• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

jpg

Neo Member
I still can't figure out how to catch those "???" fish. Finished the story, currently fishing level 23 and caught all of the other fish already. One thing I noticed is that if you go to the encyclopedia and sort by rarity, they aren't rarer then some of the normal fish, the "???" one's are all mixed in, some of them appear to be as low as two stars.

Just looking at the gauge when renting the fishing equipment it looks like level 50 is the max (so level 30 + the level 20 pole?), each level up just says it just allows more tension before the line snaps. Another thought I had is that maybe some equipment like a special bait will be available to buy or win as a prize at some point, or maybe some fish only come out during certain weather conditions or times of day (though I've fished in the rain and at sunset and nothing new so far).

RSchmitz

My take on Kiryu
DImS2gVXkAAC-GD.jpg:large

I'm not too good with character editors. I unlocked a suit from the sumo guy but it's blue and can't change the color.

Hi, complete noob here. Just want to ask how much am I supposed to aim to the side when putting on a slope? Let say the bank is sloping downward to the left, I aim right, then the ball travels in a curve, but I'm always missing the hole by just an inch. Is there an indicator that tells you how far to the side you should aim?

My take on Kiryu
I'm not too good with character editors. I unlocked a suit from the sumo guy but it's blue and can't change the color.
I unlocked a vest last night, it will have to do until I can find a better suit for Kiryu.
There is also a Hawaiian shirt in the shop, you can make your Kiryu looks like he's in Okinawa if you like. LOL

RS4-

Hi, complete noob here. Just want to ask how much am I supposed to aim to the side when putting on a slope? Let say the bank is sloping downward to the left, I aim right, then the ball travels in a curve, but I'm always missing the hole by just an inch. Is there an indicator that tells you how far to the side you should aim?

I think you have to read the green? I don't know how it is in this version, but in previous games, you can see how the green runs.

Previous games, the grids show how much faster/slower a ball would run due to the way the green is shaped. So you take that into account. It's just something you get used to the mroe you play.

hort22

is there anyway like in the older hsg games to manually record a hole? now the only time it records is if I chip in

is there anyway like in the older hsg games to manually record a hole? now the only time it records is if I chip in

I'm pretty sure
i just unlocked it with the second quiz.

Not sure, but if it's in there I bet it's locked behind one of the quizzes. I've done the first 2 and need to get to rank 6 to unlock the 3rd quiz.

Thankfully the share button is an option, but I hope manual record is in there
Wasnt that the second quiz unlock???

Not sure, but if it's in there I bet it's locked behind one of the quizzes. I've done the first 2 and need to get to rank 6 to unlock the 3rd quiz.

Thankfully the share button is an option, but I hope manual record is in there

I'm pretty sure
just unlocked it with the second quiz.

I think that's just different camera angles, and not the manual recording option.

sun-drop

figured this would be a good game to try and get my GF into gaming with ..i mean it's basically one button, how do i set up a char to have a large sweet spot so it's easier to time shots with ?

figured this would be a good game to try and get my GF into gaming with ..i mean it's basically one button, how do i set up a char to have a large sweet spot so it's easier to time shots with ?

Level up control to reduce sway (spraying the ball). There's no impact rating like in the past as far as I can tell. However, you can use stuff like the Beginner ball to widen the impact zone.

Griss

Well, this rank 6 quiz was certainly an eye-opener - I had no idea at all that using backspin actually increases the spread of your shot, effectively reducing your control.

Also, the addition of 'ultra backspin' at rank 6 is actually a gameplay change I can get behind. Harder to do with serious benefits. I like it.

I thought I'd unlock the last course at this rank though :(

Well, this rank 6 quiz was certainly an eye-opener - I had no idea at all that using backspin actually increases the spread of your shot, effectively reducing your control.

Also, the addition of 'ultra backspin' at rank 6 is actually a gameplay change I can get behind. Harder to do with serious benefits. I like it.

I thought I'd unlock the last course at this rank though :(

I thought adding backspin will make your shot more suspect to wind only. So there's more?
Good to know.

Mossybrew

Alright NeoGaf - help.

Bought the game mainly to play couch multi with my kids. Everybody logged into their own single player game, made a character (sub accounts).

We go to start a game under my main account, multi local, but we can see nowhere where they can load their custom characters, just a selection of generics.

Am I missing something?

Triz

Alright NeoGaf - help.

Bought the game mainly to play couch multi with my kids. Everybody logged into their own single player game, made a character (sub accounts).

We go to start a game under my main account, multi local, but we can see nowhere where they can load their custom characters, just a selection of generics.

Am I missing something?

I had to make all characters under the main account....

Dragoshi1

Is there a guide of how to unlock stuff? Like fishing, a kart, ect.

And is there a way to drive carts in the Home? I see a race track ripe for it.

Looks like my Best Buy code from earlier in the week was for the full version too but I haven't gotten any other than that one. This is wild though.

Rainy

Banned
Is there a guide of how to unlock stuff? Like fishing, a kart, ect.

And is there a way to drive carts in the Home? I see a race track ripe for it.

I haven't done it yet, but once you reach Rank 2, a lady stands near a cart in your Home says to unlock the kart, you need to beat a person in a car-racing uniform in a tournament first.

Still need to do that myself.

Mahonay

Banned
Just downloaded this today and gave been loving my time with it. Already dumped 5-6 hours into it. I find it incredibly relaxing. Helps that I'm apparently pretty good at the game.

Mahonay

Banned
Got my first hole in one. Was on a weird bounce off the flag that looked like it shouldn't have connected though.
I had an amazing bounce where my ball was going to land in the water, but instead hit a rock in the water and bounced off it directly to where I needed it to be on the green. Shit was great.

I've gotten a few chip-ins. Super satisfying.

SZips

Is there a way to set up a friends only free roam lobby? We tried multiplayer but we never had the option to move outside the tee box.

I feel like I'm missing something with that.

sn00zer

Anyway to quickly rank up? Im getting something like -9 for most SP tourneys and just waiting to unlock the next course

Get'sMad

finally unlocked the 3rd course...feels good man.

I've been mostly playing Spotify while playing but when I'm not theres one dang annoying noise in the music where I keep thinking my alarm clock is going off.

Is there a way to set up a friends only free roam lobby? We tried multiplayer but we never had the option to move outside the tee box.

I feel like I'm missing something with that.

Same question.

If all I can do with my friends is VS on a locked course they aren't going to stick around for long.

Can I play online with a friend simultaneously and not taking turns?

Also why don't your clubs level up playing online? Doesn't really make sense.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
For anyone with a certificate level of 14/15. How on earth are you managing this? Does this pretty much require Eagles on every hole? I've holed over more than 900 times and I think I've never gone higher than 13.

TFGB

If people are looking for the hidden rewards in their Home area that get dropped after you beat a Rank in the offline Tournaments (there will be a message notifying you under the 'info section in the bottom right corner of the screen), I can confirm that they might not appear due to some strange graphical glitch.

You should see a golden glowing area of 'sparks' on the ground which then allows you to press 'X' by it to pick it up, but this would only show for me randomly and only if my camera view was pointing in certain directions.

I tried this on 3 different PS4s and the same problem occured.

So, if you're having a problem finding these rewards, close the game and restart it until they show up for you as they 'should' be clearly visible.

Spacedeck

Neo Member
Ah man, anyone had a VS special revenge disappear? I had the karting guy for the second time but after I entered the match I realised I needed to warm up, so quit out to play a tournament and return later. When I quit out though, the character disappeared. Anyone know if these special revenge characters are a one chance for the day?

surrogate

That is something you learn from experience. How much you would compensate for a particular slope is dependent on both the length and speed of the putt.

Top Bottom