

:D

just curious: did you select pay on pick-up? I went and prepayed with paypal this time (usually doing pick-up as well but wasn't sure if I would be home during that week). my date is still at 14.9.

Shiggy

:D

just curious: did you select pay on pick-up? I went and prepayed with paypal this time (usually doing pick-up as well but wasn't sure if I would be home during that week). my date is still at 14.9.

Pay on pick-up, yup.

Where are you looking? This you can only get via email:

And I'd be surprised if it said 14.9. on that for you.

TheMoon

Pay on pick-up, yup.

Where are you looking? This you can only get via email:

And I'd be surprised if it said 14.9. on that for you.

my bad, I used Saturn.

my mail says ready for pick-up/delivery: 15.9. (the website overview says rls date is 14.9., I guess that's normal for when their warehouse ships out stuff a day before street date)

msrsatx8ugh.jpg

Shiggy

my bad, I used Saturn.

my mail says ready for pick-up/delivery: 15.9. (the website overview says rls date is 14.9., I guess that's normal for when their warehouse ships out stuff a day before street date)

msrsatx8ugh.jpg

Makes sense, Media Markt had it originally listed for a release on 31.12, they only changed it to 14.9. later on the site. Apparently their logistics system still has the 31.12. date though.

Saturn listed the correct date right from the start.

TheMoon

Makes sense, Media Markt had it originally listed for a release on 31.12, they only changed it to 14.9. later on the site. Apparently their logistics system still has the 31.12. date though.

Saturn listed the correct date right from the start.

also the correct UPC^^

sphinx

the piano man
Longshot, but I really only want the pin, would someone be willing to sell it to me? Living in the US. You can PM me

Don't suppose anyone ordered extra and willing to sell near retail?

just a hint,

there are still almost two months to go before anyone here with a pre-order can be 100% sure that their pre-orders will go through and wont be cancelled.

I suggest waiting til mid-september and then see if anyone got more than one and are willing to sell.

Top Bottom