• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Someone mentioned a costume for participating in the beta?? where do i get that code?

I can't for the life of me find the item in my home area for rank 3. I found it at rank 2 but Ive combed the whole island and nothing. With a message taunting me about it every 5 minutes.

its next to the empty golf cart

RodzTF

Getting real worried there isn't dedicated online tourneys like the previous two games

Is it just game rooms and the open online courses?

Please someone, enlighten me

Zemm

Regarding the grind, Clap Hanz has really gotten progression backwards here, which makes little sense as they used to get it right.

The idea should be:
-Introduce course 1. Play a round / tournament or two to move on.
-Introduce course 2. Play a round / tournament or two etc.
-Introduce course 1's long tees.
-Introduce course 3.
-Introduce course 2's long tees.
-Introduce course 4.
-Introduce course 3's long tees.
-Introduce course 1's championship tees.
-Introduce course 2's championship tees.
-Introduce course 4's long tees.
-Introduce course 5.
-Introduce course 3's championship tees.
-Introduce course 5's long tees.
and so on from there.

Different tees can make a course feel utterly different, but you want that spaced out with the addition of new courses to keep it fresh. In past games they totally nailed this, and they did so partially because you'd be unlocking mid-level characters who could deal with longer tees rather than just levelling up.

Instead I arrived at course 3 having to play off regular tees despite hitting the ball 330 yards with my driver. And since I can't 'de-level', the regular and even long tees are already worthless for me, but I'm only now coming to them on this course, and it'll be the same for course 4 and 5. The balance is all wrong due to the grinding systems.

I should have already seen all the courses at least once by now, and by now I should only be playing long tees with some championship tees mixed in.

Completely agree. The grinding in this game is too much and the progression is just terrible. It's kind of putting me off the game even though those are the only things the game does wrong. I'm just wondering how long it's going to take me to unlock all courses, fucking ages is the conclusion I'm coming to. Even then the challenging tees will take even longer.

If you don't get to rank 3 does that mean you can't play in the bonus course? That seems pretty shitty to do on Day 2.

Edit: Agree with the comments about the terrible course progression. I shouldn't be able to completely obliterate a new course like I did with the second one.

Has someone figured out how to create a lobby to invite friends and play torunaments online?

You can create a room and play that way.

but as for online tournaments...
One of the loading screens tells you about the 3 gates in the homing area, apparently the gate in the middle "international tournaments" is not ready yet.

not sure if thats what you mean or is this some world wide tournament they are planning to do, but clearly not ready yet.

Ostinatto

You can create a room and play that way.

but as for online tournaments...
One of the loading screens tells you about the 3 gates in the homing area, apparently the gate in the middle "international tournaments" is not ready yet.

not sure if thats what you mean or is this some world wide tournament they are planning to do, but clearly not ready yet.

Where can i create a room?

neilyadig

So, I just went online for the first time and I miraculously got my first hole in one while just randomly running around the course doing holes. I'm currently ranked 2nd for best score of the day for that specific hole...Besides a little statue besides the hole, do I get anything for this?

Also, what's the point of doing 9 hole challenges or really any of the holes in online mode? Is there anything to gain besides experience/running around and finding items?

Nice. Yea, good question - not sure the point of the 1 hole/9 holes in online Open Course mode.

Playing with friends seems to be better in a game room where you can keep track of score together.
Playing offline single player seems to be better for progressing through the game.

Edit: I'm guessing its just a fun/community mode to see other people and drive around in golf carts and mess around and find items, etc.

Perona

So uhhh, I ordered this from bestbuy (physical version,) and they gave me a code for the digital version instead of the preorder items. So now I have a useless physical version (tho I still want my preorder items)

sn00zer

Yes. I played a friend this morning and he's higher ranked and unlocked more balls and clubs than I have and had a serious advantage over me. Not sure if I can do something to change this in the settings when I create a match.

Well that's shitty....may have to handicap myself then, thanks.

For some reason I couldn't stop until I got 80/80 for rank 1 gallery.
Prize was
"Gallery full for this rank" in bold yellow letters
Cool!

Thinking about picking this one up. Never played Hotshots or dug into a golf game since Mario Golf 3DS but the footage I've seen looks charming. Plus the price point doesn't hurt either.

So uhhh, I ordered this from bestbuy (physical version,) and they gave me a code for the digital version instead of the preorder items. So now I have a useless physical version (tho I still want my preorder items)
Well I'll take that off your hands if needed ;-)

But I'm sure you can contact them for your preorder stuff.

Perona

Well I'll take that off your hands if needed ;-)

But I'm sure you can contact them for your preorder stuff.

Well, I already used the code since I thought it was for the preorder items lol. Apparently they've put out a statement saying that people will get codes for their preorder items. Assuming they don't de-activate the digital version codes, I will have a useless physical version though...

TFGB

I loved EG on the Vita but this feels tedious.

If something ain't broke then don't try to fix it. Not sure what Clap Hanz are trying to achieve with this iteration?

I have sank hundreds upon hundreds of hours into the HSG series over the years, but for some reason the new weirdly realistic chibi aesthetic, though tolerable on PS1/2/PSP, is just so offputting now. Still haven't pulled the trigger, but maybe will pick it up when it's on sale.

Bebpo

Banned
Completely agree. The grinding in this game is too much and the progression is just terrible. It's kind of putting me off the game even though those are the only things the game does wrong. I'm just wondering how long it's going to take me to unlock all courses, fucking ages is the conclusion I'm coming to. Even then the challenging tees will take even longer.

Feels like a F2P game setup...but there's no pay to skip grind option, so it's just weird.

It isn't a locked 60 in Everybody's Golf, at least not yet. I personally don't feel it is much of an upgrade; like another poster I would rather have downsampled locked 30. Maybe they'll continue to optimize the framerate (and get rid of the damned jittering dialog bubbles). IMO the biggest benefit to the Pro is with the PSVR, though of course games like Horizon and TLOU use it well also (and better than this game).
There's PSVR support in this?!

I want to be able to pay like 10 bux to unlock everything. I don't mind grinding for exp, but not for unlockables.

RoeBear

Just unlocked fishing. Rank 4 the second vs character gives it to you.

Turf war seems broke atm keeps soft locking my game trying to put me in that $6.50 dlc course.

I have sank hundreds upon hundreds of hours into the HSG series over the years, but for some reason the new weirdly realistic chibi aesthetic, though tolerable on PS1/2/PSP, is just so offputting now. Still haven't pulled the trigger, but maybe will pick it up when it's on sale.
Agree. The characters look horrendous.

brerwolfe

Since the game called it Chip-in i thought it was correctly, i will rename the video then

Thanks for the clarification just found a manual for the game
I didn't look at the clip so I didn't know the game labeled it that. That's really funny. Anyhow, good for you, that's not something that'll happen very often!

CLEEK

Just got this and played a few games last night.

Important question: Can you change the view of the ball while its in flight? I'm sure you could do this in previous games.

bodine1231

I tried enabling HDR but it just seems to wash out the colors and everything looks dull and not as bright compared to when I have it off....and I'm playing it on a Samsung KS8000 set.

You need to manually increase the backlight to full and the contrast to full. The PS4 does not automatically increase it like it should when an HDR source is used. Also make sure Smart LED is set to full and do not use Dynamic Contrast like others here have said,it introduces more lag.

Heel

Managed to get the 4th ranked official score on the 11th hole at Eagle City with a 105.8 yard Eagle.

https://youtu.be/g5t26jd7jV4

ATZmnS2.gif

Top Bottom