• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

BSpot

Ok I hit Rank 1 and it says I have an item in my Home area. Is it always in the same place for everyone? Where is it? I have wandered my whole home area (even the track and in the water. I see nothing...)

Brunire

Ok I hit Rank 1 and it says I have an item in my Home area. Is it always in the same place for everyone? Where is it? I have wandered my whole home area (even the track and in the water. I see nothing...)

The first one is actually right in front of the tournament desk where your character is usually standing after finishing an offline round.

Footos22

It's a shiny tiny item in front of the tournament desk. It will make a sound when you are close to it. Is hard to see.

Been looking at this game for a while. Really want a golf game but I just don't have the funds to pull the trigger...Destiny 2 comes out next week as well. Arghhhh what to do!

How's everyone enjoying it?

Setzer

Broke down got this last night. Good god it's...amazing. I couldn't put it down, stayed up a bit late and now I'm beyond tired at work. My first 9 holes, +3. My second 9, even. My third 9, -5. Took me a few rounds to get it down. Love the progression system.

Exactly how I feel, man. Having a blast with the game so far. Stayed up way too late last night playing a match with a friend and now paying for it at work. So damn tired lol. Can't wait to get home and play some more tonight.

I found my second and third characters chilling together in the Home area.

ftnUfOs.jpg

fade_

Uh I just got a code from Best Buy purporting to be the preorder bonus DLC but I think it's the full version of the game... Again...

LOL I can confirm this happened to me as well. I was bummed because I redeemed the first code without paying attention. This reverses that feeling completely. Thanks Best Buy!

Hobbun

So the P,C,BS, and BD represent the total level you have those stats leveled up to on all clubs. So while your 1w power might be at 90% your other clubs could be at 20% and the number in the home area represents your total average. This works the same way for all the stats.

Thanks!

Ok, so the numbers under "Data" and then "Stats" are an average of all your numbers of P,C, BS and BD? Right now I only have a P of 1, and everything else is 0.

Swass

Uh I just got a code from Best Buy purporting to be the preorder bonus DLC but I think it's the full version of the game... Again...

They sent me 2 more codes.. so now I have 1 physical copy and 3 digital copies for the low GCU price of $32..! Now if they can just get me that DLC code..

neilyadig

Just got two digital codes emailed to me from Best Buy, hope they're actually the preorder dlc this time, not that I'd complain about another digital copy of the game :D

Best Buy just sent me replacement pre-order codes.

Two replacement codes.

...and they're both for the full game.

What.

Yeah, mine are too ... just checked.

LOL I can confirm this happened to me as well. I was bummed because I redeemed the first code without paying attention. This reverses that feeling completely. Thanks Best Buy!

They sent me 2 more codes.. so now I have 1 physical copy and 3 digital copies for the low GCU price of $32..! Now if they can just get me that DLC code..

this is insane, best buy is raining down free copies of Everybody's Golf all over the place

Is there a way to check what the codes are for without reedeming them?

Usually any digital code lets you preview the item being added to your library before you confirm.

I definitely didn't buy them from the shop, so that means I must have earned them at some point while playing. Only one colour though, I think the other colours need to be earned separately.
Thanks, yeah I didn't see them in the store when I last checked.

Hobbun

Do you mean Rank 2? You start at Rank 1.

And how do you do free roam with single player (tournament) play? Or is it only for online? I hope not, as I probably won't do online, but would like to free roam the courses and also be able to find things.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
Can you guys still play Turf Wars? I'm wondering if the Balata CC DLC is bugged? When I enter Turf Wars, I'm thrown into a match which starts the moment I load up. When the game loads to the course, it's a blank player list and the course is always Balata CC. I have to close the entire game down to get out of the room.

Anyone else having this issue or is Turf Wars broken?

purbeast

Do you mean Rank 2? You start at Rank 1.

And how do you do free roam with single player (tournament) play? Or is it only for online? I hope not, as I probably won't do online, but would like to free roam the courses and also be able to find things.

At the start of each hole you can press L3 or R3 and it takes you out of the tee box and you can roam around.

neilyadig

Can you guys still play Turf Wars? I'm wondering if the Balata CC DLC is bugged? When I enter Turf Wars, I'm thrown into a match which starts the moment I load up. When the game loads to the course, it's a blank player list and the course is always Balata CC. I have to close the entire game down to get out of the room.

So it looks like they're aware of the issue:

The following issues have been confirmed as occurring with Turf War play.

Rounds do not initiate properly, and players become unable to progress.
Rounds begin with only 3 players.
Rounds begin without players having joined either the red or blue team, and if they continue to play they become unable to progress.
We are currently investigating the cause of these issues, and we ask your patience as we work to resolve them.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you very much for playing.

Source: http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/newmingol/playersinfo/2017/08/news004.html

Also, looks like there is going to be maintenance tomorrow. Not sure if it will affect single player:

Thank you for using our online services.

Essential maintenance will be conducted at the time and date below.
Please refrain from attempting to connect to online services during maintenance.

Maintenance Schedule

01/09/2017 07:00 - 01/09/2017 09:00(UTC)
09/01/2017 03:00 - 09/01/2017 05:00(EDT)
09/01/2017 02:00 - 09/01/2017 04:00(CDT)
09/01/2017 01:00 - 09/01/2017 03:00(MDT)
09/01/2017 00:00 - 09/01/2017 02:00(PDT)

*Maintenance may end slightly before or after the time noted above.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Source: http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/newmingol/playersinfo/2017/08/maintenance001.html

Seems we should keep our eyes on the official site. Also posted on the Clap Hanz Twitter: https://twitter.com/Clap_Hanz

purbeast

Someone posted a page or two back something that ClapHanz posted about issues with Turf Wars. They are aware of some issues and are working on fixing them.

Hobbun

At the start of each hole you can press L3 or R3 and it takes you out of the tee box and you can roam around.

Thank you.

Are you able to find 'rewards' during single-player games (tournaments), as well? I have heard you can find coins or other prizes, but I hope that's not online only.

Teggy

What was the reward for the first quiz? I remember him saying something about a new camera but I haven't noticed any new prompts on the screen.

purbeast

Thank you.

Are you able to find 'rewards' during single-player games (tournaments), as well? I have heard you can find coins or other prizes, but I hope that's not online only.

I'm not sure about that. I actually found it out accidentally because I knew there had to be a way to change your tee spot after you picked one, and mashed to find that out.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
Someone posted a page or two back something that ClapHanz posted about issues with Turf Wars. They are aware of some issues and are working on fixing them.

Thank you and thanks for the post @neilyadig

Is this issue game wide or DLC related? Can those who have not purchased the DLC course still play without issue?

Ravijn

Same issue with me. I have the original code they sent me that I redeemed thinking it was the DLC plus two more codes for the full game.

Glas

Can someone clarify this for me? I am not sure

If i press down before making the third X theorically the ball goes higher but rolls less once reaching the floor?

Alternatively if i press up it should go not that much higher but faster and moves more after reaching the floor?

Honghua and beach stage is becoming a nightmare for me even with a Control Club =/

Ruruja

Can someone clarify this for me? I am not sure

If i press down before making the third X theorically the ball goes higher but rolls less once reaching the floor?

Alternatively if i press up it should go not that much higher but faster and moves more after reaching the floor?

Honghua and beach stage is becoming a nightmare for me even with a Control Club =/

Correct.

Backspin and Topspin.

I knew I should've preordered at Best Buy for EG after missing out on getting it during Prime Day.

If anyone has a spare code they can part, I'm willing to pay. PM me.

Top Bottom