• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf |OT| We'll miss you Hot Shots Golf

Only meaningful improvement I'd suggest for the game is for courses to unlock more quickly, or for there to have been like 3 courses available at the start. Not sure if I'm missing something but it would be nice to have more variety up front

Difficulty ramping needs tuning and there's WAY too much replay of the same courses early on; the grind is way too slow as far as courses go. Various graphical issues are present. The game is certainly not beyond criticism. It's fun for sure but far from perfect.

There isn't much to it. Hold UP as you press X to set the power, then hold DOWN as you press X to set the accuracy. That's it.

You need PI, and depending on your club/stats/lie/where the ball lands - you may or may not get the back spin with the blue flame.

I'm talking about specially where the ball lands, stats, etc. I want that blue flame.

N° 2048

There isn't much to it. Hold UP as you press X to set the power, then hold DOWN as you press X to set the accuracy. That's it.

You need PI, and depending on your club/stats/lie/where the ball lands - you may or may not get the back spin with the blue flame.

Where can I find a guide to this? The game doesn't explain things well.

I've only been using the power shot apparently? I didn't even know about other shots.

Is there a list of shots?

purbeast

I'm talking about specially where the ball lands, stats, etc. I want that blue flame.

At any level you can get it with the wedges. I did it my first round in the game. You just have to learn through trial/error. But basically any iron will have the blue flame if you land it on the green on a flat surface, at least once you start leveling up a bit.

It does have pretty general rules though. The higher the ball goes, the more backspin it will have on it. The flatter the surface the ball lands on, the more backspin it will have. If you are hitting from an uphill slope, the ball will have more backspin (and will also have a higher trajectory since you're aiming uphill).

As for the guides on the different shots, I'm pretty sure they teach you as you go. I know all of them from prior iterations of the game, but I've noticed every VS player for the most part has had some type of advice they give you in regards to shots.[

At any level you can get it with the wedges. I did it my first round in the game.

As for the guides on the different shots, I'm pretty sure they teach you as you go. I know all of them from prior iterations of the game, but I've noticed every VS player for the most part has had some type of advice they give you in regards to shots.

got it, thanks!

Heel

Can you activate Super Backspin / Super Topspin if you're also hitting a draw or a fade, or am I making things overly complicated for myself?

Example, a draw from right to left with Super Backspin:
up/left d-pad for power + down/right d-pad for accuracy

Do I have that right, if it's possible to do? Or can you only do the combo of two buttons with a regular backspin / topspin?

hort22

Can you activate Super Backspin / Super Topspin if you're also hitting a draw or a fade, or am I making things overly complicated for myself?

Example, a draw from right to left with Super Backspin:
up/left d-pad for power + down/right d-pad for accuracy

Do I have that right, if it's possible to do? Or can you only do the combo of two buttons with a regular backspin / topspin?

correct on the bold text

edit...still need to have perfect impact as well

Heel

correct on the bold text

Me calculating approach shots tonight:

giphy.gif

Heel

This is what's confusing me. I don't know anything about golf but this game is fun and I want to learn more.

Feeling overwhelmed...especially with these shot types and when/how to use them.

Does this guide apply to this game? http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS-Vita-Games/Everybody-s-Golf-Help/td-p/16502213

I can't find any at all for this game.

Yes, the "while taking a shot" info applies.

Note, you can keep the desired d-pad buttons pressed while the gauge is moving up or down as long as you're still holding them down when you need to press X. Meaning, you do not have to tap both the d-pad buttons and X at the same time, you can concentrate on your timing of tapping X while just holding the d-pad buttons. Hopefully that makes sense.

Open course I shoot a -8 to beat the -5 I just shot before it but when I finish it tells me I didn't beat my last score so it still shows -5. WTF man!!

N° 2048

Yes, the "while taking a shot" info applies.

Note, you can keep the desired d-pad buttons pressed while the gauge is moving up or down as long as you're still holding them down when you need to press X. Meaning, you do not have to tap both the d-pad buttons and X at the same time, you can concentrate on your timing of tapping X while just holding the d-pad buttons. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks so much!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Touchpad for course overhead map with camera controls is great. Did my first deliberate shot onto another fairway to cut a sharp dog leg, leading to my first eagle

Melvinator

Neo Member
Open course I shoot a -8 to beat the -5 I just shot before it but when I finish it tells me I didn't beat my last score so it still shows -5. WTF man!!

You must have played an unofficial round, i.e. Mega cup, tiny cup, tornado cup rounds.
They won't count towards your records.

elmalloc

I'm still having a lot of trouble getting consistent super back or front spin. I've played most of the HotShot games.

I'm doing super backspin clicks and I'm getting super topspin occassionally. I read that you "may not always get" the spin you want, but are we supposed to get the opposite sometimes? I wonder if I'm the only one.

Example, no matter if I hit power with up or down on the D pad and the reverse at impact, I'll either ge ta double blue circle or double red circle occassionally for the same combination (e.g. holding up, then holding down can result in either super backspin or super topspin).

Yes! After narrowly missing my first hole in one last night I got one today.

Got an unofficial one shortly after also. I hate making great shots on unofficial tournaments, feels wasted.

purbeast

This shit is really starting to aggravate me how my driver has 10 control + I'm using the clubs that give you +4 control, and I hit PI and it's hitting off the hozzle or tip of the club.

Who's bright idea was it to implement this randomness? It makes no god damn sense. I liked in previous games how if I hit PI it went where I was aiming, not randomly some other shit direction.

purbeast

I'm still having a lot of trouble getting consistent super back or front spin. I've played most of the HotShot games.

I'm doing super backspin clicks and I'm getting super topspin occassionally. I read that you "may not always get" the spin you want, but are we supposed to get the opposite sometimes? I wonder if I'm the only one.

Example, no matter if I hit power with up or down on the D pad and the reverse at impact, I'll either ge ta double blue circle or double red circle occassionally for the same combination (e.g. holding up, then holding down can result in either super backspin or super topspin).

If you hold UP/DOWN you get super backspin.

If you hold DOWN/UP you get super topspin.

Sounds like it's working as it's intended and you just didn't understand how it worked :)

Koren

This shit is really starting to aggravate me how my driver has 10 control + I'm using the clubs that give you +4 control, and I hit PI and it's hitting off the hozzle or tip of the club.

Who's bright idea was it to implement this randomness? It makes no god damn sense. I liked in previous games how if I hit PI it went where I was aiming, not randomly some other shit direction.
Perfect impact shots are randomized, really? That's... not a great idea if true...

Rflagg

So the flag/marker thing that shows where it thinks you need to hit seems to have disappeared, anybody know how to get it back?

Edit: Never mind it seems to have fixed itself :)

shermas

Perfect impact shots are randomized, really? That's... not a great idea if true...

Yah.. Some PI shots seem to veer off course. The penalty for 'just' missing seems random, too. If I'm a whisker off the white, it seems to penalize my shot just as much as times I barely hit the pink area.

Yah.. Some PI shots seem to veer off course. The penalty for 'just' missing seems random, too. If I'm a whisker off the white, it seems to penalize my shot just as much as times I barely hit the pink area.

Penalty is randomized, but are you sure regarding PI? I've never had my PI shots sprayed off course. But it sure sounds dumb, they need to patch it out.

elmalloc

If you hold UP/DOWN you get super backspin.

If you hold DOWN/UP you get super topspin.

Sounds like it's working as it's intended and you just didn't understand how it worked :)

No, I've played Hot Shots series a bunch, I do understand how it works. I usually hold the button, but since I'm not getting consistency, I've tried tapping. I'm sometimes getting the REVERSE to happen for the same inputs, which is what's frustrating.

E.g. if I hold up, then down - I get super backspin, but half the time I'll get super topspin! Why? I'm still low levels in the game, but I use the driver off the tee to see colors (since the lie couldn't possibly affect the shot and not allow topspin). Is blue/orange color being used differently in this game, possibly to indicate if you hit a PI or not?

It seems like others are also struggling with spin too. Now I'm starting to wonder if orange and blue even mean anthing towards if it's backspin or topspin, that makes no sense though.

I can't tell if PI has any affect on if the color is orange or blue, and I'm relating blue to backspin and orange to topspin (from previous HS games).

aechris

I almost shit myself when I started the game post update and it said something like "save data is not supported by this version of the game." Why would they word it like that!? What did they mean, anyway?

TMC

Can't wait to boot this up in an hour or two.

It looks like my Best Buy pre-order code is for the full game. I saw some people are interested in paying for the code. Feel free to PM me with an offer if you're interested.

Top Bottom