• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
somehow i just made an 80s shonen protag
21167072_10209777037195091_6520680257403546824_o.jpg

sn00zer

So the people in the crowd are clearly "inspired" by other people?
Little Tiger Woods, Jin Kazama, and like a ton of Japanese developers I cant quite put my finger on.

wapplew

Game needs a serious QoL pass... it's too damn slow atm.

For sure. Need a restart single player tournament option so we don't have to quit to lobby and load again; restart hole option for single hole open course, I guess they try to make us use the kart.
Unlock can be less grindy, I'm fine with cause I enjoy all the grind but can be tedious for some.

surrogate

Hardest thing for me is still elevation changes
Any rules of thumb?
Does the marker indicate where the ball ends up without the elevation change, or with it?

Also does back and front spin change the arc to flat or high or is that another control?

Elevation change is an external factor, like wind, lie, ect. The flag marker just represents the distance from your ball to the hole. I haven't actually played a round in this game yet, but my very general rule of thumb for elevation in World Inv. was to add a yard for every yard uphill and subtract half a yard for every yard downhill. The club you use and you distance to the hole will effect how much harder/softer you need to hit it. It is really something that you learn from experience. Backspin hits the ball higher with more carry and less roll, topspin lower with less carry and more roll.

Didn't get to play tonight but was inspired enough to go and shoot a real life -6 66 on my local track (7,035 yards). I'm off on Friday so I will settle in for some good times tomorrow night.

Griss

Finally unlocked Vortex Valley. Now that's a cool looking course.

Anyone know where the rank 4 and rank 5 hidden items are in the home area?

Didn't get to play tonight but was inspired enough to go and shoot a real life -6 66 on my local track (7,035 yards). I'm off on Friday so I will settle in for some good times tomorrow night.

The fuck? That's a crazy score. I had no idea you were so good irl. What's your handicap? Scratch or plus numbers?

Damn, congrats anyway. You'd be like the best player at my club.

Triz

Hit my first "Secret" VS. target for hitting 50 birdies in Single Player. This is Hot Shots back to its finest form guys.

Wow man! I shot my best score ever this year of an 80 on a 6,600 yard course and I've been hacking around for over 25 yrs.
Congrats!
Friends played IRL this evening but I chose to have dinner with my wife and play this game. Lol

Finally unlocked Vortex Valley. Now that's a cool looking course.

Anyone know where the rank 4 and rank 5 hidden items are in the home area?

The fuck? That's a crazy score. I had no idea you were so good irl. What's your handicap? Scratch or plus numbers?

Damn, congrats anyway. You'd be like the best player at my club.

Thanks, that actually tied my best score ( damn 3 putt on 8 cost me more than I knew it would )Lowest HC I've been is .4 but it's been a few years. I lost a bunch of weight over the last couple of years and it played hell with my swing. For years I played a baby draw but when I got in shape I couldn't turn it over anymore, tried to play a cut for a while and eventually just put the work in to get my preferred ball flight back. Haven't played as hard this year due to work and such so the round tonight was a bit of a surprise, felt like I couldn't miss a shot. It was fun!

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Awesome game but it keeps having me play course 1 over and over and over again? Front 9 In, Front 9 Mirrored, Back 9 Mirrored, All 18 Mega Cups, All 18 Mirrored... the list goes on and on.

I've played SP several hours and it's never given me a tournament on anything but course 1?

Wow man! I shot my best score ever this year of an 80 on a 6,600 yard course and I've been hacking around for over 25 yrs.
Congrats!
Friends played IRL this evening but I chose to have dinner with my wife and play this game. Lol

Thank man! I've been playing for about 18 years myself. i can't wait to play E.G. tomorrow 😀

Awesome game but it keeps having me play course 1 over and over and over again? Front 9 In, Front 9 Mirrored, Back 9 Mirrored, All 18 Mega Cups, All 18 Mirrored... the list goes on and on.

I've played SP several hours and it's never given me a tournament on anything but course 1?
That's par for the course in this game.

Jeels

I know others have way bigger issues so I feel pretty posting this, but because of Harvey this game still hasn't shipped to me. :(

Griss

Just bought Balata Golf Course for 6.50 euro. Was wondering how they'd spice up such a basic course, and the answer is... they didn't. At all.

It's a low-effort, ugly runt of a course really, but it's nice for a stress free round. The foliage looks absolutely awful on it. They didn't even place the tees in different locations, there's just 10 yards between the regular, long and championship tees. Maybe they're trying to be true to the original but it makes for a course that feels like it really belongs 15 years ago.

On my very first go (18 holes, long tees, regular cups) I shot a -22. Unfortunately I just deleted my capture of my scorecard by accident, although the stats page still shows it. Shame, as -23 is my all time best EG score on any course so shooting that first time was pretty good. -13 on the front, -9 on the back.

I'd seriously advise you to watch some videos of the course though - it's not that good. The likes of Northern Fox and Sakura C.C. in EG6 absolutely blow Green C.C. and Balata G.C. out of the water as 'simple, easy parkland courses'. Honestly I think the course design there was much better than here. Doesn't help that the open course design actually leads to too many shortcuts on a lot of courses. The one thing this game has going for it is that Eagle City is the best opening course the series has had imo.

Heel

Hit my first "Secret" VS. target for hitting 50 birdies in Single Player. This is Hot Shots back to its finest form guys.

And they unlock an ability outside of golf, too. Pretty neat.

You can swim faster through water with Square.

That's par for the course in this game.

You must defeat 3 versus characters to get to level 2
Then 3 more to get to level 3 where you get a new course.
The levels here are different to the constant leveling you also see, like you will be level 8 or something by the time you unlock level 3 and get the new course.

F31 Leopard

I got confirmation today that Advanced Swing is not an option in Everybody's Golf PS4, and subsequently canceled my pre-order with Amazon.com. A golf game in 2017, on today's next generation hardware that only offers a non-real-time, horizontal 3-click swing meter interface does not float my boat... especially when the past two games in the series have had Advanced Swing, and it got a lot of critical acclaim because of it. smh....

I just picked up the game today and I was going crazy looking for the advanced swing option. So I googled to see how to access it. Your post came up on the search and got my answer. Highly disappointed it's not in the game. Hopefully they patch it in.

kdoll08

Purely anecdotal. But this game seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere in my town. Got the last copy at BB.. I would be so happy if this game does well.

I caved and decided to pick it up. Ordered online for pickup and noticed a lot of the BB stores around here had a warning about running out of copies - "order now to reserve!"

Still blows me away how popular Hot Shots golf is.

Honestly as much as I love the game it's not that it's popular in the U.S. it's that no one ordered it. My Best Buy only got 7 copies and my local GameStop got 2 here in Cincinnati, OH. Sony never promoted it over here even when the PS4 has been dying for a good golf game and their own in house title should get more love stateside. In Japan it gets lots of promotion and is a much bigger hit there

The PS4 Pro efforts are terrible, 60fps makes everything flicker and the lack of downsampling is brutal.

The aliasing is rough. So far gameplay wise it's solid though but really getting sick of the lack of effort for Pro support

mrklaw

MrArseFace
21167179_10159241727315402_7046375312136962819_o.jpg

Fucking Rank 7 tournaments, -12 on a 9 hole tournament in order to win, it took me like 2 hours to achieve that.

Do you need to win to progress or just earn XP finishing in the top 3?

The PS4 Pro efforts are terrible, 60fps makes everything flicker and the lack of downsampling is brutal.

The aliasing is rough. So far gameplay wise it's solid though but really getting sick of the lack of effort for Pro support

It's the game that shows you do need anti aliasing even at 4k

Yeah I also find this pretty annoying.

Do you get anything for playing online? Anything at all? I played some Turf War and while fun, I didn't get a single thing from it even as MVP. Open Course just seems to be playing random holes against leaderboard where everyone gets eagles on every hole.

Where are the online tournaments?

Ken

Some questions from a noob and wondering if the info I read on the web is right.

if it's crosswind I compensate by 1 square per 1m?
if the wind's against me I want to top spin (hold up), and vice versa for wind to my back? what do I do if the wind is like a diagonal SW/NW/SE/NE?
if lie is to the right then I press dpad left on hit and vice versa?

how does the switch modes thing to "power (?) 2" work? Is there a reason to not use them on the tee off? the ball seems to go further

Hobbun

When you are in the Home area, I see the percentages at the top of the screen for P, C, BS & BD. I know they stand for Power, Control, Backspin and Backdoor. My question is, what does the percentage represent? Is that the percentage of my levels gained for those stats, compared to max? Like My P is 6%. Does that mean I have 94% until Power is maxed?

Under Data, then Stats, it only shows my Power at 1. Control, Backspin and Backdoor are all at 0. But I know that is not the case as I've leveled all of them already, why are those three at 0 only?

Going to repost these questions for the next page.

I just picked up the game today and I was going crazy looking for the advanced swing option. So I googled to see how to access it. Your post came up on the search and got my answer. Highly disappointed it's not in the game. Hopefully they patch it in.

I knew there were others out there like me looking for this... I'm just glad I found out about it in time to cancel my order! As much as I like about the rest of this game, the horse & buggy era, non real time 3-click swing meter in this game is like putting a Yugo engine in a Porsche 911, in my experience. I couldn't get into the older Hot Shots Golf games that didn't have Advanced Swing for very long, and this one would be no different.

I'm just amazed at the number of people who are able to rationalize Everybody's Golf being relegated to it by accepting the notion that 'well, it plays great with the classic 3-click swing as it is'... sorry, but that dawg won't hunt! It would play sooooo much better for many of us IF it had real time, Advanced Swing options. Everybody's Golf deserves the real time goodness of OOB and WI's Advanced Swings!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Does anyone know if the DLC courses have tournaments, or are they just used in single stroke play and online?

surrogate

Some questions from a noob and wondering if the info I read on the web is right.

if it's crosswind I compensate by 1 square per 1m?
if the wind's against me I want to top spin (hold up), and vice versa for wind to my back? what do I do if the wind is like a diagonal SW/NW/SE/NE?
if lie is to the right then I press dpad left on hit and vice versa?

how does the switch modes thing to "power (?) 2" work? Is there a reason to not use them on the tee off? the ball seems to go further

How much you compensate for the wind depends on the club you're hitting, and choosing what type of spin involves more factors than just wind and lie angle. Experience will teach you how the different factors will effect the shot. As for power boosts, if you miss hit while using one, your ball will deviate more than if you didn't. There is also limited number of them, so it is best to use them wisely. While you can still apply a boost even after you run out, doing so will decrease your impact zone (pink area) and increase the likelihood of hitting a bunny or turtle.

Played it most of last night, loving it so far. The character creator is really good, I only played single player last night, not tried multiplayer yet but the core gameplay is as rock solid as ever. Glad single player didn't get cut out though, with EG's bigger online focus.

I won my first round and won my first VS match, against one of the game characters (bosses) unlocking more character parts for create mode. Looking forward to playing more tonight and trying multiplayer too.

Griss

Would be nice if you could at least level up playing t open online course and not just single player ttournaments

I'm pretty sure you can level up playing any kind of official round - I'm about level 16 already mostly from playing open courses. It's only ranking up that requires beating the single player tournaments. Unfortunately unlocking new courses is entirely tied to your rank and increasing your rank is pretty torturous, which is where they've gone badly wrong.

The whole single player system in this one is a massive step back from EG6, where you had a row of 6 single player tournaments that were actually well-judged, with a special bonus target for expert players to go after. And if you beat them all you'd play the single boss of that level and move on. Here you just get apparently randomly generated tourneys with no extra targets, a worse sense of progression and way too many vs matches.

Did the game count the albatross as *official*?
No it did not. The shot actually would have went 25 feet by the hole if it wasn't for tornado cup.

I swear I'm getting longest drive on nearly every drive I take even though I know it's not. Used my 3 wood one round to try and level it up and it was telling me it was my longest drive each tee shot. Confusing.

Griss

So does anyone know yet which hole is gonna be the one to achieve a CONDOR (par 5 hole in one)

If I had to guess it's probably on the tropical course - there's a par 5 there with a row of houses leading to the green. Get the right bounce angle down the road between the houses and you might reach the green in 1. I think it's hole 17.

Top Bottom