• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

sn00zer

My goodness this is pretty much everything ive ever wanted from Hot Shots.

minor MINOR quibble. There is like zero pretending you are anywhere but Japan playing against other Japanese ppl. Kinda hoped they wouldve at least localized the names and tournament opposition

It's fucking amazing man. I say buy this shit right now. I've never really played anything like it. It's beautiful, has a nintendo like charm to it, simple to play but hard to master golfing mechanics, an absolutely amazing character creator, it's only $39.99. Just to name a few The only real gripe I have is that you have to play a ton of single player to unlock the courses, and the two DLC courses can be frowned upon but I bought one of them and pre-ordered the game so I have the other one and they are good courses, but I can see how having two DLC courses right at launch would annoy some people. You still have 5 18 hole courses though without the DLC

Just buy it bruh

If you're a fan of the series or enjoy golf games like Mario Golf then you'll love this. I don't think content wise you're getting as much as you did in previous titles, like Hot Shots Fore(PS2) but for the price its pretty decent. One thing that is better than previous titles is that you're creating your own golfer and leveling him/her up and things like control, impact, spin and power improve as you play. I prefer this over just unlocking preset characters.

Thanks. I'm really interested in this game, I love mario golf games and I remember playing pangya golf. When I saw this game, I was reminded of pangya. Customization characters are pretty cool.

B00TE

Bought this with trade credit I forgot I had, man it's good. Really dig the open courses in online! Had some JP player following me around the courses and playing with me as I continually fucked up lol.

Hobbun

This is my first Hot Shots game. Have done 'ok' so far. My best game has been -3, so definitely room for improvement.

I did have some questions, though.

When you are in the Home area, I see the percentages at the top of the screen for P, C, BS & BD. I know they stand for Power, Control, Backspin and Backdoor. My question is, what does the percentage represent? Is that the percentage of my levels gained for those stats, compared to max? Like My P is 6%. Does that mean I have 94% until Power is maxed?

Under Data, then Stats, it only shows my Power at 1. Control, Backspin and Backdoor are all at 0. But I know that is not the case as I've leveled all of them already, why are those three at 0 only?

Really early yet, have only defeated one VS character, but ready to fight my second one. Having a lot of fun so far. :)

Allforce

Added myself to the Google doc, go ahead and add me if you want some competition.

Do your stats carry over to all 4 created players you can store? Or do you have to level each up individually?

moozoom

minor MINOR quibble. There is like zero pretending you are anywhere but Japan playing against other Japanese ppl. Kinda hoped they wouldve at least localized the names and tournament opposition

The different levels have different moods to them... pretty sure the mountain course is like a swiss or german setting. And the beach course looks like Hawaii. Besides the Npcs in the tournaments have very varied names, age and looks.

Is every game supposed to suffer the Ace attorney curse ? They localized the voices and they are terrible - the caddies in particular. - I'm glad the rest is globally untouched.

So I bit the bullet and bought the game last night, despite having zero golfing experience. Having fun so far, easy to play, very addictive. But the open courses seemed to be quite dead for me. I tried the open courses 3 times, there were 4 or 5 Korean players the first time, then I was alone in the other 2 games.

Does anybody know how to get the fishing pole? I know, silly question in a golf game.
I would also like know the answer to this. I am currently Level 5, haven't unlocked the ability to fish yet, there is no one at the pier.

Setzer

You need to manually increase the backlight to full and the contrast to full. The PS4 does not automatically increase it like it should when an HDR source is used. Also make sure Smart LED is set to full and do not use Dynamic Contrast like others here have said,it introduces more lag.

All of these things are set correctly on my TV using Game mode. Backlight is maxed, smart led is set to high, and dynamic contrast is set to high as well but even if I turn it off it's not going to make the dull/washed out colors go away. For some reason this only happens with Everyone's Golf and MLB but when I enable HDR on FFXV it looks fantastic.

So uhhh, I ordered this from bestbuy (physical version,) and they gave me a code for the digital version instead of the preorder items. So now I have a useless physical version (tho I still want my preorder items)

Well, I already used the code since I thought it was for the preorder items lol. Apparently they've put out a statement saying that people will get codes for their preorder items. Assuming they don't de-activate the digital version codes, I will have a useless physical version though...

I thought I was the only one. Will they just be re-emailing codes for the preorder stuff?

Perona

How do you change your character's skin color?
nvm I just figured it out

^ They said that they'll be sending out emails for the preorder stuff "soon"

Purely anecdotal. But this game seems to be sold out pretty much everywhere in my town. Got the last copy at BB.. I would be so happy if this game does well.
I caved and decided to pick it up. Ordered online for pickup and noticed a lot of the BB stores around here had a warning about running out of copies - "order now to reserve!"

Still blows me away how popular Hot Shots golf is.

Glas

Secret VS Character!
Scored 50 or more birdies cumulatively in official rounds unlocks a Secret VS Character
If you defeat him he will teach you how to swim

=O

Griss

My first open course tourney went well...

l0u4j7H.jpg

5th out of 1,636? I'll take that! In the beta prizes were given out if you were in say the top 5% then top 10% then top 20% etc. Hopefully I get something good...

bodine1231

All of these things are set correctly on my TV using Game mode. Backlight is maxed, smart led is set to high, and dynamic contrast is set to high as well but even if I turn it off it's not going to make the dull/washed out colors go away. For some reason this only happens with Everyone's Golf and MLB but when I enable HDR on FFXV it looks fantastic.

Hmm,is UHD Color enabled for that input?

Spy

Can someone please tell me where the power item on the ground for Rank 5 is located in the Home area? I refuse to leave before I find it, lol.

Rbk_3

What TV is this? On the KS8000 it looks great with out Dynamic contrast. Flipping HDR on and Off makes a crazy difference. You don't really appreciate it until you play with it off.

Heel

Just played speed golf and managed to get three Lucky Chance rewards in 30 minutes. That was fun. Came down to the last minute, haha.

Setzer

What TV is this? On the KS8000 it looks great with out Dynamic contrast. Flipping HDR on and Off makes a crazy difference. You don't really appreciate it until you play with it off.

I have a KS8000 as well. When I enable HDR the colors are dull and the picture looks darker. I'll see if I can post some comparison shots with it on/off to show you guys what I'm talking about.

Does it matter if this is an OG PS4 or PS4 Pro?

Hardest thing for me is still elevation changes
Any rules of thumb?
Does the marker indicate where the ball ends up without the elevation change, or with it?

Also does back and front spin change the arc to flat or high or is that another control?

Glas

Alpina Forest G.C
Today Items:

Hole 18
5x Coins
1x Turf Warp Medal
1x Ultra Approach Golf Ball

Hole 17
5x Coins
1x Gem

Heel

No ability to move from Open Course to Open Course without going back Home seems like a misstep, unless I'm missing how.

Top Bottom