• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European special edition of Metroid: Samus Returns fully revealed

Fuck a duck! This would have to happen the day I had a fire drill at work and thus wasn't able to check my phone for the entire time it was available!

I mean sure, I've already got an order with Game and German Amazon, but I don't trust one and the others overpriced, so I'd have cancelled both for a Nintendo UK preorder.

Fuck a duck! This would have to happen the day I had a fire drill at work and thus wasn't able to check my phone for the entire time it was available!

I mean sure, I've already got an order with Game and German Amazon, but I don't trust one and the others overpriced, so I'd have cancelled both for a Nintendo UK preorder.
Mate, you'll probably get one of those. It's people like this with a gazillion preorders (not to mention the dodgy scalpers) that are making it harder for the people that legitmately want to order one.

Mate, you'll probably get one of those. It's people like this with a gazillion preorders (not to mention the dodgy scalpers) that are making it harder for the people that legitmately want to order one.

I know! It's just what can you do with how fucked up the supply of these things is?

I don't trust game even slightly, and I'd have not ordered from Amazon.de if it'd been any other companies limited edition, but if you really want something Nintendo have decided to deliberately make far fewer of than there's demand for, it's just a sensible approach to take, even if it is exacerbating the problem.

I know! It's just what can you do with how fucked up the supply of these things is?

I don't trust game even slightly, and I'd have not ordered from Amazon.de if it'd been any other companies limited edition, but if you really want something Nintendo have decided to deliberately make far fewer of than there's demand for, it's just a sensible approach to take, even if it is exacerbating the problem.
The thing is, given that it's Metroid there probably isn't that much demand for it. Yes, Nintendo will be lowballing it, but it's probably that Metroid community that's driving up the scarcity.

Peagles

I'll happily take a chance on a Game preorder if someone wants to not cancel theirs.

That is saying something too cos Game ugh...

Not recently,they rarely mess up smaller releases any way . I alwyas get LE's and CE's on time.

Nintendo store is run by Zavvi/The Hut group who I've never had an order go wrong with but they have the same stigma attached.

They notorious for cancelling orders for sale items or not shipping orders on time. I pre-ordered some Pop Vinyl figures in September for a Jan release, I ordered 5, 2 were two weeks late, one 6 weeks late and one 3 months late. The fifth was cancelled when OOS across all UK and I still not found it except scalper prices.

That's their own storefronts though, perhaps Nintendo demand better stock control of them.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Was in GAME today and they told me that none of the shops have been allocated any stock, she could have just been bullshitting me however she did say she wanted to order it herself but couldn't because of this.

Draw your own conclusions I guess, don't shoot the messenger.

That's their own storefronts though, perhaps Nintendo demand better stock control of them.

They absolutely do!

I've only ever had one order messed up from them which (IIRC) was the first time they started shipping games. It was MK8 on the Wii U. Because I didn't receive it on launch day, I got an email with an e-shop code to download the game so I didn't have to wait for the physical copy to show up in the mail. So in the end I ended up with two copies of the game!

(And on a side note, that was when there was a "Buy MK8, get a free Wii U game" promo going on, so I ended up getting two free games to boot!)

Ah, missed it!

Guys, if any of you have multiple orders and haven't cancelled your second, please let me know as I'd love to own it as a big Metroid fan.

I don't want to go bothering everyone from that last few pages that have 2 orders but if you do, please let me know and I'll do everything I can to make it as painless as possible.

Cheers

canocha

If anyone ordered from El Corte Ingles (Limited Edition and/or amiibos), check your orders... because mine were canceled without any warning.

I just called them and they'll contact me tomorrow.

sphinx

the piano man
Ok, again, I hope this is a better option than Coolshop.de

This can be preordered in this german store www.technikdirekt.de

here is the link to the listing, the listing seems brand new, it's likely it wasn't there today earlier: https://www.technikdirekt.de/detail/index/sArticle/91263?sPartner=VKNR_483

(EDIT: clicking that link from this post seems to take you somewhere else, if it fails, try https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/5623088_-metroid-samus-returns-legacy-edition-3ds.html and then click on "Zum Shop" on the green block)

it does seem to ship to other EU countries and you can change the language of the site to english and french.

price for germans is 74 euro (they charge like 5.99 euro for shipping)

It let's you get through with pre-ordering, I succesfully placed an order, in Germany we have this option to pay to the guy that brings the goods to our places with cash (called Nachnahme) so in most cases is fairly safe to give it a try and cancel if things don't go right.

be careful placing preorders with Paypal and credit cards!! maybe they charge upfront, I don't know.

The notification email does state "this isn't a binding contract, it just means you placed an order" so maybe they'll take preorders and then cancel as they see that supply won't meet demand, I'd give it a try though

I do not have any experience with them so please, if someone has, share opinions and thoughts. In general please wait for opinions before preordering, in the meantime create an account and get to know the site maybe.

Shiggy

here is the link to the listing, the listing seems brand new, it wasn't there today earlier: https://www.technikdirekt.de/detail/index/sArticle/91263?sPartner=VKNR_483

it does seem to ship to other EU countries and you can change the language of the site to english and french.

It let's you get through with pre-ordering, I succesfully placed an order, in Germany we have this option to pay to the guy that brings the goods to our places with cash (called Nachnahme) so in most cases is fairly safe to give it a try and cancel if things don't go right.

I do not have nay experience with them so please, if someone has, share opinions and thoughts. In general please wait for opinions before preordering, in the meantime create an account and get to know the site maybe.

I bought my Apple Care for MacBook Pro from them. Seems like a very small shop as they sent an email asking whether I really want the product, which they would then order from Apple. Worked well though.

Ashler

here is the link to the listing, the listing seems brand new, it wasn't there today earlier: https://www.technikdirekt.de/detail/index/sArticle/91263?sPartner=VKNR_483

be careful placing preorders with Paypal and credit cards!! maybe they charge upfront, I don't know.

The notification email does state "this isn't a binding contract, it just means you placed an order" so maybe they'll take preorders and then cancel as they see that supply won't meet demand, I'd give it a try though

I do not have any experience with them so please, if someone has, share opinions and thoughts. In general please wait for opinions before preordering, in the meantime create an account and get to know the site maybe.

Pre-ordered, thanks!

sphinx

the piano man
I bought my Apple Care for MacBook Pro from them. Seems like a very small shop as they sent an email asking whether I really want the product, which they would then order from Apple. Worked well though.

nice to know.

did you place an order for this too?

I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling this won't work. I think I ordered one rare amiibo from them and because nintendo really wasn't producing them, they just never send it and never canceled either.

I am not sure when this listing went up, I found it through idealo.de, maybe it had "real" pre-orders a couple of days ago and now it's too late?

Shiggy

nice to know.

did you place an order for this too?

I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling this won't work. I think I ordered one rare amiibo from them and because nintendo really wasn't producing them, they just never send it and never canceled either.

I am not sure when this listing went up, I found it through idealo.de, maybe it had "real" pre-orders a couple of days ago and now it's too late?

I have Media Markt and Game orders up, don't want to place more orders now. Also don't think they'll get more than a handful copies.

angelic

Banned
Im pee'd off im paying GAME tax on the amiibos but at least I got them. This nintendo deliberate manufacturing droughts are really doing my head in.

So many of you guys with three or four orders in. I don't blame you, but I do wonder how many copies are going to be freed up shortly after release after everyone cancels their extra copies.

So many of you guys with three or four orders in. I don't blame you, but I do wonder how many copies are going to be freed up shortly after release after everyone cancels their extra copies.

The scalping is going to be rampant with this one.

The smart thing to do is not to cancel any extra copies.

The scalping is going to be rampant with this one.

The smart thing to do is not to cancel any extra copies.

I've personally only managed to get the amazon.de preorder and for the first time ever I feel like I should have bought an extra copy to resell it to justify my own 110 euro purchase.
I really hope they drop that price, cuz otherwise imma have to cancel it or resell it.

Macka

I have two orders, but until one of them arrives safely I'm not canceling. If I end up with two...well it won't be hard to resell.

Still hoping Amazon drop the price.

FallAgain

Oh, I just saw the listing with a review by someone from yesterday and assumed it had sold out since it is marked as "Currently unavailable". I guess pre-orders will probably go up today then since the listing wasn't there before...

sphinx

the piano man
just a heads-up,

I asked directly on www.technikdirekt.de and they confirmed exactly what I suspected,

Preordering was possible but they don't have supplies, they cancelled my order, so everyone els who ordered from them, you can be sure it's not going to happen,

they even said "you'll have to look somewhere else as we are very sure we won't get any more from Nintendo after the first shipment"

sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Ashler

just a heads-up,

I asked directly on www.technikdirekt.de and they confirmed exactly what I suspected,

Preordering was possible but they don't have supplies, they cancelled my order, so everyone els who ordered from them, you can be sure it's not going to happen,

they even said "you'll have to look somewhere else as we are very sure we won't get any more from Nintendo after the first shipment"

sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Yeah I also received the cancellation notice. :(

jelmerjt

https://www.thalia.de/shop/home/suc...gacy_edition/EAN0045496475529/ID71886634.html

65,99 euros.

They ship to Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden and Spain.

6UBY9Qi.jpg

AllEchse

I ordered Thalia as it's even cheaper then Saturn.

And if I don't get that I still have my Saturn order.

I got both ordered as pick up and pay at the store.

sphinx

the piano man
Your order will be cancelled/never be sent out.

this.

don't even bother.

still waiting on my FEFates LE.

but it did wonders for price-matching my coolshop,de preorder :D

went from 94.95 euro down to 65.99 not bad at all.

everyone with a coolshop.de preorder, definitely go ask for it, now will work because Thalia will remain "open for preorders and available" for all eternity and coolshop can't do shit about it

QUESTION for those who had done the pricematching thing on coolshop: do you guys see the price number changed in your profile? I asked the guy and said, he can't change that but that I should rest assured the pricematching is in the system, nothing to worry about, he said I should just email me the conversation to have proof of the change in price, in case anything went wrong.

jelmerjt

but it did wonders for price-matching my coolshop,de preorder :D

went from 94.95 euro down to 65.99 not bad at all.

everyone with a coolshop.de preorder, definitely go ask for it, now will work because Thalia will remain "open for preorders and available" for all eternity and coolshop can't do shit about it

QUESTION for those who had done the pricematching thing on coolshop: do you guys see the price number changed in your profile? I asked the guy and said, he can't change that but that I should rest assured the pricematching is in the system, nothing to worry about, he said I should just email me the conversation to have proof of the change in price, in case anything went wrong.

Maybe Amazon.de is going to price match too xD

TheMoon

same thing happened here when I did that with the Saturn.de pricematch.

hmmm I should maybe ask to price match again since thalia's preorder is cheaper...

KHlover

Banned
https://web.archive.org/web/2017071...gacy_edition/EAN0045496475529/ID71886634.html

I archived the thalia website on wayback machine, just in case. Chat agent told me they'd change the price on my order, but perhaps as an extra layer of security this will work. If thalia takes this down tomorrow I doubt coolshop would accept it for any new orders, but perhaps together with my timestamped chatlog ;)

EDIT: I also told amazon the price on thalia.de via this. Don't think they'll care, but it would be nice of they do.

EDIT2: Doesn't look like the direct link works, so here's a screenshot.

JJaumV6.png

TheMoon

RRockman

Banned
https://web.archive.org/web/2017071...gacy_edition/EAN0045496475529/ID71886634.html

I archived the thalia website on wayback machine, just in case. Chat agent told me they'd change the price on my order, but perhaps as an extra layer of security this will work. If thalia takes this down tomorrow I doubt coolshop would accept it for any new orders, but perhaps together with my timestamped chatlog ;)

EDIT: I also told amazon the price on thalia.de via this. Don't think they'll care, but it would be nice of they do.

EDIT2: Doesn't look like the direct link works, so here's a screenshot.

JJaumV6.png

Oh cool, practical usage of the Waybac! Good job.

KHlover

Banned
won't help, it has to be an active offer.

I know it has to be active when you chat with their support, this upload is just to be able to prove it was indeed active at the time if there's any problems in September. This way I have a timestamped chatlog and a timestamped copy of the website.

Top Bottom