• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Hey Griss, you mentioned it took you around four hours to unlock the second course but I read a review where the writer mentioned he's put in something around 15 hours and he's still on the second course (maybe the person counted both online and single player, but still). You do sound like a veteran of the series though so you would obviously have an upper hand on novices and people just starting out but that disparity seems huge. Do you think the reviewer's play time is normal?

Hey Griss, you mentioned it took you around four hours to unlock the second course but I read a review where the writer mentioned he's put in something around 15 hours and he's still on the second course (maybe the person counted both online and single player, but still). You do sound like a veteran of the series though so you would obviously have an upper hand on novices and people just starting out but that disparity seems huge. Do you think the reviewer's play time is normal?

I would take a guess it took me around 4 hours to unlock Course 2 also. I only tried Turf Mode once in that playtime.

I want Everybody's Baseball (hopefully they take notes from Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū) It's a cute, relatively pick and up play friendly baseball game but it clearly has skill gaps and they take care of animations and take the design seriously)

...and Everybody's Tennis while we're at it.

I just had my first eagle with a chip in from 48 yards out. Ryoko just got shook.

I actually wanted to binge Yakuza this week, but this game is so addictive!!!

inner-G

Banned
Yeah, sure. I have someone in mind for the other one, and I'm not comfortable actually selling them since I'm not sure if they'll be deactivated or not.
Wow really!? That would be amazing 👊 If I have or come across a code or something you'd want I would swap you

taparoo

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I can't find the third shiny powershot for the life of me. I found the first 2 easily, and i've been moving like a snail around the home area and nothing =(. Can anyone help?

Allforce

I want Everybody's Baseball (hopefully they take notes from Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū) It's a cute, relatively pick and up play friendly baseball game but it clearly has skill gaps and they take care of animations and take the design seriously)

...and Everybody's Tennis while we're at it.

Since there will never be an Everybody's Baseball you should check out Super Mega Baseball on PS4. Actually a really good baseball game despite the cutesy package. Real strategy and excellent controls and options.

RodzTF

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I can't find the third shiny powershot for the life of me. I found the first 2 easily, and i've been moving like a snail around the home area and nothing =(. Can anyone help?

Near the golf cart IIRC

Lettuce

Hell Boi!!!!

uOE39jl.jpg

shame theres not a hair style with pony tail

Just gotta vent cos of fucking Cindy. I've smashed everything in single player so far but lost that because
auto impact takes control away and just makes the game random? Am I missing something?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wow they fucked up the contact stat so bad. Perfect impact and I'm getting random as fuck contacts... missing the goddamn green on par 3 tee shot because they introduced this random fucking stupid bullshit.

Clap Handz. WTF are you thinking. And then stat growth on contact is landing near the pin, and not perfect impact? WTF are you thinking!?

This shit is gross and ruining the game.

Rflagg

I suck at finding the stuff on ground in the home area, rank 3 and I have only found one. :( I sure hope they don't disappear.

Griss

No, the reviewer's play time is not normal.

To unlock courses you specifically need to be entering single player tournaments. If you don't do that, and just play Open Course rounds or Solo Stroke Play rounds, you will never rank up. You'll level up, but you won't rank up. There's a difference. So that reviewer either really sucks at the game and can't beat the single player tournaments, or they've just been doing Open Course / Stroke Play stuff for hours on end. Both of which I could understand.

But after you unlock the second course, it should take the following to unlock the next:
(Two 9 hole tourneys followed by a VS match) x3 - Which is roughly 40 minutes times 3, which is about two hours.

So I'd say it's about 2-3 hours to unlock courses after unlocking the second course, if you just focus on single player. It's not that bad, especially since you'll have 36 holes to play tournaments on. What makes the start of the game bad is that you have to unlock the 2nd nine holes of the first course using this process and THEN unlock the second course, so the time is essentially doubled to 4-6 hours, and all of that time is spent playing the same holes. Once over that hump things are fine.

Just gotta vent cos of fucking Cindy. I've smashed everything in single player so far but lost that because
auto impact takes control away and just makes the game random? Am I missing something?

Auto-impact seems significantly worse in this game. I don't remember ever seeing it hit the red in previous games when messing with it, and it happened three times in the match I played lol

But after you unlock the second course, it should take the following to unlock the next:
(Two 9 hole tourneys followed by a VS match) x3 - Which is roughly 40 minutes times 3, which is about two hours.

I'm playing on Serious mode so am not sure, but isn't this statement strictly true for Serious mode? I thought it took more rounds than that to get to a VS mode if you weren't playing Serious.

purbeast

I tried serious mode for the first time last night. At first I was like damn, these scores are pretty close even though I'm birdieing every hole. But if you look closely where it shows you what hole everyone is on in the scoreboard, you see that the CPU with higher scores is usually like 3-4 holes ahead of you.

So basically it's still easy peasy lol.

Griss

I'm playing on Serious mode so am not sure, but isn't this statement strictly true for Serious mode? I thought it took more rounds than that to get to a VS mode if you weren't playing Serious.

Sorry, you're absolutely right. It's 3 rounds until a VS character if you're not playing serious mode - but only the extremely new to the series should be avoiding serious mode on the first two courses - it's still totally manageable as long as you typically break par over 9 holes.

Rflagg

Fuck hole three or maybe 2 on the alpine course it makes me think I have a shot at the green in one (par 5), but if I go for it my ball bounces into the water and the drop is stupid.

I played for an hour or so tonight and figured out how to setup a room, but can you play online tournaments with friends ?

We were only able to play against each other, which was fun but might get old pretty fast.

Did I miss something ?

Is turf war hosed for anyone else.

I've tried three time - It puts me in a lobby, takes me back out, then puts me in another lobby and never starts the round and I can't leave the room and have to exit to ps4 menu.

I played for an hour or so tonight and figured out how to setup a room, but can you play online tournaments with friends ?

We were only able to play against each other, which was fun but might get old pretty fast.

Did I miss something ?

I don't think there are online tournaments like in past games.

I got a hole in one without a tornado cup, everything goes berserk which is nice. Does it save replays automatically or I have to use the PS4 share button?

second question - when you go online and do the challenge course it shows you your rank overall, and "rivals". What are 'rivals'? (rank in rivals is very high, rank overall is in a much larger list).

PS: In character creator you can make real monsters, if you move and twist around features. Like "Wonder" style.

Top Bottom