• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

neilyadig

How do you enter an open course online with a friend?

My girlfriend and I tried to join eachother through the menu and got placed into the same course but couldn't see eachother. We both had identical players in our open course too. Could it be because we are different ranks?

Open the menu, go to Communication (or similar) > Friends > select your friend from the PS4 friend list > it will open their profile and you can select "Go to player" > It will warp you to their realm

purbeast

My PI percentage has been lingering around 40-42% since I got the game. I believe I was pretty close to that as well in OOB, although I still like advanced so much more and I feel like I got PI more with advanced than this traditional mode.

I saw on Reddit there's an indirect way to play together with friends simultaneously (ie not take turns) and be able to level up clubs as well.

My friends and I have been playing together in rooms one of us created but we didn't like waiting on each other to shoot and not being able to level up. We found a solution. Have one of your friends on a course (that everyone has unlocked) and the other players go to MENU, CUSTOMIZATION, PLAYER. From there select your friends and GO TO PLAYER. Once the course loads for everyone you can start a 9 hole and tee off at the same time, without waiting and able to level up. You will see your scores in the daily rankings at the end.

hort22

So the DLC courses are:
A lake course
A pineforest course
An Japanese countryside course in autumn (looks like Autumn Pagoda G.C. from EG2 on PSP)

I like the first and last ideas but the pineforest one sounds dull.

the pine forest one looks alot like augusta national

N° 2048

Love character creator but they need to give us option to pick color for additional hair and some clothing.

My attempt at Makoto

Futaba

No maid costume or messy hair, Kiwakami/Becky is off the table...

Wow, how? That's amazing!

I want that Futaba.

Codeblew

For people that have finished single player:
How do you unlock the daily VS. Character that shows up in the HUD at the top?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you want to level up and unlock things initially it's the single player tournament.

But is it worth doing the open online just to look around for the items on the course? Anywhere to did out which hole has items each day?

Codeblew

If you want to level up and unlock things initially it's the single player tournament.

But is it worth doing the open online just to look around for the items on the course? Anywhere to did out which hole has items each day?

I would say it is worth it to do the daily and get the free items. You are going to want as many gems as you can get when you finish single player. I wouldn't waste time trying to find every last coin but may as well grab the present, gems, balls and obvious coins. Everything will be consentrated around 1 hole per course. So just drive around the fairways until you find the hole. Then circle the whole perimeter of that hole.

I would say it is worth it to do the daily and get the free items. You are going to want as many gems as you can get when you finish single player. I wouldn't waste time trying to find every last coin but may as well grab the present, gems, balls and obvious coins. Everything will be consentrated around 1 hole per course. So just drive around the fairways until you find the hole. Then circle the whole perimeter of that hole.

What daily gives you free items? Is it the bonus one in the open course? I did the 9 hole earlier and didn't get anything

W Hudson

Here are the DLC course images for anyone who missed the link:

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

The Fall course looks like it could be fantastic, plus the article states that it is going to be hellishly difficult, which I always enjoy. Agreed with the poster that the pine tree course looks a bit generic.

Tapejara

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I was finally able to redeem the beta tester bear costume. Give your code another try if you haven't yet!

W Hudson

The beach course is reaching World Invitational levels of "why am I playing golf on a course like this"

I've enjoyed it so far. I just dislike the hole (thinks its like 14 or something) with the stone arch blocking your approach shot. Seems like a weird design choice. Other than that I really enjoy it.

-Also to those who have unlocked the final course how is it? I've only just now opened the canyon desert course

I mean clubs. I was in a private room with a friend and they weren't leveling up at all which seems silly to me.
I think I read somewhere that they don't level up in game rooms. Does seem silly.

Biggest disappointment is lack of comparing scores with friends!!! Are you kidding me?! Or is that hidden somewhere?
Neuromancer posted about a comment made on reddit (source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Everybodys...multiplayer_with_friends_with_level_up_and/):
My friends and I have been playing together in rooms one of us created but we didn't like waiting on each other to shoot and not being able to level up. We found a solution. Have one of your friends on a course (that everyone has unlocked) and the other players go to MENU, CUSTOMIZATION, PLAYER. From there select your friends and GO TO PLAYER. Once the course loads for everyone you can start a 9 hole and tee off at the same time, without waiting and able to level up. You will see your scores in the daily rankings at the end.

I've heard that you can sometimes see your friends' scores in the daily rival section under daily rankings. Might not show up until the next day though. I'm not even sure how daily rivals works.

Get'sMad

dang these people online on the 1st course are p good...seeing -20s all over the place for 9 holes....I'm all coming in the 1000s shooting like -10s and -12s.

vgamer1

Downloaded the game using one of the extra Best Buy codes and it does indeed look like it's the full game!!

Played last night until I hit rank 2.

I can tell this is gonna be a new addiction.

Added myself to the google doc as well, hope to play with some of you soon!

dano1

A Sheep
I think I read somewhere that they don't level up in game rooms. Does seem silly.

Neuromancer posted about a comment made on reddit (source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Everybodys...multiplayer_with_friends_with_level_up_and/):

I've heard that you can sometimes see your friends' scores in the daily rival section under daily rankings. Might not show up until the next day though. I'm not even sure how daily rivals works.

I just want something as simple as showing 9 hole and 18 hole course records between friends.. Seems like a huge oversight!!
I could care less about world records. Not touching those 😯

I think its worth it to play the daily 9-hole round. It will be obvious which hole has items because in the course of running around, coins will just start popping out of the ground around the edges.

The beach course is reaching World Invitational levels of "why am I playing golf on a course like this"
When the green is on an island with no way to get to it other than swimming, that's an issue.

Mill0

Neo Member
I remember playing the OG Hot Shots Golf on PSX and thinking to myself. why do people think this is such a boring sport, as I was having a blast.
Cue to me watching ESPN and never again doubting the common sense of watching golf on tv...

Anyone have an extra set of game codes to share by any chance?

If I didn't bounce on that water on the 18th at the beach, that would've been tragic. Finished with an Eagle.

We seriously need an old school training mode to shoot around on these courses.

sn00zer

The character creator is legitmately my favorite ever. Very simple but a ton of options and you really can make a character that looks like you.

Triz

When you start the daily online tourney and eagle the first three holes...And are still ranking in the top 3k people to do the hole. Feels bad man.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Only meaningful improvement I'd suggest for the game is for courses to unlock more quickly, or for there to have been like 3 courses available at the start. Not sure if I'm missing something but it would be nice to have more variety up front

I still can't get the super backspin to work properly. I need to watch some vids or something. Find out exactly what scenarios it will work in.

Dominator

I haven't played a Hot Shots in a very long time, and I'm loving this. Scratching an itch I didn't even know I had.

About to play my second VS so I'm not far at all but it's so fun.

purbeast

dang these people online on the 1st course are p good...seeing -20s all over the place for 9 holes....I'm all coming in the 1000s shooting like -10s and -12s.

I was afraid the scoring in this game would turn into what Tiger Woods eventually turned into, due to the way everyone is eventually going to be the exact player stat wise. Looks like that is already happening. That's a huge step back from previous iterations IMO, I liked the variety of characters with strengths/weaknesses. In this version we're not gonna have that.

purbeast

I still can't get the super backspin to work properly. I need to watch some vids or something. Find out exactly what scenarios it will work in.

There isn't much to it. Hold UP as you press X to set the power, then hold DOWN as you press X to set the accuracy. That's it.

You need PI, and depending on your club/stats/lie/where the ball lands - you may or may not get the back spin with the blue flame.

hort22

I was afraid the scoring in this game would turn into what Tiger Woods eventually turned into, due to the way everyone is eventually going to be the exact player stat wise. Looks like that is already happening. That's a huge step back from previous iterations IMO, I liked the variety of characters with strengths/weaknesses. In this version we're not gonna have that.

could also be the scoring glitch that was in the beta as well...i think you can quit the round and start over and your score carries over for the entire score...something like that...hope they can patch it.

Top Bottom