• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Just got a notice for a 1.04 update 153mb, not sure what it does yet (please anti aliasing lol)

edit: "Bugs fixed"

Sooo who knows lol

Hih6B2m.jpg

Anyone with an lg oled can get hdr game option to work without washing out the black?

I can't do it without the loading screen black going grey or any other total black for that matter. And the whole scene looks washed out.

can't turn off hdmi deep color on the tv - it switches it back on.
Tv deep black or color gamut settings don't help.
PS4 options don't help either.

sn00zer

This definitely feels like one of those games thats pretty good now, but needs a billion patches before it becomes sonething great.

If people are looking for the hidden rewards in their Home area that get dropped after you beat a Rank in the offline Tournaments (there will be a message notifying you under the 'info section in the bottom right corner of the screen), I can confirm that they might not appear due to some strange graphical glitch.

You should see a golden glowing area of 'sparks' on the ground which then allows you to press 'X' by it to pick it up, but this would only show for me randomly and only if my camera view was pointing in certain directions.

I tried this on 3 different PS4s and the same problem occured.

So, if you're having a problem finding these rewards, close the game and restart it until they show up for you as they 'should' be clearly visible.

The sparkles only appear when you're close I thought..

I couldnt find rank 5's sparkles though so i'll give it a go and turn on my ps4 to have a look.

Anyway to quickly rank up? Im getting something like -9 for most SP tourneys and just waiting to unlock the next course

use serious mode! by pressing the square button, you get more XP. It's harder though..

RodzTF

Seriously, everyone should play on Serious mode. Eliminates half the grind and you'll get better by aiming to beat better scores

-Lack of different swing / shot types - The past two games had about 6, so this is a major step backwards. I don't like the traditional meter that much so this sucks for me.

You're one of me! I still can't come to grips with this, but I honestly think at some point they'll add Advanced (Real Time) swings, like they had in Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds and World Invitational. I'll be all over it the day that happens!!

purbeast

Maybe I missed it when creating a character, but is there even a way to set your shot type to fade/draw/straight in this game?

Jb

Since you need to beat 2 courses to unlock a VS character and there's 3 of them per rank, am I correct in assuming you need to play a course 6 times to get to the next rank? Or does the progression curve improve later on?

Voorhees

Since you need to beat 2 courses to unlock a VS character and there's 3 of them per rank, am I correct in assuming you need to play a course 6 times to get to the next rank? Or does the progression curve improve later on?

Some tournaments offer the full 18, so beat it once and you have the XP for a VS round.

Samus4145

Finally had people running around an open course this morning, before than I was always alone. It was my, this game is awesome moment, but then I realized I still need to grind SP for courses and got sad.

Smokey

Just got the game yesterday. I've yet to go online, but I'm enjoying SP. Can someone explain to me how progression works? So I need to beat courses in SP to be able to take them online and use them if I'm the host? And what's the purpose of Serious Mode?

Hellers

It helps the grind that I find the actual golfing really fun. I hit rank 4 this morning. I currently have the first hidden Vs and the first Vs of rank 4 waiting for me when I get home from work tonight.

Finally had people running around an open course this morning, before than I was always alone. It was my, this game is awesome moment, but then I realized I still need to grind SP for courses and got sad.

I had the same problem too, hopefully everyone will pop up in my game now.

Serious mode gives you more challenge and xp.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
And what's the purpose of Serious Mode?

If you constantly find yourself winning tournaments, activate this. It just gives more exp and coins but in turn, ai will shoot lower. I hardly ever had issues until I hit Rank 7, that's when ai seriously kick butt on serious mode.

Ostinatto

Just got the game yesterday. I've yet to go online, but I'm enjoying SP. Can someone explain to me how progression works? So I need to beat courses in SP to be able to take them online and use them if I'm the host? And what's the purpose of Serious Mode?

SP unlocks pretty much everything,(i´m not sure about the online courses, ive finished the SP before playing online), and just try to be #1 on any tournament.

Serious mode is Hard mode, NPCs are way better, gives you lots of XP thou, you will level a lot faster. (after Rank 7 you dont need to do it, since thats the maximun level).

ianpm31

Every time I try to go to an open course online it freezes when I select yes. I have a feeling that the servers are getting hammered from Japanese release

How do you enter an open course online with a friend?

My girlfriend and I tried to join eachother through the menu and got placed into the same course but couldn't see eachother. We both had identical players in our open course too. Could it be because we are different ranks?

Griss

Since everyone is always asking these questions, can we put together a list of where the secret power up items appear?

What I've got:

Rank 2: In front of the tournament registration desk in the plaza
Rank 3: On the dirt path taking the left exit from the plaza
Rank 4: Next to the golf cart in the plaza
Rank 5: On the dirt path taking the right exit from the plaza (Somewhere between the fishing pond and pavillion iirc)
Rank 6: ??
Rank 7: (I don't know if there's even an item at this level as I haven't reached it)

surrogate

Maybe I missed it when creating a character, but is there even a way to set your shot type to fade/draw/straight in this game?

It doesn't look like it, everyone is a straight hitter with the same trajectory, unlike previous games. After playing a high trajectory fade for four years as Kat, it is going to take a while to get used to having a different shot shape. I am also missing having the "Good Approach" positive attribute.

Hole 10 on course 3 has frame rate issues (at least in 4k mode) so even the bar doesnt go smooth and its impossible to hit a perfect impact lol. :(

Ruruja

Anyone here buy from Amazon UK and not get the pre-order code with the bonus course, etc? I don't have one.

I got it from Amazon UK and my email came yesterday. Check your spam maybe?

Your Everybody's Golf (PS4) Codes from Amazon.co.uk is the subject.

If not, just get in touch with them and I'm sure they'll sort it out.

dano1

A Sheep
Biggest disappointment is lack of comparing scores with friends!!! Are you kidding me?! Or is that hidden somewhere?

Hobbun

I just can't seem to get the timing down right for the perfect impact. A lot of times I will get it touching the white area, which gets me "Nice shot!", but it isn't that satisfying "ping!" when it lines up perfectly. If I touched the white area consistently, I would be ok with it, but I sitll hit too much before or after it.

What is everyone's 'perfect impact' percentage? Mine is almost 27%.

I still win tournaments easily enough, even after just reaching Rank 2, but my scores are still 'ok'. At least compared to others I see posted here. -14, really? My best so far is a -5.

*sigh*

I just can't seem to get the timing down right for the perfect impact. A lot of times I will get it touching the white area, which gets me "Nice shot!", but it isn't that satisfying "ping!" when it lines up perfectly. If I touched the white area consistently, I would be ok with it, but I sitll hit too much before or after it.

What is everyone's 'perfect impact' percentage? Mine is almost 27%.

I still win tournaments easily enough, even after just reaching Rank 2, but my scores are still 'ok'. At least compared to others I see posted here. -14, really? My best so far is a -5.

*sigh*

My perfect impact is at 28.2%. it's been rising though, slowly.

In other news,

I finally got to Rank 3 and unlocked the next course and the cart. That was a slog

So, is anyone going to try to organize a game with people from the spreadsheet?

Hobbun

My perfect impact is at 28.2%. it's been rising though, slowly.

In other news,

I finally got to Rank 3 and unlocked the next course and the cart. That was a slog

So, is anyone going to try to organize a game with people from the spreadsheet?

28.2? Ok, I don't feel as bad now. Maybe I am 'supposed' to miss that perfect spot as often as I do. Although I think I still do hit too much in that area before or after the white zone. The rabbit or turtle is rare, but often enough I do miss the white bar completely.

Top Bottom